1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Raaaaaage Quit!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Absolute Zero, Mar 22, 2016.

1. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I never raged quit because I'm usually very calm and relaxed especially when playing video games

2. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    You must be a saint. I get angry almost every time I play Overwatch and I had to quit Splatoon all together because I got so mad playing it everytime it sucked all the fun out of it for me...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am not a real rage quitter but I have been known to snap and be angry if everything works against me, but I just keep on playing if I am in a versus game. Alone I do have the habit of just laying the device down and just doing something different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MoonLightOwl25

MoonLightOwl25 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    well if I ever get to a certain level that's too hard for me I would get very stressed out inside and just give up though

5. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I don't usually get angry at games ( unlike my dad, who got really mad when i beat him at smash 3 times in a row ), however i do often hit my head against a wall when i'm stuck on a game. i don't know why, it just feels right. i may need help.

6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Hanzo's in Overwatch Competitive Play give me le sads.
    Low level Hanzo's in competitive play who keep spamming arrows from the same vantage point on Dorado map give me MUCH SADS ffffssss.

Uh. Lesseeeee. P. much overwatch is making me ragequit like hardcore recently.
    Hate when low-level players spawn kill ya.
    Or Tracer players whose primary goal is to annoy.

But yeh. Spawn-killing is my numero uno rage-y pagey thing atm. Like jeez ya jerks, at least lemme take five paces outside the door before you bring the hurt.
    On the other hand, though, I do so loooove when my team eventually cracks such an aggressive offence and you start to see the enemy team switching characters like crazy because they're about to lose the match lol.

7. MegaMewTwo

MegaMewTwo Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.6
    I never been one to really Rage Quit.
    I will usually take my beatings like a man on really any video game alive.
    But there are times where I get annoyed and interrupted by irl situations when I am participating in a game to the extent where I just either Quit/Save the game or Just Pause it and wait till these distractions have over passed or just tell people to leave me alone in peace! Lol

8. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    One time years ago Soul Calibur 2 caused me to throw a Wavebird controller across a room and dent a wall and not touch the game for many months because my favorite character was so incredibly unwieldy to me despite sinking in a good amount of time.

Maybe I just kinda suck at fighting games, I dunno.

9. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I won't sit here and say I don't get upset to the games I play once in a while. I get upset when I play poorly in Smash and/or Pokémon, as I do play those two on a competitive basis, but more often than not, I just take the loss as a way of learning my weakness/my team/my character's weaknesses, and try to get better at them.

Mario Party without friends, on the other hand.......

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  10. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'm pretty similar to @[member="MoonLightOwl25"] on this here. I don't usually get too upset over any game unless I've been stuck on one part for over a month or I'm a victim of terrible RNG rolls (I'm looking at you, randbats on PS...)

11. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I only really get upset when I play Smash poorly on FG and even then that is rare. I keep forgetting that it isn't official tourney rules and it's FG where the stage is just FD all the time. If I were playing on Battlefield things might get a little difficult.

I also remember this one time when I was at Pokémon nationals playing Pokken Tournament and this guy had never played the game in his life. I reach my hand out to shake his hand and he was like "I don't need help plugging my controller in" and I was like "Dude...it's a handshake." He shook my hand and I won both games and I my hand over to say good game. He shook it and said "Whatever." and walked out of the room, dropped the controller and his plushie (he did pick it back up of course). Probably one of the most awkward handshakes I have ever had.

12. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    After losing 3 games of LoL in a row, i'm definitely tilted, but never to the point of rage quitting. I just step back for 10 minutes & then resume. only after i lose another game after that i rage quit & am done for the day

13. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I used to be a trophy hunter, so I have a lot of tolerance for games screwing with me...usually. If I rage quit, it tends to be for a few days, and it's always due to the same things: unfair RNG, irritating minigames, or curveball bosses. I don't mind struggling, or grinding. But I do mind being randomly kicked where it hurts. I ragequit Demon's Souls for nearly five years because of Flamelurker, and I had several ragequit moments in FFX HD because of the minigames.

Play fair, and I don't mind. But when things get random I tend to lose my cool pretty quick.

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Update, as of late I don't seem to rage quit anymore. Either I have gained a much thicker skin than I used to have or I just plain have a LOT more patience with stuff than I used to. I used to get ragey when I was younger at times but now I just don't get to that point very much if at all. In some ways, rage quiting is a natural reaction because to much frustration can make you overload. I find no benefit to it whatsoever, but it can happen to anyone if you apply enough cheapness and frustrating pressure to a person. The best way to prevent it is to know your limits and know when to walk away. It's not worht damage or harm, just walk it off.

15. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I rage-quit Pokémon White 2. I beat Drayden, Ghetsis, and Marlin in one sitting, forgot to save, and the power ran out. It took about 3 hours to do that, so I never really finished the game. I gave the cartridge to my brother and played Black until X and Y came out.

16. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I rage quit, not because the game gets tough, it's due to my companions I'm playing with. Past couple of months, I've delved into an MMO known as Elder Scrolls Online (hence my absence on the forums-- Well, that and school and working in the lab), and I typically main a healer. As you've probably guessed it, a healer's job is to keep everyone alive. It's typically a pretty easy and fun job as long as your team isn't a group of idiots. But sometimes, you get the idiots.

The idiots are the ones who stand in a boss's swing path or the AoE (AoE meaning Area of Effect: Sometimes bosses can rain hell in a giant ass circle of death and such) and insta-die or take massive damage. Of course, this often results in the DPS (Damage Per Second player) or tank screaming at the healer for not healing them, when the actual case is that they did not pay attention to their surroundings. It's utterly infuriating :)

To retaliate, I respond by not healing them at all until they decide not to be jerks :)

17. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Okay, so I never usually rage quit. However, there have been times when I get so frustrated trying to do a particular task that I just get up and walk away, hoping to calm down.

Case in point: There is an achievement in Super Smash Bros for Wii U where you need to complete True All-Star Mode on Hard using Duck Hunt. The closest I have ever gotten was getting to the next to last stage, only to get pulverized by Samus' Charge Blast. When that happened, I just got up and left, not playing it again for over two days because I was so upset. I still haven't gotten that achievement yet.

18. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I don't rage quit usually but there was this one time in Yugioh where someone rage quit on me and it was actually very funny. I was streaming and someone said to me you should run an exodia deck in unlimited. So I went into unlimited and the usual personality of an exodia player is to say nothing try to go first and wait for your opponent to rage. So I went first and as I start playing cards to let me draw my opponent just said "Are you fing kidding me? Are you playing Exodia? ARE YOU PLAYING EXODIA?? You are have fun playing with yourself jerk!" Then he quit funnily enough I was just laughing really hard in the stream because those reactions are priceless until I got to exodia and just said "You left but I win."

19. Tmo

Tmo Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.9
    I don't rage quit ever, the most I've done is meme quit on my friend in Street Fighter V, basically just making fun of how people rage quit and pretended to be salty.

My friends on the other hand..... they get every kind of rage and tilted imaginable. CS:GO - wrong map or they got insta-killed, INSTA tilt, it can be anything, even something in real life. They just tilt and get angry and I just can not understand why. I just simply can not get angry at a game.

20. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    (WARNING! MASSIVE spoilers for Kirby: Planet Robobot ahead!) i ragequit once or twice while trying to beat Kirby: Planet Robobot's True Arena, a mode where you fight all the harder versions of bosses from the sub-game, Meta Knightmare Returns. i did horribly against Galacta Knight (Yes, he is the final boss of Meta Knightmare) and was not prepared at all for the true final boss. it turns out that the final boss has FOUR total phases! and i also found out before fighting it that the last phase had some last-ditch insta-kill shockwaves as a sneaky trick at the end! i did end up defeating that boss, and it was soooo relieving after that! :)