1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rad’s Random Doodles

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by RadEmpoleon, Nov 12, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Here’s just a page of miscellaneous doodles and stuff.

58D78AC4-60BE-453B-8BD6-FC064D47D037.jpeg
    So I did an open house thing for band where we would perform for potential new students. We did it a few times and there was down time between each little performance. So I went with some friends into the art room and we doodled. And as you can see, I drew a Mimikyu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy and LassusVulpes like this.
  2. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Thread revival!
    F5056E4B-3DE4-47C3-A555-26E1495A6B16.png I may or may not have an obsession over Piers at the moment... anyway I wanted to draw him and my friend said to draw him in chibi style so I did! I hope I can draw him again in a different (realistic) style.
    Post edited because I tweaked some things in the original drawing.

#2 Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I'd love to see Serena's chibi cuz that's really cute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Piers is the best gym leader. I love him!

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  5. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    I drew another thing
    91956C50-B586-4AFC-B795-A2CB4B65EDFA.jpeg it’s funny how this compared to my last Piers are 2 completely different styles. I started this Thursday (I think) and finished it this morning. I based it off this picture:
    31491BA4-3462-4E22-A201-FA9854C9269C.jpeg
    I was drawing in my first period class yesterday and after struggling to draw the face for a while, I finally got it and I thought “oh yeah it’s all coming together”. I was so happy for the rest of the day, and I actually fell asleep while drawing lol. I’m a little sad the shading is hard to see, but that’s just my style of shading I guess. It took me over an hour to shade all the hair.

Riddles likes this.
  6. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Black line removal!
    34FC7F9D-A4A7-4AE5-802A-376487E44C0E.png I had to fix almost all of the shading because it was hard to see without the outlines. I think this one looks significantly better than the original. This took almost all of today, but I sadly deleted all the changes I made today, so I’m really upset... of course, I have the finished product, but I can’t access, tweak, or recover any of the new edits I spent almost my ENTIRE day on when I should’ve been doing homework.

7. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    So I tried to restore the drawing. It took longer than I wanted it to because I also had school work to do, and *tried* to prioritize it over the drawing. (I finished it this past Friday but forgot to post it.)
    BE5C8CCE-B075-4CDF-910D-F5073DABB8E6.png You can’t really tell any difference between the two unless you compared them side by side (or you’re the artist who knows exactly where the differences are), but I think this one overall is shaded much better. I think the shading on the hair is better in the original, but everything else in this one is better than the original.

Also I’d like to apologize for only posting Piers drawings... sorry I love him too much. I’m almost done with another one of him, then I plan to draw that from a different angle. Then I’ll finally be drawing someone else (my second favorite SwSh character).

8. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    [​IMG] Meant to post this on Friday (when I finished it) but it wasn’t working for some reason. Yet another Piers, who would’ve guessed. I’m working on one more drawing of him (this same drawing but from the front, idk if I want to post it) then I’m drawing someone else. (I’m sure y’all are sick of seeing him anyway)

But yeah, this one was experimental with the first time for having a background that isn’t solid white or off-white. I decided to do that halfway through shading, but it was too late by that time. I had to go back over all my previous shading and add pinks and purples because of the spotlights. For the spotlights, I used a glow brush in purple and pink and just drew an oval, it’s that simple. I originally wanted to draw him from the back because I wanted to draw the skulls on his shoes, but they actually gave me a hard time, the angle was weird. Then I had the “brilliant” (and weird) idea of drawing him without a shirt (idk why, but I did). Shading the back (and another part) was really awkward...

9. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Ok, I swear this is the last Piers drawing (for a while, at least).
    [​IMG]
    So this is basically the last drawing, but from the front. I’m actually a little embarrassed to be posting this... more on that below...
    I picked pinker toned colors because I liked the way the last one turned out with the colored lights. (I still had to go over everything with a light pink at the end, though.) I actually started the sketch for this by mirroring the sketch on the last drawing because I’m lazy. I didn’t realize with the last drawing that it was such a stiff and static pose that I had to try to make a less stiff pose by bending the knees and right arm. I think it still looks a little stiff, but not as much.
    The shading... oh boy, that was... interesting. (The whole chest part was all shading.) Uhh... believe it or not, I’ve never drawn a shirtless guy, so that was way outside my comfort zone. But that’s why I drew it- I was trying to get out of my drawing comfort zone. (Also a friend dared me to draw the last drawing from the front and I was like bet imma do it) It was very awkward to shade, way more than the last drawing. It felt weird to draw the hip bones and the ribs and stuff... ahhh just explaining it is embarrassing. But I hope the chest looks anatomically correct.
    My 2 favorite parts of this are the eyes and the background. The bluish green eye turned out nicely, and it really made my day when I finished it. It’s so simple, but it looks so good. And the background is so crazy. Compared to the background in the last drawings, this one is intricate. Again, I used the glow tools for the glowing lights. I added some subtle shading to the background, with the top corners and the bottom darker and lighter around the glowing lights. Again, it’s subtle, but I think it adds so much more dimension to the otherwise solid colored background.
    Critiques? I think there may be some issues with the proportions. (Yes, I know the feet are too small, I couldn’t fix them.) I still think the pose is not as interesting as it could’ve been, but I tried to make it less stiff. I didn’t include some details, like the skulls on the shoes, the choker, and the “061” and Team Yell symbol on the shorts, but I did this purposefully because I thought it would clutter up the drawing, or it just wouldn’t be seen very much/at all. (Also I just didn’t want to draw the 061 and Team Yell symbol.) I just realized I forgot the lines on the jacket too, but that’s not that big of a detail. The shading on some parts is bad (mostly the jacket).

Anyway, that’s my fat analysis of my drawing. Not gonna lie, I am a little embarrassed to be posting this... it’s not because it’s poorly drawn or anything, it’s just that I don’t normally draw things as inappropriate or suggestive as this, so it seems odd for me to be showing this as something I created. (Yes, I know that a shirtless guy isn’t the most inappropriate thing to draw, but compared to everything else I’ve drawn, it is.) I think some of the embarrassment comes from me just being an awkward person, or other reasons I can’t explain... Does this make any sense? Or am I just being confusing?

Next is finally someone else (no spoilers!)

#9 Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  10. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Just a quick little drawing of my second favorite character from SwSh!
    BEB02F29-315A-4CB0-B969-167245FDFA2A.png
    Yep, Allister is my second favorite, he is bby. (He was my favorite, until the Piers obsession took over...)
    Since my last drawings were big projects, I wanted to do something simple. I kept the outlines (I think it makes the picture look cuter), and used much less shading than the previous drawings. I wanted to draw him without his mask, even though it would’ve been much easier to not draw the face. My favorite part? Idk if I could pick just one thing I like the most. It’s too cute!

11. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Another digital drawing- this time of Nessa!
    8FE63E03-3C3C-4DD1-B884-4ED10CFCDA2C.png
    Here’s Nessa! She has a very detailed design and she took a few days to sketch, outline, and shade. I took a few creative liberties with the design. I left out some of the symbols on her outfit, and made the top styled after a halter top instead of a tank top.
    I’m not really thrilled with how she turned out... there were some things I couldn’t fix. For one, the perspective was so hard to draw and I don’t think it looks good at some parts. I wanted the hand to be flatter, but I thought the hand looked so good that I didn’t want to change it. The other things I don’t like are just me being nitpicky- the face is too round, the mouth doesn’t look like she’s blowing a kiss (what I was trying to do), the shading on the hand is terrible...
    Let’s end on a positive note! Even though the perspective on the hand is wrong, I love how it turned out. It’s the best hand I’ve drawn. The eye also turned out nicely. It looks like it’s glowing, and I made the eye shine in the shape of a heart because uwu

Riddles likes this.
  12. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ayy more gym leaders! Keep it up, you're doing great with these!

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  13. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    I might be crazy for doing this, but here we go. I’m starting a new project of drawing all the gym leaders in chibi style.
    1. Chibi style! Super kawaii! Duh
    2. The shading won’t be very intense unlike my other doodles. (Mostly to help me finish these quicker lol)
    3. I’m going in order of the gyms.
    4. I won’t draw fingers for the hands (or at least I’ll try not to).
    5. Each person will be with a Pokémon!
    6. I decided to keep the outlines. They’re not a full black, it’s a very dark color of the user’s type. (For this one, the outline is a dark green.)
    I’m going in order, so first is Milo.
    40998D02-FD3A-471A-AB2E-90C879C81D83.png
    UwU so here’s Milo holding a Wooloo because why not.
    This took about a day to sketch, outline, color, and shade. I couldn’t find my stylus pen so I had to do this all with my finger and it hurts. (Of course I find it after I already finished lol)
    The body type and muscles were hard to draw on a small scale, but I think it looks good! I realize a few details on the Wooloo are off (the ears are too high and there is 1 too many braid bump things) but it doesn’t matter that much, it’s still cute!

Riddles likes this.
  14. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Second up- chibi Nessa!
    CA89136F-236E-490D-8ECA-836A4B3AED17.png
    Here’s Nessa in her signature “how does she lift her leg that high” pose, and her Chewtle looking in shock and trying to mimic her. (Let’s face it, Chewtle is all of our reactions when we saw Nessa do this in the game :3) She took a few days to finish, mostly because school started this week for me.
    Initially I wasn’t thrilled with this drawing- I thought the sketch looked like unsalvageable trash, and I didn’t want to continue it. After making some small adjustments (like redrawing the eyes and repositioning the head), I thought it looked salvageable and was finally feeling encouraged to continue with the drawing.

I had some issues with converting the reference image (Nessa’s league card) to chibi because of the completely different proportions the two have. This position was weird because it kinda required a neck, which chibi typically doesn’t include. I think it looks good still.

My favorite parts are the eye (as usual) and the Chewtle. The eye is just... sorry, I love shading eyes. I love how it looks like it’s glowing, and the eye shines are in the shape of water droplets! And I love the expression on Chewtle’s face. It’s a mix between shock and angry screaming. (I wanted Chewtle’s colors to be saturated but I think I went overboard with the turquoise, it’s too green and bright)
    (EDITED because I forgot to add the eyelashes lol)

#14 Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  15. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    For some reason I felt inspired to draw on paper for once. (I’m not a one-trick pony with the digital art y’all)
    5DCEB0A7-5DB5-49FA-8654-255326574889.jpeg Yeah it’s Piers yet again. I found a picture of him in this pose and I decided I wanted to recreate it. Tbh I’m too scared to color it lol. At the same time, I at least want to color in the black parts with the pencil. Or do the shading, but I’ve never done shading on paper.
    EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    My friends convinced me to color him. I’ve never shaded using colored pencils, so that was interesting. (The shading looks better and is more noticeable irl than in this picture) Then I decided last minute to add the quote on the side. This picture still makes me so happy! I swear when I look at this drawing, I want to squeal because (a) I love how it turned out and (b) uwu I love Piers

#15 Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  16. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    I took a little break on the chibi challenge because I felt I was losing motivation (which I had a feeling would happen eventually) and virtual school started up. Here’s a little doodle I whipped up. I went on one of those random number generators and put the range 1-890 to draw a Pokémon and I got 436.
    9C859803-E7F6-4C73-8A84-F1EF96DAB81A.jpeg Bronzor! I was glad to get something relatively simple to draw. That said, Bronzor is very symmetrical, which meant I had to try to make it symmetrical (which meant my OCD kicked in). I don’t think I want to color it, I’ll leave it in pencil.
    That reminds me, I should continue my art challenges, one of which I haven’t touched in over a year

17. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    I don’t usually post WIPs, but I really have anyone else to show this. (Warning: it’s not necessarily inappropriate, but it is a little bit “on the fence” for lack of a better term, which is why I’m a little hesitant to post this on here or the Discord.)
    5EDE844D-0299-42D3-87BC-EEDFC0C18746.png So here’s the outline of my latest drawing, which unsurprisingly is of Piers. Not gonna lie, but I kinda got over my obsession phase for a while. Then I saw my friend (the one who I got obsessed with Piers) and yeah, I kinda got back into the obsession. (I never told her that I got over my obsession but that’s besides the point)

I did a few things differently from what I normally do. For one, this picture is 2000x2000 pixels instead of 1000x1000 pixels. I think the drawing is much clearer because it’s twice as big. On the 1000x1000 drawings, it would get too blurry if I zoomed in too close, so tiny details were hard to do. Meanwhile, with this one, look at the microphone and chains! They’re so thin but detailed! Speaking of thin, the outlines are also ridiculously thin, because a lot of the art I see uses very thin lines, and I thought I would try to replicate that. Compared to my last digital drawing of Piers, I’m not as nervous to draw the stuff like the ribs and hip bones (plus I actually drew those correctly this time, they were the opposite way in the last drawing)

I tried my hardest to draw this more realistically and less cartoony, but alas, I can’t escape the cartoony-ness of my art style. For once I took creative liberty and drew him in a different outfit. I felt like making him more punk than he already was, so yeah, that explains the design choices.

Question: I currently have no design plan for the pants, does anyone have any suggestions?

#17 May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  18. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    I have finally finished the drawing! (and looking at the dates between the WIP I posted and today, I’ve been working on it for a while now.)
    [​IMG]
    This really has come a long way since the WIP I posted, but that’s such an understatement.

This project only took around 2 1/2 weeks to complete, but it seemed like much longer because this drawing is pretty much the only thing I’ve been doing all day since I got out from school on the 4th. Not only that, but all that time I was only doing the shading, which is my least favorite part of the drawing process. On top of that, there were a bunch of small details (that only I would probably notice) that were bothering me. If I found one while I was shading, I would have to stop what I was doing to fix that one tiny detail. Some of these small details are changing the outline color of the arms and the white hair, shortening the torso (it was WAY too long), making the right hand bigger, and the transition between the black and white hair. I wanted to make it look somewhat realistic, but i just wasn’t liking how it looked. It changed several times before I gave up on the realistic approach and just made them lines.

I ended up using some tools on my art program I don’t think I’ve ever used before. I used the “multiply” blending layer, which made the shadows darker. I also used the color balance to make the shading more pink, which is much easier and quicker than what I did before, which was putting pink shadows/highlights on top of the original shadows/highlights.

19. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Here’s my entry for the armor event, which I am posting here as well:
    1AB634B9-A758-4460-A523-393493258D04.png I drew shiny mega Gardevoir with armor, but some parts are inspired by her knight, Mega Gallade. I imagine she used the same helmet and sword that he did, but she created the rest of her armored outfit. It just so happened that shiny Mega Gardevoir has a black dress (which implies a funeral, like for her beloved knight) and accents of orange (which is the color for Team Might).

I started this on Saturday and had to finish it before midnight on Tuesday. I feel kinda bad because, since I was pressed on time, I had to trace the body and wings.

20. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Hi I’m back and here’s something I don’t even want to bother finishing. It was a cute idea executed poorly. I wanted to draw myself as different gym leaders of various types. I wanted to do me as a Fairy, Water, Steel, and Dark/Poison gym leaders. I came up with names and teams.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah so her name would be Anny because it sounds cute. I also knew someone named Anny, so there’s that. She is dressed in a style of fashion called Decora Kei. It’s one of the many sub-categories of harajuku fashion, a style that originated in Japan. In a nutshell, Decora fashion often features bright colors, clashing colors/patterns, many accessories, and tons of hair clips covering the bangs.

My thoughts:
    -She was a cute idea and all, but I don’t like how she is turning out. I’m not encouraged to continue her. (She only needs a few more parts to be shaded, but still.) That tutu was so hard to draw because I could hardly find any references to drawing poofy tutus. Shading it is gonna be even harder too. It really needs the shading to look as best as it can, plus maybe the shadows can cover up the skin showing under the see-through part.
    -I tried to make the shirt look loose and baggy but I can’t draw clothing wrinkles. I tried, but they look lousy.
    -She also suffers from what I’m now calling Tiny Hand Syndrome (see the Piers drawing above). The hands are once again too small.
    -The bent knee is not at the angle I wanted and I can’t fix it without redrawing it. It’s too flat to the side and looks uncomfortable. The knee should be turned out more.
    -My last critique is that she’s a cute Decora girl, but she doesn’t really look like a Pokémon trainer. There are a few Pokémon patterned things in her design, like her Sylveon suspenders and Poké Ball hair clip and bracelet, but they seem to get drowned out by all the rainbows.
    -The only redeeming quality I see is her accessories. I loved drawing all the accessories. They’re all so cute. I went crazy, but didn’t overload her with accessories, because that would’ve been a pain to color and shade everything. The galaxy-patterned shirt was also fun to color, and I like how it turned out. Also a small detail- did you notice how she has 6 clips on her suspenders? That’s not a coincidence, she clips her Poké Balls to them!
    Sorry for the overall negativity, I haven’t really been inspired lately to do any art.