1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Primal Battles #1: Cynthia versus Red

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Thunder, Apr 19, 2015.

?

Who will win?

1. Red

22.2%
  2. Cynthia

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    In this topic,which I will update weekly,you vote who would win[​IMG] between two people from Pokemon[​IMG].​
    It could be Pikachu versus Charizard or even Preschooler versus Youngster.​
    Today's battle we have the trainer who was just too good to be the champion,Rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeed!​
    [​IMG]
    His Team​
    Pikachu-Lvl 100-Thunderbolt,Electro Ball,Iron Tail and Volt Tackle​
    Zapdos-Lvl 97-Fly,Brave Bird,Discharge and Thunder​
    Moltres-Lvl 97-Overheat,Fly,Brave Bird and Sunny Day​
    Articuno-Lvl 98-Ice Beam,Brave Bird,Hail and Fly​
    Charizard-Lvl 99-Fly,Falmethrower,Blast Burn and Brave Bird​
    Mewtwo-Lvl 99-Psychic,Psyshock, Thunderbolt and Protect​
    Then we have the flawless woman with Pokemon[​IMG] so strong she left her region for a while to have some better battles in Unova,Ccccccynthia!​
    [​IMG]
    Her Team​
    Garchomp-Lvl 100-Draco Meteor,Dig,Slash and Earthquake​
    Spiritomb-Lvl 97-Shadown Sneak,Curse,Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball​
    Milotic-Lvl 97-Ice Beam,Hydro Pump,Attract and Wrap​
    Togekiss-Lvl 98-Aura Sphere,Fly,Extreme Speed,Air Slah​
    Luacrio-Lvl 99-Aura Sphere,Close Combat,Psychic and Extreme Speed​
    Slyveon-Lvl 99-Moonblast,Dazzling Gleam,Draining Kiss and Hyper Beam​
    Cynthia:My Pokémon are too strong,Red shall never defeat me!
    Red: My Pokémon are classic battle winners[​IMG],they'll wipe the floor with Cynthia!
    The trainers are ready,who will win?
    You decide!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I have to go with Cynthia. Between Garchomp's Earthquake being able to ohko Pikachu without breaking a sweat, Milotic's Ice Beam and Hydro Pump anhiliting every legendary bird and Charizard, and Spiritomb being immune to half of Mewtwo's moves, it's almost no contest.

Red's team is really unbalanced in typing here, which confused me. In an actual battle in the game, if Red's opponent set up stealth rock it would be a death sentence for everyone but Mewtwo and Pikachu. Speaking of Pikachu, he has an okay set, but the problem is that he's not strong enough to take out most of the other Pokémon and he can't take a hit after failing to KO. Seeing as only two members of Cynthia's team are weak to his moves and Garchomp in immune to 3/4 of those moves and resists the last one, Pikachu doesn't stand a chance against Cynthia's team unless he's got an eviolite or light ball. And even then he'll just have to pray Cynthia doesn't switch to Garchomp.

Another reason for Cynthia's win besides her having a much more balanced team is the synergy her team has. It's not impeccable, but she certainly has some good switch ins. Garchomp can switch in on a thunderbolt meant for Milotic and take no damage, Milotic can easily tank an Ice Beam meant for Garchomp, Spiritomb can take a Psychic meant for Lucario and take no damage, or Garchomp could take a Blast Burn for Lucario and take minimal damage while taking advantage of the one turn cool down Charizard is now stuck with. These switch-ins that Cynthia has provide her a huge advantage over Red, who has 4/6 of his team sharing at least two fatal weaknesses.

I'm wondering why you didn't use Red's iconic in-game team, which was fiersome to battle and much more balanced. If you're taking it from the anime, you could also look at his team roster in Pokémon Origins. Also, if you're not taking from the anime, I'm a bit confused on why you have such narrow typing for move sets and why you use moves such as dig and fly when you already have earthquake and air slash that work so much better.

All in all, my verdict is Cynthia has much better team synergy, much better variation in her movepools, and more strengths against Red's team than she has weaknesses to it. I'd be honestly shocked if Cynthia lost.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I'm going with Cynthia, and the level's are close enough with Red's it doesn't really matter at this point. They are both good trainers, I could give you that, but the only reason Cynthia could lose is that her Pokémon are under leveled, but that isn't the case.

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm going to go with Cynthia. Her team is more balanced with Pokémon that can learn a wide variety of moves. Considering your not using the team that Red uses in the original game, the team is somewhat unbalanced with two fire-flying types, and 4/6 of the team being flying-type in the entirity. I feel like the team given to Red is overall unfair in terms as it's completely unbalanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.