1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Quoth the Honchkrow, Nevermore

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by BZRich64, Oct 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    The illustrious but illusive writer Edgar Allan Honchkrow has just flown into Lake Valor for a fall vacation, claiming to be suffering from a bought of writers block. In order to help him out, I've volunteered to collect short stories from the members of LV to help reignite his creative spark. To sweeten the deal, Edgar and the Mod Crew will be working together to give prizes to the stories he likes best.
    Rules
    • All submissions must be posted in this thread.
    • Any genre of horror is acceptable.
    • All stories must be between 500 and 1500 words in length.
    • Stories must follow general Lake Valor's general rules and guidelines (no NSFW or offensive content, keep blood and gore to a minimum).
    • Absolutely no plagiarism. Anyone caught plagiarizing will be immediately disqualified.
    Prizes
    1st Place: 300 PP + Oktoberfest Winner's Medal '20
    2nd Place: 200 PP + Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20
    3rd Place: 100 PP + Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20
    Participation: Oktoberfest Participants Medal '20

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Oh, this is my JAM. Are there any specific guidelines for genre? And can we just submit them here on this thread?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Whoops, I guess I forgot a few important details. All stories must be horror, but other than that anything goes as long as it doesn't break LV's general rules. And submissions must be placed in this thread. Thank you for pointing out that I forgot to include this information, which I have no added to my initial post.

4. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Oh, one more question, is there a deadline?

5. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    All Oktoberfest events end at the end of the month, unless otherwise stated.

6. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Two questions for me.

One, where can one go to publish said stories?
    And two, is it only one story per user, or can we publish multiple stories if we want?

PoserPanda likes this.
  7. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    For your first questions, you have to submit the story here for it to count for the event, but can do whatever you want with it after that (it's your story, after all).
    And for your second question, only one story will count for the event but you can edit or outright replace that story as much as you want until the event ends at the end of the month.

8. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    It is at night. The wind is howling, and the birds are sleeping. A little girl is running through the street. “I should have not done that! I should have not done that!” the girl is horrified, with tears in her eyes. She is running away from people, no, not people. She is running from something, something unnatural.

What is she running from? Well, this has to go back a few days ago, the day when the world is still peaceful. The girl lived with her friend. They shared a house and the friend of hers does all the outside work, the breadwinner if you say, and the girl does all the dirty work in the house.

One day, the girl thought of something supposed to be funny. A little prank on her friend. She knew that her friend needs to take in medicine to have a good rest at night. So, she thought it would be funny to hide them and see what happens. Yet, little did she knows, her little prank opened the gate to an endless nightmare.

The same day at night, the boy (the girl’s friend) tried to sleep. Although he did not take his medicine, he still able to sleep. Yet, something is different.

The supposed to be asleep boy slowly “waked up”. He got off the bed and wandered off, leaving the house. Later, he went back to the house, lying on his bed.

The next day, the boy still tried to find where the medicine goes, but still cannot find it. He left the house to go to work. He found that the city he lived in had gone a bit deserted. Not that he minded, but found it weird. How could a village become deserted this suddenly?

The same night, the boy went to sleep without taking his pills. He wakes up again, a different aura surrounded him. He left the house again.

On the street, he walked past a few houses and went into a house that has its door left wide open. After a minute, he left, with blood all over his body. The above process repeated three more times before he returned home. “So many things to do. Yet, so little time.”

The girl was wondering one thing. Why is he still does not ask her where the pills are hidden? “Should tell him?” She thought, but she quickly shook her head. “NO. Who pranks people and tell them. No one.” Then, she decided to have a walk in the village.

Unlike yesterday, it was as populated as usual. Like nothing happened before. Some people were still dancing in the park. The girl, with nothing to do, decided to join the dance. The song they danced to was catchy and fun and kind of hypnotic.

While dancing, the girl noticed something different. The people she danced with danced for a very long time. As she had danced for three hours straight and felt tired, but her dance mates? They still kept dancing. It’s like they have unlimited stamina. So, she tried to run.

But she realized something off. The direction she was running was towards her house, but she somehow ran to her friend’s workplace.

Suddenly, a huge roar came out within the office. The girl was too scared to go check and ran off, back to her house.

The next day, the girl found something off, really off when she waked up. The sky is blood-red. There was nothing but silence. No living being expect her is around. The street is full of blood and the walls of the houses are painted with the blood of the dead. She walks through the street terrified.

Suddenly, some scream can be heard in the distance. She slowly walked towards the source and found something terrible and horrifying: Her friend is killing a lady.

The boy looked at the girl. And all of a sudden rushes towards her. The girl acted quickly and also ran away.

It is at night. The wind is howling, and the birds are sleeping. The girl is running away from something. “I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry!” “I should have not done that! I should have not done that!” Saying the above words. With tears in her eyes, she does not dare to stop as if she does, those things will be caught up to her.

Yet, she failed to escape. Around a corner, a humanoid monster suddenly came out and hugged her. Her friend caught up to her and killed….

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified, hugging herself. “What?” She looked out of the window. The sky is blood-red. The street is painted with the blood of the dead. Pools of blood flooded the village. Without her realizing, a monster jumped into the house through the window. Pinning her on the ground……

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified, hugging herself. “Was that all just a dream? But it is so realistic.” The girl looked outside the window. The sky is blood-red. The street is painted with the blood of the dead. Pools of blood flooded the village. She tried to leave but…

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified, hugging herself. “What?” The girl looked outside the window. The sky is blood-red. The street is painted with the blood of the dead. Pools of blood flooded th……

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified, hugging herself. “Was that all just a dream? But it is so realistic.” The girl looked outside the window……

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified, hugging herself. “Was that all just a dream?” ……

“Ah!” The girl waked up terrified……

“Ah!” ……

The endless nightmare continues. She trapped inside a hell she created herself with no way of escaping. All she did is just a little harmless prank. So, sleep tight, and hide. As this will be a long dream, that she will never wake up from.
    Tried to create a scary atmosphere and I don't think I did a great job. As I am not the kind of writer who writes horror-related stories.
    I got this idea from a series of songs from the Vocaloid genre. They are all in Chinese but it is very good. So, I decided to make it into a short story. Hope you liked it.

9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Okay, I gonna give it a try sometime and shall edit this post

10. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    All I’ve ever wanted is to make friends. Every day I see how all of the other Pokémon laugh and play together. But I’ve only ever been able to watch them from a distance in the shadows. I’ve tried reaching out to them. I’ve tried joining in their games. But I’ve always been turned away, looked at with disgust and fear.

It’s not fair. There’s nothing wrong with me. I may not be the cutest or the coolest Pokémon out there, but that doesn’t mean that they had to shun me like that. No matter what I tried or what I said, they always looked at me with that same look. No one would ever even give me the time of day if I asked.

They never treated each other Pokémon as poorly as they did me. Even when strange Pokémon they’ve never seen before come from far off lands, the others would treat them like old friends. All of the Pokémon get along so well, except me. But the most popular of them was Pikachu. Everyone loved Pikachu.

That’s why one day, I decided to try something new. If everyone hated me and loved Pikachu, then I should just be more like Pikachu! It seemed so simple that I was surprised the idea had never occurred to me before then and I set out at once. From the shadows that I had been shunned to, I collected all the scraps I could salvage to make myself a costume.

My first attempt wasn’t very good. It didn’t really look all that much like him and I knew that people would hate me even more if they saw it, so I ended up having to scrap it and start again. I had to think a bit out of the box this time, but with a little ingenuity and creative thinking, I was able to make the perfect costume. As I stared at my reflection on the moonlit water’s surface, even I couldn’t tell that I wasn’t looking at the real Pikachu! Sure, I had to carve some eyeholes on the stomach and leave the head stuffed because I was so short, but I doubt anyone would notice those small details until they were ready to finally accept me as one of their own. That was when I rushed back to my corner and waited for morning, when the other Pokémon would arrive and I could show them my work. I didn’t think that there could be any way that my plan could fail.

As the dawn’s light reflected off the surface of the lake where everyone always gathered to hang out together. It wasn’t long before everyone arrived and started to play, which is when I stepped out for everyone to see. I was so excited to finally be allowed to play with the others! So happy that I would no longer be alone!

Alteria was the closest to me, so I ran up to her excitedly and said hello. She took one look at me and screamed before flying off, drawing attention from the others. I was so shocked by what had happened that it took me a moment to realize that everyone looked at me the same way they always did. No, their expressions were somehow even worse. They seemed even more horrified of me than normal and I just couldn’t understand why.

Some of the others began to flee as well, while others were up in arms. Obstagoon threw a rock at me, striking the head of my costume and knocking it over. I had spent so much time and effort into making that costume and now it was ruined. All I had to show for my work were the damaged remains and the stickiness in my fur that had leaked out from it without my noticing.

This was my last chance to finally make friends and I had somehow done something to make everything worse instead. All I could do was stand there and cry, even as more Pokémon began to attack me. Tyrunt charged at me and shoved me into a rock, causing what was left of my costume to make a sickening scrunch. This was the last straw for me, as my sorrow turned to hatred. They were all hitting me for no reason, so I had to hit them back. I was so blinded with fury as I attacked everyone that I had wanted to be friends with that I didn’t even realize what I was doing until it was too late.

By the time I had regained my senses, I was alone again at the edge of the water. I stared down at my reflection, at the tattered remains of the costume I had put so much effort into making. It was nothing now. It barely even looked like Pikachu at this point, even if his eyes were still there, staring at me, mocking me. I threw the costume into the water in frustration and began to cry again, utterly defeated. I was now drenched in the sticky stuffing from the costume, my dark fur stained red, while the smell started to overwhelm me. I hated it. I hated everything. I was done trying to make friends. If all of the other Pokémon were going to be that mean to me, then I was going to be mean right back to them.

I started to laugh, then, as I watched what was left of my costume sink further into the lake. I laughed, as I saw the reflection of a stranger I had never seen before come up behind me. Laughed, as the stranger held up an odd stone. Cried, as I suddenly found myself being pulled away from the water and into the stone. Everything faded to black as I suddenly found myself drifting off to sleep.

I don’t know how long I slept, but I eventually woke up to find myself trapped in that odd stone the stranger held. I can’t leave this spot, placed along the shore in a place no one ever visits. I am now more alone than I have ever been but I no longer want friends. It’s been like this for a very long time now and I’ve had nothing to do but reflect on everything that happened. I realize now, what I hadn’t back then. Of course, no one was going to like my costume. I had made it out of their friend. But it wasn’t my fault! They pushed me into doing it. Everything was their fault! The other Pokémon, and that stranger that trapped me here! I’ve had a long time to think about what they’ve done to me. I no longer want friends. Now all I want is revenge, and all I feel is hatred. And someday, I’ll finally be free to get my revenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.