1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Questions for your resident Eagle Scout

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BraviaryScout, May 28, 2017.

1. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Are you willing to share a single idea, whether big or small, about something you put in, not from the games, in A Hui Hou, Ako'la Hu or however you spell/say it :/?

Lol

Favorite place to just sit down and think, freeing yourself from life's distractions and just sitting there, being calm?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,047.8
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Favorite Trainer class in the games?
    Favorite ability for a Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @BraviaryScout
    Is there something you used to collect that is considered 'weird'? (for example, I used to collect Pokémon TCG pack wrappers. I had some as old as FireRed/LeafGreen EX- which was what was out when I started to collect 'recent' packs instead of old loose cards)

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It’s A Hui Hou Kākou, K’ou Alola. Sure, I’ll share some details. Obviously for spoiler reasons I won’t on some stuff or maybe give an answer you’re not expecting to hear. What would you like to know?

My favorite place to sit and think? I’d probably say my room. It’s not quiet since I live right by a highway and airport, but it’s enough for me to think fairly clear.

Pokémon Ranger. That’s sort of the occupation I’d probably take if I were in the Pokémon world. Plus they’re usually enjoyable to battle with a diverse group of Pokémon and they seem to have an AI that’s up there with the rival characters and ace trainers.

Favorite Ability? Levitate. It’s so commonplace now that I think it’s often taken for granted. Ground type moves are powerful and having that immunity gives me a lot of reassurance that a ground type user won’t be able to cut through my entire team with earthquake alone.
    I collect knives. It was a hobby I started during my Boy Scout days when I used to show off all the different switchblades with our peers. Usually the coolest one was whoever had the best knife. A lot of those were the cheap “gas station” knives that can be bought for an affordable price, but crappy quality. I’ve actually reduced my collection with less of those and more along the lines of utility, sheath and such with high grade steel. I like SpyderCo and Emerson tactical the best.

I also collect beer glasses, usually with decal of a sports team which I’ve been to a game or a brewery which I’ve gone on a tour or visited

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @BraviaryScout My man! I bring some questions!

1) How was work been treating you these days?
    2) 1 thing you're looking forward to for the upcoming NFL season?
    3) If one piece of writing of yours could be turned into a movie with an unlimited budget, which would it be? Also, you can either direct it or star in it, which would it be?

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    Who is in your profile picture?

If you could pick any super power, what would it be?

Any ideas for a book or writing piece that you've never gotten around to starting?

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Have you ever played any horror games? You know, stuff like talking to the spirits and all?
    I don't think anyone should tho. What do you think about these creepy games?

8. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Work's been really good! I've been elevated to a trainer on some things so now I'm responsible for making others know how to do my job of sorts. Been taking advantage of the benefits and already gone to New Orleans and Washington DC. Probably going to hit either Lisbon, Portugal or Tokyo, Japan this September.

Other than fantasy football, I'm ready for my 49ers defense to tear it up. We had an epic offseason with the acquisition of Dee Ford, drafting Nick Bosa to go with Solomon Thomas & Deforest Buckner. Our pass rush squad is going to be nasty.

Oh this is a hard one! I'd probably go with A Hui Hou Kakou, K'ou Alola since it's arguably my longest fic to date and the one I've put the most effort into. I wouldn't make it into a movie though, rather a long TV or anime series since there's way too much to be condensed into a 90 minute-2hour long film.

I'd do both! I actually have a very brief self-insert cameo about halfway into the fic and I think it's great especially when the film directors have a tiny little role in the movies they do.

That's the arcstrider subclass of the Hunter Guardian from the Destiny series. Arcstrider's special ultimate ability is to summon a lightning staff to strike enemies and can dodge/weave enemy attacks with ease. My main character in the game is a hunter and I typically use the arcstrider when I play.

I'd pick the ability to possess the Infinity Gauntlet without any side or negative effects. Reality can be whatever I want :D

I had two of them.
    First up is a novelization of Destiny 2. I'm still busy with AHHK, so I don't know if I'll get to that.

Second one was with Pokémon. The concept would revolve around Pokémon that were abused/abandoned by trainers who deemed them too weak. Then the main character would find them and take them in for rigorous training to make them intensely strong and eventually give them a shot at revenge by beating the crap out of the original trainer.

The latter has a lot of flaws and Gary Stu tendencies, which has partially kept me from writing it and why I think it could very well end up as a big flop. It's still a fascinating idea that I'm still toying around with.

I played a couple. Not quite my genre, but Dead Space, Gears of War and Resident Evil are the most notable titles. I'm a huge Gears fan and Dead Space was pretty fun too.

Think about it this way.

Yes, it can be pretty terrifying and give nightmare fuel, especially when you play by yourself at night and then hear something else. You're all jumpy and then can't go to sleep.

What these types of games has taught me is to face my fears. You know they're there, but you don't progress if you don't go forward. All you can do is to expect everything to happen in anything.
    Plus, it helps you to overcome those kinds of fears too. And there's no better way to do it than to blast it to pieces with a 12 gauge shotgun!

Vigilance and Wizard like this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    What's your least favourite type of enemy to deal with in video games? Is it the long-range ones that get you from far away? The invincible chaser ones that force you to sneak through? The ones that hide when you're close and attack when you're far?

10. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    @BraviaryScout Hi bud! Hope you're well and you've been safe. Just wanted to check in with you and ask how COVID-19 has changed stuff for you? I remember you're in the airline industry and I'm super curious :)

11. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Whoops. It's been a while since I last checked this thread. Sorry about that!

I like a boss type of enemy the best when you're up with multiple friends and all have to do specific mechanics or things to increase damage or make it vulnerable to attack. Just something about good synched teamwork makes me happy.
    For rank-and-file enemies, I'd probably say close to medium range combat. I've always favored a fast, but resilient type of character.

Well hello to you sir. I hope you're staying well yourself!

• I've remained healthy, but a cousin of mine did end up testing positive for COVID19 back in March. She has fully recovered and has been healthy ever since.
    • The airline industry has been hit really hard. We (American Airlines) stopped all travel to Europe save for three flights to London. One from Dallas, Miami & Chicago each. About two thirds of the fleet are grounded and stored in mass areas in places like Pittsburgh, Tulsa and Charleston. We've also retired our longtime Boeing 767, 757 and A330 fleets, which were all set to be phased out of active service by the end of next year. This pandemic accelerated that and we run on a mix of Airbus A320 family, 737, 777 and 787 aircraft.
    • Our load factors were incredibly low in March through May. Masks are required to be worn onboard and there is no food or beverage service, you ask the FA if you want refreshments and they deliver you a sealed bag of cookies, pretzels and a bottle of water. Flights overseas to London, Tokyo and a couple other places still do inflight meals.
    • For me, Dallas-Fort Worth has actually remained quite busy. I'm on a four day ten hour schedule and remain occupied enough to come home exhausted every day. There are a number of employees throughout the airline who have been laid off or offered early retirement with pretty lucrative severance packages. So far, it's been a bit of a constant worry of mine that I may not have a job at the end of September. A lot of us are dreading that, so I'm often picking up extra hours to earn more money in case the worst ever happens.
    • Aircraft are not booked to capacity. It's quite difficult to travel as an employee with the flights getting fuller as the summer begins and so few flights. I'm set to see my folks out in California on Sunday, which will be the first time I've flown anywhere since January. It's also the longest period in which I haven't flown at all.
    • There is a bit of a silver lining; in July, we're set to pull another 150 narrowbody aircraft out of storage to resume service which means that more flights will gradually be added.

Vigilance likes this.
  12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    @BraviaryScout

What's one thing besides writing that you've found more time to do as of late? What's one thing that you want to find more time to do?

13. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Judging by your username, you're a Scout, correct? Then you should know the answer to this question (I've been dying to know ever since I heard it): 'How long does it take to beat a moron to death?'

14. Dwight

Dwight School Kid

Red Boi
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.9
    What is your favorite music from any Pokémon game?

Also, I am a fellow Eagle Scout! Nice to meet you!

15. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    I've had more time as of late to commute. Traffic in the new spot I moved as almost double the time it takes to go to and from work.

Be able to explore the city. I moved yet again for a promotion and it's been such a rush to get reacclimatized to work that I know next to nothing about the place I live.

As long as it takes for me to develop that shaaap Boston accent.

Greetings fellow Eagle! Best music has to be Penny's theme from SV. A team of six eeveelutions has no reason to go that hard and the best part is that the theme is canon thanks to Giacomo.

16. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    What's the thing you do to boost your morale when you feel low?

17. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    I've been taught to push through or break the day down into something manageable. There's always gonna be tomorrow until it's the day I die, so if I can make it to that tomorrow, I'll have made it through and can start anew the next day.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Thoughts on Braviary -- both Unovan and Hisuian?

19. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Best vacation you've ever had?