1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Music Purchasing music: digital or physical?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by guest, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
?

Digital purchase or CDs??

1. Digital!

14.3%
  2. CD!

71.4%
  3. No preference!

14.3%
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I've been having a bit of an issue finding CD copies of music I enjoy, be it singles or albums. Digital options are plentiful but personally I prefer having a physical copy to keep on a shelf (minor trust issues with digital-only purchases ehehe). The scarcity of music that I enjoy in my local music shops is pushing me towards it regardless however...

How about you guys though--do you prefer to buy your music digitally or to pick up a CD? Do you also have troubling finding the music you like or are CDs in abundance for you? It would be interesting to hear if anyone else is finding physical copies harder to come by!

2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I don't buy a whole lot of music. But I'll usually download whatever I want off iTunes, since a lot is readily available.

I like backing it up to the iCloud so that I can re download it right back into a new device for apple when I get it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I've heard that it's getting harder to find CDs, but where I live we have basically everything, so that's not an issue for me. I prefer having CDs mostly because our car doesn't have that fancy "phone-attaches-to-system" thing, and it'll only play the radio or CDs. I have bought plenty of digital music though, usually if I'm just picking a few songs from each album and buying them separately. I usually have this stuff saved on my iTunes account, laptop, and phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I prefer buying physical copies. Though, I usually just listen to video game soundtracks. X'D

5. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    All of my music purchases have been on physical media, whether it be CDs (new or used), or vinyl (LP and 45) and shellac (78) records, with all of my vinyl and shellac being bought at thrift and consignment stores.

6. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    thank goodness im not the only one that still buys cd's. however its proving to be a problem as the new car my mom bought doesnt have a cd player, just a bluetooth thing. gonna see if we can get a portable cd player thing for the car since i do /not/ want to transfer all my cd music to my ipod since i never listen to music on my ipod anyways. (yes its an ipod not an iphone) but.. i feel like cds are dying out sadly. seems like everythings digital nowadays. luckily the artists i listen to and like enough to buy cds for still put out cds. havent bought a cd in about a year or so though, i think the last one i bought was a 5sos cd lol. ah well.

im just glad to see im not alone in buying cds instead of itunes/online music. whenever i tell people i still buy cds they tend to look at me weird bleh

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i like physical copies that way i can hang on to them and listen to them in my car without having to flip through my phone.

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I haven't really bought a physical copy of music since..... well I was a kid and it wasn't me actually buying the thing. Ever since I was introduced to I Tunes all of the music I buy has been digital.