1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Prototype Valoriadex

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by guest, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    All of the old posts for the Valoriadex mashed into one place. Quite the read if you decide to dive in!
    None of the content here will be continued on to the renewed Valoriadex, but submissions made here can be reused later on.
    The title of the project, 'Valoriadex', was decided upon during this period of the project and carried on after being taken to very well.
    Have fun reading!

2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I am so hyped for this :D It's a really cool project, and I think we can make something really awesome, so I'm all in for this!!!

For a name, I came up with The Voxum Dex. The word "Voxum" isn't just something I made up myself; it's actually a combination of quite a few things:

• The word "Vox" is Latin for voice, which represents the fact that in this project, everyone has their own voice. We're making this together, as one big team, each person with their own voice
    • "Vocum" on the other hand is derived from Vocatum, which literally means "we have been challenged", but it can also be translated as simply challenge, which of course represents the great project we have to make
    • Aside of all that, "Voxum" sounds Latin, and Latin sounds smart, so that's pretty cool I guess xD
    • And finally, I will quote something from a character from my old fanfiction, Destiny: "My name is Axilles. It's like Achilles, but with an x, because an x makes everything way cooler."

Now it's time to reveal what logo design I came up with... Be proud of my amazing art skills:
    [​IMG]

Yeah yeah, I know, you can all laugh at me later xD What I did is, I made the X huge, and in each of the four corners, one of the four classic elements is showcased. This is supposed to represent how we have to use everything and everyone to make this project a great succes, but I doubt if anyone would've thought that :P But yeah, my art skills are close to zero, so hopefully there will be many more entries soon :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ZeldaZam and guest like this.
  3. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    -not suggesting a name because im no good at those-

Anyway, this looks like a wonderful idea! I'd be glad to help out with this, be it concepts or actually spriting the fakemon, although my style is a bit... far from the standard fakemon spriting style. xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  4. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Aah, sweet! Once the designing of actual Fakemon begins, spiriting will be super useful! Your spritework looks amazing too, and I'd say the style is on point :D Your trainer mugshots look amazing too, you've done a great job getting the style down :0
    I can imagine people will be interested in pairing with you once things start rollin'!

5. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Oh, speaking of trainer mugshots, we could possibly set those up with the region too? Like hero + heroine + professor + gym leaders and all that jazz. xD

Also this thread would seem to be a great source of fakemon ideas. (I could totally use the rejected ideas for my own fakedex) xD

6. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Of course! Mugshots and sprites as well as bios etc for designed characters will probably be the focus of character elaborations, since there isn't much else to elaborate upon haha
    Trainer cards and such could be made too! There's a lot to look forward to :)

7. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Also, might I suggest that we have 2-3 topics for submission? It'd really boost up the speed of the fakedex's progress and lets other people who aren't good at the current topic to help out with something else.

Possibly one topic would be brainstorming for the general stuff such as region name, towns and cities, climate, etc (I thought of Luviere as a nice name since it incorporates L and V into it. It rolls off the tongue nicely too!) This is assuming the fakedex is a complete one with lore and stories. :)

The other topics could be concepts for people within the region, such as the resident professor and gym leaders, fakemon, the evil criminal organisation, etc.

Just my two cents, haha!

Noctis likes this.
  8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Name? Umm... what about the Lake Valokédex?
    Totally didn't name that just on the spot

guest likes this.
  9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,404.2
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So I have created my Logo, finally. It's decent I believe

[​IMG]

guest likes this.
  10. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Once we get a name of the region, we could totally make the logo. :D

11. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I was thinking we could do something simple, like this:

[​IMG]

The odd blue is in the background because it looked too plain in just the white, which wouldn't have been a problem if I could get it to save the background as transparent grumble grumble.

But yeah, just something simple with our dex name in the middle and the colors of the types around it. My swirl is a bit off, but oh well.

guest likes this.
  12. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I think it would be cool to call it something simple like "The Database". Sounds romantic huh :3 I'm going to upload my logos later when I'm done with them.

guest likes this.
  13. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I'm super happy to see so many entries on the first submission! Thanks a bunch for taking so well to the idea everyone, and good to you all when the voting comes around! >vO

I was thinking of taking from what @[member="Ravenide"] said about doing multiple submissions after this one. My idea is to have submissions focused on writing take 1 week rather than 2, such as creating abilities or moves, lore and the such. Submissions that you can enter drawings into will stay at 2 weeks to give you guys time, unless you guys would prefer that be cut down to a week too?
    It would speed up the process a bit but I don't want you guys to feel rushed or not have enough time to finish your entries! Feel free to put forward any ideas; I want to make this as enjoyable for everyone as possible. :)

14. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    I think one week is definitely enough. I'm gonna give the logo a try. :)

guest likes this.
  15. Nova

Nova Hiker

Rose
    (Skitty)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    This seems really cool! I'm not the greatest at naming things, but I can totally try and design a logo. XD
    I've done some fakemon designing in the past, so hopefully I can help out with this project, whether it's spriting or something entirely different. Pixel-type art is fun~.

guest likes this.
  16. TheMerryWolf

Kiawe
    (Cubone)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,669.2
    I had an idea for a few Fakemon. Something having to do with a sphynx. Three evolutionary stages, based on the creature itself and the riddle one so famously posed to Oedipus: "What goes on four feet in the morning, two feet at noon, and three feet in the evening?"

Of course, someone's probably thought of this idea before. Not sure what type it would be. Fairy, Dark, Ghost, or something.

Smooshie and guest like this.
  17. Weaselbear

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I have a signature fakemon that I created that I absol-utely LOVE.

[​IMG]

Altog - Croaprano - Marsetto

All water/psychic, based on a musical note/frog.
    Altog can be found in groups near ponds singing with small croaks in different pitches to make a choir.
    Croaprano can imitate any instrument
    Marsetto can imitate instruments and human/Pokémon sounds.

guest likes this.
  18. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Thanks for mentioning your Fakemon @[member="TheMerryWolf"] and @[member="Weaselbear"] uvu They sound and look great respectively, and I'm sure they'll do well when we get to the Fakemon submissions >VO Since they're both 3 stages, they might do well as starters depending on what you guys decide to do for typings and such uvu
    Be sure to resubmit or mention them again when we get to a submission you want them to be included in! I'll take note of them so they don't get lost in pages later on, too uvu

19. murmurlade

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    good luck to those submitting! :> this sounds really interesting~! never gotten round to making fakemon before but i sure as heck adore ones that people have created ;v;

Noctis and guest like this.
  20. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ooh, this sounds interesting! My twin and I are great artists, so consider us! But.. do we just submit ideas for Pokémon here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.