1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Prototype Valoriadex

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by guest, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Anyone and everyone is invited to join in, so of course you guys are welcome! We're not doing a Fakemon submission just yet, but the second submission will be a Fakemon! If you have any ideas for a title for the challenge and/or a logo design, you can submit one now uvu

2. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Oh, okay! So, if I don't have any ideas as of yet, I just wait until the second submission is in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Yep! There'll be 2 weeks for each submission that drawings can be entered into, that one included, so you should definitely have enough time to think of what to draw C: Good luck in advance!

4. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I'm no good at logo designs or names, but I've got plenty of fakemon I could submit when the time comes 8O. I'm assuming we can submit ones we've already made? They don't have to be brand new?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    I gave it a try. Agh, it's so hard to make a logo for something so vague. xD​
    [​IMG]

6. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Of course! So long as they're your own designs, that's all that matters uvu Good luck when the time comes around! >VO

Thanks for submitting @[member="Ravenide"]! Good luck when we get to voting~

7. Magistrum

Magistrum Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Oh, neat :) a project like this is a great way to boost activity.

Personally I think that a fakedex project's name usually comes around the middle of the process where it is simultaneously coined along with what the main legendaries represent and/or relevant bits of the plot, but I guess naming early on is fine too, albeit more difficult.

As for name suggestions, I suggest not having the word "fakedex" on it because IMO it's sorta off-putting and less authentic, for the lack of better word. Having "dex" is fine tho.

If you look for fakedexes at deviantart, you'll often see their names based on the name of their region, or "Pokémon [insert color/gemstone/whatever the heck word] Dex". I'd probably go with this as well. I suggest "Pokémon Lacus"/ "Lacus Dex" (Latin word for Lake, altho those who hate Lacus Clyne might irrationally hate this name too lol) or "Pokémon Valoria"/ "Valoria Dex" (in reference to Valor, and Valoria sounds nice as a region name IMO). Just my two cents :P

shinygiratinaz, brsajo and guest like this.
  8. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Valoria is actually a REEEEAAALLY great name!

!!!

9. kirakinn

kirakinn Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Rafael and guest like this.
  10. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    They look really good, nice! You should consider submitting them when we get to a fakemon submission you like the sound of uvu

11. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I was just thinking, shouldn't we focus on choosing a name first before making the logo? The logo's going to include the name of the fakedex after all.

EDIT: We can start by voting for the name first since making the fakedex's name isn't as hard as making the logo. Once we decide the name, we may or may not extend the deadline for the logo so that the people who submitted their own logos earlier will have time to re-edit their's with the fakedex name we've decided on.

guest, shinygiratinaz and Ravenide like this.
  12. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    I agree with the post above.

13. Kaze

Kaze Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The Valourpaedia?
    Mind you the Valourian Pokédex sounds very nice too.

Rafael and guest like this.
  14. kirakinn

kirakinn Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Mizumu is lake in japanese, and it has a nice ring to it.

guest likes this.
  15. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    That sounds good to me! I had expected the logos to each have their own name but that didn't quite turn out as expected. Would you all be happy for the voting to start today or tomorrow?

I'm sort of tempted to revamp the submission stage to include several with staggered submissions, since the reason I didn't have several at once was to avoid there being too many polls at once.

Does this sound good to you guys??

Sorry that the process is still a little all over the place, I'll do my best to straighten it out!

16. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    It's okay, we know you try your hardest. :)

17. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Yes, I think it's good if we decide the name today or tomorrow. The sooner the better so we can finish the logos too and move on to the fun part which is building the actual fakedex :D

And don't worry about it Mag! We know you're trying your best to make this project a success :D

18. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Thanks for being so understanding guys ;v; I have a few ideas for ways to make things smoother and more organised, it's just a question of whether or not I can get them to work out or not. The submissions so far are wonderful and I'm sure future ones will be too so I want to make this work out as close to perfectly as I can manage >:U
    Except I'm really bad at making things work the way I plan LMAO

19. kirakinn

kirakinn Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    If anyone has any starter ideas, I can sketch them out

20. WobbuffetWynaut

WobbuffetWynaut PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.5
    Are Fakemon sprites allowed? i don't know how to draw on a computer, I only know how to make sprites.. :/ Also, can we submit our Fakemon yet...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.