1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Raaaaaage Quit!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Absolute Zero, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Me and my brother had been playing Lego Jurassic World a few years ago. We had about 75% of it completed. One day we turned it on and it said our save file was corrupted. I was really mad at this since we never did anything to the disk or our Wii U for thatvto happen. Also it took us forever to get that far. We just gave up trying to work our way back to where we where since we had to go through the entire story again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remember playing my cousin's wife's copy of Crystal. I got pretty far, too; I remember battling Silver at Mt. Moon with a Feraligatr. But soon after that, [SAVE FILE CORRUPTED]. Crap. I never played it again; although I played it again through an emulator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I can't begin to tell you how many times I've ragequit over something I can't seem to do right in any video game. It's one of the reasons why I've thought off and on that video games are rigged even on an 'easy' difficulty setting.

4. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I only rage quit whenever the save file fails. Especially if I'm far into the game. I had this happen to this really old version of Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly. Not sure if the save file was corrupted or if the was just really old and scratched. I mean, the game still works even though it's really laggy and most of the area isn't even loaded so you can't see anything besides Spyro. It's just every time I try to load of save file it soft locks the loading screen forever. To this day I still never won it (mainly because it's so scratched up that the enemies never move anymore and all the voices keep getting played and repeated over the background music that constantly dies and glitches out. Still better than the original game.)

5. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Favourite Rage, Quit at Counter Strike 1.6 - Skype at the same time (going to use English):

Me: Tommy, try getting cover at that box or you will be headshotted!!
    Tommy: Nonono, I am going to take cover here and wait for him to... (gets one-shotted by a sniper) (insults)
    Me: Told ya! There was another sniper, why you didn't pay attention?
    Tommy: Are you (insert insults). kidding me? That (insults) was pointing to the other area you (insults). I am getting the (insulst) out of here (disconects)
    Me: Are you mad? Do you..? (notices that Tommy left the game and Skype) Me> hahahahaha xD!

I laughed soooo much...He died on the most obvious ways that day and finally exploded and left the game. Got an score like (K/D) = 4/13

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    My brother broke our shared nintendo ds cause we couldn't defeat a legendary Pokémon and catch it. I think it was one of the Pokémon HG/SS trio Pokémon. But i dont remember which one. R.I.P Nintendo Ds Lite you shall be remembered.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I actually haven't rage quit in a while. Probably because I haven't really played games where I rage at the game.

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This wasn't an incident of quitting per se, but there was one moment in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages where the puzzle in question was extremely frustrating to complete. It's the last room in the Hero's Cave bonus dungeon (when in a linked game), and the puzzle itself basically requires frame-perfect precision; you have to shoot seeds past a bunch of mummies to hit a certain switch, while you're travelling back and forth in a mine cart. Most of it is just luck that the enemies won't obstruct your view. It was the very first time that I actually used a save state for the purposes of save scumming. It was that frustrating.

There's also the first Legend of Zelda game, but that's hard and annoying for entirely different reasons. I want to like that game, but there are just certain enemies (blue Dark Nuts, blue Wizzrobes, red bubbles in the Hero's Quest that are the literal spawn of Satan) that really negatively influence my enjoyment of the game, largely because when those things come into view, it's just not fun. This is why I set the game down for months when I was deep in Level 9 because I kept getting lost, and the one time I actually found Ganon he killed me easily.

At this point, I do want to finish the Hero's Quest of Zelda 1 just to say that I did it (I'm at the start of level 6 right now), but after that I never want to look at that game ever again.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    In a playthrough of EarthBound.
    SPOILERS FOR EARTHBOUND BELOW.
    In the Master Belch fight, I had brought Fly Honey with me, but forgot to use it. I was all out of offensive items and was probably going to die. He summoned three Slimy Little Piles, and from there, I was just kinda going to die. Then I opened up Ness's inventory. The Fly Honey was just laughing at me from there. I ragequit. Thank the lords that I was using an online emulator and had saved not too far away, only near the beginning of the level. But still!

10. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Currently, I do find myself rage quitting every day in Donkey Kong Country Returns. These K-levels are just madness, especially if you play them 100%. Also, I always find myself dying near the end of the level, which isn't that great.

11. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I don't exactly "rage quit" but I guess the closest thing to it is my current Megaman Zero playthrough cause that game is so hard. lol Anyway, I usually just put the game down before I get to that point and then come back later when I feel better and is ready to try again.
    But I made one of my friends try to play and he ragequitted after trying to play it for thirty minutes and then later saying that the reason that he wasn't playing it anymore was that the game wasn't "interesting enough." Later he then asked if he could download my copy of Cuphead...which is basically the same type of game, imo...I was a bit salty about that...

12. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve never actually rage quit, but I have had to step away from games when I got stuck doing certain missions or puzzles.

13. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The only game I can think of raging and trying again in a couple of days is.... Geometry Dash... aka a fun mobile game that seems easy at first then suddenly gets very difficult all of the sudden. I really like the game and I am pretty good at it but....the feeling when you keep trying and think your doing well then you look at how far you have gotten on the course and amount of attempts and.....the attempts are a lot bigger then the percentage of course beaten. Now if we are talking about smash rage quitting, I don't do that. although sometimes I have made my brother quit because I either kill him with an items 5 times over or just destroy him with skill/luck.

going back to geometry dash I've never broken anything ever from rage quit I've just had to step away sometimes and play something else to get my mind off of it.

14. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Five words: Pokémon Showdown random team battle

15. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I get very salty when I’m playing smash 4 or battle tree in Sun, after a while if I keep losing I rage quit. I even rage quit when I was playing m o n o p o l y with my sisters and my friend because I was running low on money and I kept having to pay them

#55 Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    2 words: Surprise Deviljho

I am terrified of Deviljho, I'm not strong enough to take it on, yet it's appeared in 3 different missions I've done/tried to do..

17. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    One more thing has been happening to me recently. Dunno if you would consider this rage quitting or not, but here's what's been going on. I'm playing an english patch of Fire Emblem 12: Heroes of Shadow and Light on emulator. Decided to play it on Hard Mode since I'm used to the series at this point. Now, I've had to restart multiple times on a few chapters due to me being an idiot or risking a move and it not paying off, causing me to lose units. That's not the ragequit part though.

Now I usually save state before the beginning of a chapter (I don't do it mid-battle though cuz that feels cheaty if you can't do it normally). However, 3 times so far, when I beat a chapter and go to save state it to make sure, I accidently LOAD it instead. Bam. Now I have to start a chapter that I completed over. It's always my fault cuz again, I was an idiot, but every time that happens I'm just like ".....that's enough FE for today." and stop playing.

18. smol kirboi

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽101.5
    i ragequit the undertale sans boss fight only about 20 times, pacifist is MUCH easier!!