1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Digital Rad Fixes Shinies!

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by RadEmpoleon, Apr 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I adore the colors you went for on Hatterene, gives almost sunset/dawn hues. Very pretty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  2. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    ooo I love how frosty gengar looks plus the mimikyu is cute too!
    I actually can't choose a favorite redo that you've done since I'm honestly eyeing many of them

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Here’s some more Galar shinies I felt like fixing.
    DF9438C8-E56C-4C58-AF05-A2B85FC105D8.png
    This is just a slightly revised version of Copperajah’s shiny. I think it’s a passable shiny, but the original shiny has a puke green color that doesn’t look flattering. This version has a darker and more vibrant green, and the gold is slightly darker and more saturated. 58EF6672-A4DF-418C-8B91-934B6F457863.png
    Shiny Galarian Rapidash really disappoints me... the blue remains the same, but the pink changes to a pale yellow that you can barely see against the white body. As I did with my Galarian Ponyta shiny, this one is orange and yellow, reminiscent of regular Rapidash’s flames. (Ignore the random pink lines, those are “happy accidents”)
    BDDF4CCC-CB0F-4373-831E-ADD31F7096CD.png
    They really did Galarian Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime dirty with their shinies... they’re just de-saturated versions of their original palettes. I will admit, the color choices are a bit chaotic. I went with purple for the ice parts, because I really like the idea of changing the ice parts on Pokémon to purple. Bright lime green eyes, yellow circle thing, and the hat/hair thing is darker and more pinkish. The face is the same color.
    4D4E855C-F7F2-4707-B251-1F6BDA6036B1.png
    Something about Inteleon’s shiny doesn’t click with me... I think it’s the swapping of the black and white parts. The white doesn’t look good on the hands and legs. So I left the black and white parts as they were on regular Inteleon, darkened the dark blue parts, changed the light blue to more of an aqua color, and changed the fin and cape to purple. The eye is a darker purple.
    7E26722C-9E6B-46BD-B013-B7ACA997E9BA.png
    I don’t mind the colors of shiny Obstagoon... my problem with it is that the colors are too saturated for something as intimidating as Obstagoon. So this is a “fusion” of Obstagoon’s shiny and my prediction of shiny Obstagoon (which I was kinda right about, scroll up to find it). The red and blue were significantly darkened, and the claws are a dark gray.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Here are some shiny predictions for some new Pokémon in the DLC! I made these kinda quickly before Isle of Armor comes out. I have a feeling I’m gonna be hilariously wrong on most (if not all) of these predictions. I made 2 variants for most of these.
    87CCF968-043B-41C4-80C0-02F9ECDFCC08.png
    I’m not the biggest fan of how this one turned out... but it still looks nice I guess.
    911FC9CD-91E8-44D4-9318-CF17317A7C66.png
    I saw a shiny Galarian Slowpoke and I’m not sure if it’s legit or not, but it had a yellow body with brown on its head. (I really hope it was a fake) but I make a shiny for Galarian Slowbro similar to it. The Shellder cannon is purplish because Slowbro is a Poison type now. I looked it up, shiny Galarian Slowpoke is actually yellow and brown, ew.

For the Galarian birds, I made 2 variants, one of which looks similar to the Kanto form.
    0B92F0B8-C8D3-4F98-A76A-524AA858CEDA.png
    I actually like the aqua green tail the most on this one. I think it pairs well with the icy blue reminiscent of its Kanto form, and it has purple eyes because it matches with the other cool-toned colors. AFFE3548-A2CC-401D-ACF3-5C4FBFD0FC4C.png
    I thought a darker color palette would suit it better. I made the body dark blue, and the tail dark purple, with red eyes for contrast. I’m not a fan of shinies that change dark parts to white, but this definitely benefits from the contrast of the off-white eye mask part. I didn’t realize how much this looks like shadow Lugia until after I finished.
    DE18812A-E9BB-46EE-96ED-8FBEF3C2494E.png This shiny is based on regular Zapdos, but I consider it more of a color swap between the orange and yellow parts.
    3E63EC1F-A7A0-44E7-914C-974E177E3BDA.png This shiny has a redder (less orange) color, with brighter yellow talons and eyes. I wanted to throw in another color, but the blue ended up looking bad. I tried. 8AEF494B-39B4-4C54-AC9C-CAC93C78D68A.png Spoiler, I made 3 for Galarian Moltres because design-wise, it’s my favorite of the 3. Also, the black pairs nicely with any color flames. This one is purple because purple and black is my favorite color combination. The legs are a slightly darker purple for some color variety, and the eye is gold to contrast with the purple. 75781413-A9E3-404C-B171-4603CB403388.png See what I mean? The black makes any color for the flames look better. This one is blue because blue flames are cool. And again here, the legs are a slightly darker blue for some color variety, and the eye is gold to contrast with the blue.
    8E94DC75-E532-40EC-9AB4-F689125DB74D.png This one as you can tell is based on regular Moltres. The head flame is just slightly redder for color variety, and the eye is blue to contrast all the orange. I think this shiny is a bit too one-noted- the gold on the body and the orange of the flames are too similar and almost blend together. That’s my fault- maybe the gold needs to be lighter.
    E6968AD2-B948-48F2-811C-AD96D6EB2B65.png Honestly I wasn’t feeling too inspired in making a shiny for the legendary bears, so I only made them each 1 shiny. I wasn’t really sure what to do with Kubfu, so I made it gold. I changed the color of the mouth from yellow to gray so it wouldn’t blend in with the gold.
    8602B37A-2095-454A-ABCA-4A32964C57E7.png I gave Single Strike Urshifu red claws and mouth because it’s part Fighting type. The gray fur was changed to be slightly redder.
    9875D6E0-6F64-4A61-80D7-9C3196556B94.png I did the same thing with Rapid Strike Urshifu, but with blue because it’s part Water type.
    C6F201DB-BE9C-4022-A6AF-E7083E81222D.png For Calyrex, I changed the green parts to purple because purple is the color of royalty, and Calyrex is a king after all. I changed the blue parts to gold because complementary colors, and I thought gold was fitting for a king. The tan body is a faint icy blue because when finding a picture of Calyrex, I found out it’s partly based on an arctic hare. Yes I know they aren’t blue, but icy makes me think of the color blue.
    60FA41FA-7C2E-4965-88C0-B8A618892C70.png
    When I was making the previous shiny, I was changing the blue to gold when I stumbled upon this. Idk why, but this started growing on me, more so than the gold was.
    I forgot to make shiny predictions for the Regis, oops.
    3E4F168D-D6B4-48F3-8089-3E58BAFBE6CA.png I made Regieleki a neon blue because I love making electric types neon blue. The loop things are red now, instead of dark blue. The dots on its face are yellow, since it is normally yellow. 187771A3-8C68-4D71-96A4-787DCFE14E18.png Regidrago got a simple palette swap. Its body is now a royal blue, and the dots on its face are a reddish pink. The Charizard skull is gray because I couldn’t decide a color for it. Whenever I tried to change the color, it was too distracting, so I make it gray to keep it simple.

#24 Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    LassusVulpes likes this.
  5. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Whoops, I forgot to do Zarude. I’ve already seen its shiny (as well as Galarian Slowbro’s, Kubfu’s, and Urshifu’s), and can I just say YIKES? They’re all awful. I was way off on my predictions except maybe Urshifu.
    Anyway here’s my shiny Zarude (it’s not a prediction though)
    7A51CB59-B1D1-4BCE-92A2-21FEBF174B67.png NGL, I thought they would make shiny Zarude white... they seem to be keen on making dark colored Pokémon white (Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, Zygarde, etc). I hate this trend but I decided to take a shot at it and hated how it looked. I settled on a less dark gray with a slight blue tint for the body. I liked the light yellow-green vines in its original shiny, so I kept that the same. I changed the light gray parts around the face, stomach, and hands to have a green tint, and changed the sclera of the eyes from red to yellow. The changes are subtle but much more effective than the changes in its original shiny.

Wizard likes this.