1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pup and Izzy in Kanto

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Iridescent Isabelle, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    (@[member="Bionic Puppy"] and I are doing a roleplay loosely based on the games FireRed and LeafGreen. This'll count for the Buddy Event, but also for fun. Until further notice, this roleplay is closed for other players than the two of us)

A blond girl with a braid sat on the ground in Professor Oak's laboratory. The clock on the opposite wall told her it was quarter past nine already. Oak had told them to be here at nine in the morning, but there was no sign of the other guy just yet. That served Isabelle Evergreen just fine. Because he was late, Oak had allowed the girl to make a choice already which starter Pokémon she'd like to use. So there she sat, with a female Bulbasaur on her lap. Oak had warned her that this one was rather tiny for its kind. Isabelle did not care much for that. If it was smaller, then she would be faster as well, though probably less able to take hits, if it came to that. All that could wait until they had time to train. For now, Izzy enjoyed the bonding time with the sleeping Bulbasaur on her lap.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    His feet pounded against the dusty earth, his breath ragged and out of time. Pallet town always seemed so small, apart from when you needed to get from one place to another quickly! Spots of sleep were dashed aside by the whirling wind streaking past his ears. Pallet town's green earth stretched below him in all directions, broken by houses dotted close together in little huddles around the farming-central town. Oak's lab was never getting closer, he took a fleeting but fearful glance at his watch, 09:15 Damn! No time. Despite his shuddering body, he powered on, he was always a good runner. He could make it by 9:25 if Oaks lab stopped moving away from him...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The door crashing open startled both the girl and the Bulbasaur. In the doorframe stood a panting kid, about her own age. Behind her, the clock said 9:25. Firmly too late. Cradling the Grass-type starter in her arms, Izzy stood up, just as Oak entered from wherever he had been.

"Ah, so you made it. I wondered when you were going to show up. Miss Evergreen has been here since quarter to nine," Oak said, causing Izzy's cheeks to flush red. She hid her head behind the Bulbasaur, ashamed. She did not want to be the snooty little kid that always was perfectly on time and rubbed it into other people's faces. She had just been unable to sleep and gone to the laboratory early, because she could not longer contain her nerves.

The young lady was dressed in jeans and an emerald sweater, having chosen for the colour of her preferred starter. Rumour went that this year, Bulbasaur was popular. It made her sad to think that she'd have to give the little darling to the late kid, especially after it had fallen asleep on her lap so adorably. She was already fond of the grass starter.

Pitmore likes this.
  4. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    His face fell as he took in his surroundings. Oaks lab was cool and organised, but he spotted a missing Pokéball, then a girl, then a...

Bulbasaur on her lap

He let loose an audible grown and toppled forward, similar to a tree
    "D'you have any spares?" He questioned, completely blocking the girl.
    "Spare Bulbasaurs?" Oak laughed "if I had spares, you would have been on your way ages ago! No, the breeding industry I'm sourcing them from is under heavy fire. You can chose any Pokémon left that you would like, including your little friend up there"
    The boy looked up to see a lemon yellow sphere, two black, beady eyes, a bulbous pink nose and a horn, practically touching his face.

The poor boy almost broke the windows with his shriek

5. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Despite her shame of being so early, the girl could not help a giggle when the guy groaned upon seeing her with the Bulbasaur. The rumours had been true, and so was the saying 'if you snooze, you lose'.Not meant unkindly, of course, but it was about their starter, after all. No minor thing.

Izzy stood up from the ground when Oak pointed at the other Pokémon. The other two balls were obviously the lively Squirtle and the playful Charmander. Both excellent Pokémon, but Izzy was sold to the Bulbasaur's happy grin. However, Oak mentioned another Pokémon. Expecting to see a Pikachu or something, she flinched when she saw a Weedle up on the shelf. The other guy was startled, too, since he shrieked like a girl (or worse).

"What's wrong with its colour, Professor? Did you bleach it?" The blonde asked.

6. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    "I-I I don't kno- unless... Oh my goodness it may be!" Oak stuttered as the boy seemed to be in an endless scream, physically blasting the Weedle with all its voicebox had to offer.
    "OH WILL YOU QUIETEN DOWN!!!" Oak bellowed. The Weedle fell off the boys head in surprise and the boys scream was cut out, yet his facial expression was the same, almost as if he'd been put on mute.

Oak hobbled quickly to a dusty drawer, the boy, by now had his face relatively under control but was stuck fast to the floor. He turned to Oak as the Professor searched through the folders, bringing out a yellow colour chart an hurried over to the Weedle. He gasped and stood up

"You, my boy are extremely lucky! You have met a shiney Pokémon! These are as rare as they get! You lucky boy! You get to train a shiney Weedle!

The boy didn't share Oaks enthusiasm...

7. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle winced and covered Bulbasaur's ears at the kid's endless screaming. Luckily, Oak hated it as much as Izzy did and bellowed for the kid to shut up. When all went quiet, she sighed in relief.

"Well, Bulba. Already a hectic first day, hm?"
    "Bulba!" was the answer.

"Excuse me, sir? Why do you call it shiny? I've heard of people calling them "alternately coloured", like how Pokémon that live in snowy areas turn white to blend with the surroundings, but shiny doesn't make a lot of sense. It's just yellow," she shrugged. "I've seen Magnemite that look shinier than this Weedle, when polished enough."

8. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    "See its fur, here? It releases a gleam after coming out of the Pokéball, it something to do with the light reflecting, and only a pokeballs light can manage this" Oak explained, looking suspiciously like a teacher. Well, he was a professor the boy thought.
    "Do I have to raise it?" The boy asked, keeping one eye on the Weedle at all times
    "Why wouldn't you???" Oak exclaimed "Some search their whole life for a shiny and never find it!"

The boy was thoughtful...

He sighed. A Weedle couldn't be that bad, right? He couldn't get poisoned, or stung, or ignored.... nah, a Beedrill would be fine!
    Fine!..

"OK, it can't be that bad! Right!"
    "Yes" Oak nodded very vigrously
    'The prof. must be a nice guy, after all, he could've just taken it out of my hands' the boy thought. Maybe it wouldn't harm trusting him, just this once...

"OK - I think I'll name him... Cameron!" The boy said, summoning the biggest and fakest smile he could muster

9. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle frowned at the kid. "You don't have to take it if you don't want to. Have a Squirtle. Shinies are not so special, aside from being mutations of their usual forms. Most of them aren't even desirable mutations. I don't see what the damn fuss is about."

Izzy was very suspicious of Oak forcing a kid to take a Pokémon like that. It was very unlike him. But Izzy didn't care that much. She had her Bulbasaur and that was all that mattered. The first Gym would be easy, too.

"Well, I'll be on my way. Thank you. professor, for Bulbasaur. Bulba, would you like to walk with me, or be in your ball?" Bulbasaur hopped off her lap onto the ground, scratching at the door. "Choice is made. See ya, Oak!" And then the blond haired girl left the laboratory.

10. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    The boy looked at the Weedle... The poor thing looked different, but not bad... maybe he'd been too judgemental... He looked at the Pokeballs on the desk, they were ok here. They'll be fine. And plus, maybe it'd help him...
    He saw the girl walk out.
    "Ok... What do I need?"

11. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Outside, Izzy was at her mother's to pack the last bit of stuff, like her running shoes and her Pokédex, kissed her mother on the cheek and left the house. She was planning to train some just outside of Pallet town, to get Bulbasaur some experience. She wanted Bulbasaur to have a Grass-type move before taking on the Pewter Gym. Brock's Pokémon should be weak to that.

12. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    The boy shrugged the rucksack onto his back with a flourish, it was much lighter than it looked, then again, he wasn't carrying much.
    "OK!" Oak exclaimed, spreading his hands out, palms up. "You're a Quick learner! you have the basics and know what to do! The only thing left is your Trainer Card!"
    Oak led the boy to a techy looking device, it seemed like it was a white wall with a couple of lines in it, dividing the machine into further segments, but as the boy closed in on it, a part of the wall was drawn up to reveal a screen, and a scanner was ejected by the boys waist. On the screen, there was a flashy introduction that showed a card in a vat of bubbling water. A Metallic voice rang out.
    " Please Place your Hand on the Scanner, and then Complete the Following questions by speaking them out loud, please pronunciation accurately"

Name:Joel Samson
    Date of Birth:4/5/2000
    Verified Professor:Professor Oak
    Region:Kanto

One moment the card was there, next moment, it was gone. A sound was heard and the water quickly drained. Joel found something under his hand, looking down, the Card almost magically appeared under his hand. It had a photo of him (quite photogenic, he must say) and all of his details put in. There were 6 white circles next to his face.
    "You Pass the Pokéball over the back of the Card and they register the Pokémon you will be using!" Oak announced. Joel flipped the card around and he saw a little scanner. He picked up the Weedle's Pokéball and swipe it under cautiously. The Card registered it instantly. A Weedle photographic appeared like it was stained with spilled watercolour.
    "You're ready!" Oak exclaimed, his voice laced with relief. "You'll need to head up to Veridian City first!" he said, gesturing out of the door and up to Route 1.

"Good luck!"

13. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Isabelle already had her trainer card, though hers required less fancy stuff. The Pokémon centre would keep it up to date automatically whenever she healed her Pokémon.

Route 1 wasn't very difficult at all. With a single Tackle, every Pokémon that was bothered by her and Bulbasaur would flee, so they made their way to Viridian City very easily after an hour or two of walking. There, Isabelle left Bulbasaur with Nurse Joy as she went to have lunch in the canteen. Eggs on toast and orange juice was just what she needed. When she was nearly done, Bulbasaur was returned to her, whom she fed tiny bits of egg and toast. Then it was time to head out to Viridian Forest. She'd have to spend the night there, but with Bulbasaur, she wasn't too worried. Rumour went that Pikachu could be caught in Viridian, so she hoped she could find one.

14. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Joel stared at the weedle.
    The weedle stared back.

"So... Uh..." he started, trying to strike up a conversation with a caterpillar "What do you do?"
    The weedle stared back.
    Joel was starting to feel uncomfortable... The weedle moves from his open palm slowly up his arm into his shoulder, where it draped it draped itself around Joel's neck, the stinger of its tail millimeters away from the afore-mentioned neck, the message was clear
    Move me, I dare you
    Feeling a fresh sweat break out across his brow, Joel stepped forward into the tall grass, asking all gods for forgiveness for all his sins.

The sad thing was, he was an atheist

15. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Because she was so ahead of the other, younger kid, she camped out in a nice, secluded corner of Viridian Forest. The Pokémon were less jumpy here, as if they have less experience with trainers constantly battling them. Here, she hoped to find a Pikachu.

At one point, she thought she saw one, but it was only a Beedrill flying by. Not the Pokémon she wished, so she did not bother it. With Bulbasaur sitting next to her, they rested, patiently.

Suddenly, Bulbasaur jumped up to her full, tiny height.

"What is it, Bulba?"

"Saur! Bulbasaur!"

A bit ahead, two tiny ears could be seen. They twitched rodently, unlike any Bug Pokémon in this forest.

"Go for it. Vine whip! Grab it tightly. Don't let it escape!'

Without hesitation, Bulbasaur whipped her vines out, grabbed the Pokémon and dragged it out of the grass. The yellow colour, red cheeks, and heart-shaped tail told Izzy what she needed to know.

"All right! Slam it to the ground and then Tackle it!"

Pikachu's electricity had little effect on Bulbasaur and so there was little the Electric Type could do. The moment it was dazed after the Tackle, Isabelle threw a Pokéball. It wiggled once, twice, three times, and caught! A Pikachu had joined their team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.