1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Quick Topic - Words to Live By

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tepig, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    The title says it all. What will you type down?

For me, it'd probably be:
    "There comes a time where one has to make a choice. Either combat their problems, and have a chance of overcoming, or run and allow them to manifest inside their soul."

2. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    one of my personal favourites is a quote from Red vs Blue:

"Its not about hating the guy on the other side because someone told you to. You should hate someone because they're an asshole, or a pervert, or snob, or they're lazy, or arrogant or an idiot or know-it-all. Those are reasons to dislike somebody. You don't hate a person because someone told you to. You have to learn to despise people on a personal level. Not because they're Red, or because they're Blue, but because you know them, and you see them every single day, and you can't stand them because they're a complete and total fucking douchebag."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    If you do not go after go after what you want, you will never have it. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place. If you do not believe, you will always fail.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Life is too short to be angry." with angry being replaceable by whatever mindset I don't want to be in, or don't want other people to be in.

I'm in the process of picking up a new motto. I've never seen Gone With The Wind, but I'm this -- close adopting "Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

Both of these mostly have the same meaning. I only have (quite frankly) so many damns to give, and I'm probably not going to waste one on you. Most people don't matter enough to me that I'm going to waste my health and peace of mind on them. If you do something that should make me angry, but I don't get angry, it's not because I like you and want to protect your feelings; it's because I don't care enough about you to bother getting angry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Most all hate, strife, fear, conflict and wars steams from misunderstandings. If you remember that we're all born on this earth all the same, and take the time to understand the other, you might not stop hating them, but you can control your hate.

Also another one, I never deal in absolutes.

6. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    We all die twice. Our first death is physical, when we finally leave the land of the living. The second death is when your name is spoken for the last time and memory of you fades. Strive to live a life where you never have to fear dying twice.

7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    So basically the opposite of politics.

Anyway I live by my signature. Also about fifty other quotes that I can spontaneously use if the situation arises.