1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Prototype Valoriadex

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by guest, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Types for starters? How 'bout Psychic, Dark and Fighting? Their matchups go around in circles, pretty much like Fire, Grass and Water, if you guys know what I mean.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Thunder and guest like this.
  2. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    But Fighting, Dark and Psychic has been already done in the sixth gen. Fighting, Flying and Rock do the same thing IF we go for the Double weakness circle.

But i think it would be better, if the secondary types are passive to each other. Like Fairy, Ground and Ghost.

guest likes this.
  3. AzrielCais

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Well this seems interesting. Maybe I could help with sprites and stuff. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  4. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Will these be secondary or primary typings? c:

It'd be awesome of you to give us a hand with spriting, since that'll definitely be a big job when we start filling out a Pokédex-esque image file and such stuff!

Get your entries for submissions 2 and 3 in asap guys, only a day left before voting for both begins!

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,663.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My Submission 1:
    [​IMG]
    Pollushe is a Fairy/Poison Type. As pollution grew in the world Arceus found it necessary to create a guardian of it, to keep it from growing to dangerous levels. Pollushe is constantly downcast about it's role though.

guest likes this.
  6. Fear

Fear â—Š Galactic Glitches â—Š

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.1
    Well, I think we should name it RandomDex beacuse, eh.. need to explain? We do random things and this name duits perfectly. (my opinion)

Now it's time for the logo... here it is! (I own this drawing | Made with dA muro)
    I tried my best:3

Prof. name: Renukki (Female)

7. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
  8. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have a question: do the starters for our fakedex still follow the 7:1 male:female ratio, like they do in the real games? Because I have a decent idea in mind, but I don't think it fits to be much more likely for it to be male than female. Is the ratio open for change?

9. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I think we'll be sticking to the same ratio, since that's a prevalent feature of the starters throughout all Pokedexes. Don't let that hold back your designs though! A feminine design can be used no problem, since there're plenty of instances of animals looking more 'feminine' by our standards even when male, especially with birds and fish etc. Serperior comes to mind as a feminine starter design too, so just roll with the design you have in mind c:

10. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    All right then, I'll try to make the design a bit more so it fits for a male Pokémon, though it might still look a bit more feminine. Thanx for the answer, I'll get to the drawing soon :D

11. Rio

Rio Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Submission 5: New Nook City
    As I based my abandoned Pokémon game off Greenland(which reminds me, should we try to base the region off a country too?), this was a play on Greenland's capital, Nuuk City. The name "Nook" could also refer to every nook and cranny of the region being modern and technological. The roads would be paved with pressure-to-energy conversion technology, magnet cars for lesser car accidents and efficiency(pity those who jaywalk), temporary anti-magnetic waves as traffic lights and a few other strange revolutionary technology(hey, what about submissions on new tech to be incorporated in the game? o3o)created by the region's geniuses after salvaging what they could from the old Nook City that had been destroyed/abandoned in the creation of New Nook City.

The game I made revolved around the concept of change, so yeah modernization and the sort. Due to my attempts to be unique from the canon Pokémon games, I also didn't want the players to start in another quaint village/town, but rather right in the bustling city for once due to the region being a citadel of change and all.

Miscellaneous:
    Since there is a Professor in this, perhaps the Professor's lab would be a little out of the city so as to have peace and quiet from the bustling world and be closer to the nature and Pokémon that he/she studies, also so as to have the "Route 1" introduction to the players. Perhaps there could be some sort of construction work or rioting from the antagonist team currently in the city or some sort of prevention from meeting the first Gym Leader(or rather, how about have the Gym Leader as the Professor so you can't meet him/her until you go meet him/her in his/her cabin outside the city?)

guest likes this.
  12. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I considered it but I figured that, since the project is for Lake Valor, which includes people from all over the world, it would be cool to sort of make the region a mish-mash of different cultures, climates etc. I thought to have submissions based on features of the region rather than where to base it, to make it more inclusive and unique.
    The idea of creating the starting town before aspects of the region are decided is based on the idea that people from anywhere come into Lake Valor, with the 'anywhere' being the starting town', and then get to experience a variety of cultures and such through the people of LV, which would be reflected by the range within the region.

Of course, if you guys would prefer to have the region based on a real world country instead, I'd be happy to make that the next submission instead! :O

13. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    If it isn't too much to ask, could we get a list of the winning submissions as well as a link to the refinery topic in the first post?

guest likes this.
  14. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Of course @[member="Rafael"] uvu Sorry for not thinking to do it sooner!

Rafael likes this.
  15. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,663.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Submission 4:
    My starting town name is Werever (said Where-ver) I based it of Magpaeonia's post:
    and so using my fabulous naming genius, I smashed where ever together.

Layout wise it's small, but each house and building looks different, as in it is built in a different style. The lab sits at the southern end of the city and is mostly what they are known for. Connected to the lab is the Professors House which makes it the largest structure. The players house is desgined so that it is mostly underground with a semitransparent roof, allowing light into the place. The Rivals house is an old style victorian house perhaps. maybe add in a good ol' 90's style for a random citizen and maybe one or two more.

guest likes this.
  16. Rio

Rio Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Here's an idea for Submission 4. I'm not gonna do it since I've never really been good at drawing animals or Fakemon design in general, but in relation with the theme of being worldwide and all, what if the three dragons are from different cultures?(ty Azriel xP) Like, one could be the Chinese dragon, with long trailing tail, claws and bright colors, another could be the typical dragons with large wings and something like that, the last one could be a serpent of some sort.

Perhaps we could reverse what one would consider their typing into another. Chinese dragons are almost always red and green(Fire), but we could also make them the Grass starter. Serpents are guardians of the water, so we could make them the Fire starter or something.

guest likes this.
  17. AzrielCais

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I think the word you were looking for is cultures, not religions.

Seems like an interesting idea.
    I was thinking more on a wyvern for a fire starter, and a maybe some sort of large, land-based dragon for a grass type. Sea serpents for a water starter would just make sense.

guest likes this.
  18. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Over in the refinery, Professor Hawthorne's gender was decided to be female! We're gonna have a new poll in 2 days deciding their topic of research, so you guys should reply here with any ideas you have.

Don't forget to get your submission 1 entries in asap, there're only 4 days left and so far there aren't very many entries!

19. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Agh, I'll have to get a sketch in for Submission 1. Expect it in a day or two~

guest likes this.
  20. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Submission 5-Axelict Town or Rolav Town (Valor spelt backwards XD)

guest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.