1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rae's X Wonderlocke!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Goomy, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    [​IMG]
    Hello! Welcome to this X-cellent Wonderlocke!​
    (i'm hilarious)​
    [​IMG]
    • All regular Nuzlocke rules apply. If a Pokémon faints, it is dead and must be boxed permanently. Only the first Pokémon encountered in each area may be caught. Gift Pokémon may only be accepted if they are the first encounter for that area.
    • Once a Pokémon is caught, it must be Wonder Traded away.
    • The Exp. Share may only be used for grinding.
    • If a Pokémon received from Wonder Trade is too high-leveled and doesn't listen, it must be traded again.
    • Legendaries may be caught, but must be Wonder Traded as normal.
    • Dupes Clause: Duplicate Pokémon and their evolutions can be caught and traded, but if a duplicate is received over Wonder Trade it must be traded again. (i.e. if I catch a Pidgey and then encounter a second one, I can catch and trade it, but if I later get a Pidgeotto from Wonder Trade it must be traded again.)
    • Shiny Clause: If a Shiny is encountered, it may be caught regardless of the first encounter rule and does not have to be traded; however, it cannot be used in battle. (if I actually do manage to get a Shiny, I'll probably send it over to OR once the run is finished.) However, Shinies received from Wonder Trade may be used as normal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Treecko007 and Weedle Enthusiast like this.
  2. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I wish you luck on your Wonderlocke!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Thank you!

To start things off, I headed out to Aquacorde Town to get my starter and meet my neighbors/friends/rivals/etc. Since I obviously wouldn't be keeping it for very long anyway, I used a random number generator to decide which Pokémon I'd choose, and got Fennekin. After the obligatory battle with Shauna, said Fennekin was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Zigzagoon! It was inevitable. She's level 2, gentle, and from Hoenn. She also has Pickup, which is a nice ability, at least.

As soon as we got Pokeballs, the next catch on Route 2 was a Weedle. I felt a little bad trading her just because everyone knows how it feels to get Weedle/Caterpie/Wurmple from Wonder Trade. In return, we got...
    [​IMG]
    Skitty! I was expecting her to be from Hoenn as well, but she was actually hatched in Lumiose City. Hooray for breeding rejects! She's level 1, lonely, and has Normalize.

In Santalune Forest, I met up with Shauna again. Surprisingly, I caught a Pansear, which was traded for a Tentacruel. Which would be cool, if it wasn't level 30 and therefore wouldn't listen. So Tentacruel was traded again, and this time we got...
    [​IMG]
    Axew! I was pretty happy about her; I really like Axew but don't usually get to have one on my team. She's level 20, calm, and has Rivalry. She's also from Japan, so that's cool.

Once we got out of the forest after a bit of grinding (the exp boost from being traded Pokémon really helps lmao) and made it to Route 3, I caught a Burmy. This was traded for a Linoone, which is a duplicate, so the Linoone was traded again for...
    [​IMG]
    Honedge! This one I actually felt a bit bad about; he's got 3 perfect IV's and his whole moveset is egg moves. This is why Wonderlocke-ing on WTW is both a blessing and a curse--great for me, but I feel really bad for the nice person who got some random Linoone in return. Anyway, he's level 1, timid, and has No Guard.

Not much happened in Santalune Town; my team clearly wasn't ready for the Gym yet, so we headed to Route 22 to grind some more. There, I caught a Bidoof, which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Trevenant! Named Bumps. Not sure why? She's female, level 1, and has Natural Cure.

A lot of grinding happened before everyone was up to level 15 and ready for Viola's Gym. The team didn't have any type advantages against Bug, and Bumps is weak to it, so I was basically relying on brute force here. After getting rollerskates and somehow walking and battling on a massive spider web, we were up against Viola.
    Zigzagoon took out her Surskit easily with a couple of Headbutts. Honedge got to battle Vivillon, which was easily beat by a few Shadow Sneaks despite her Harden spamming. With minimal difficulty and no casualties yet, we got the Bug Badge! And the Infestation TM, which may or may not be useful later depending on what Wonder Trade decides to give me next.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    None yet! Hopefully it can stay that way.​

Treecko007 likes this.
  4. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Doublade is a cool Pokémon, you're lucky to have gotten a Honedge. I'm glad you haven't had any casualties yet. I actually really like Weedle, so i wasn't disapointed at all when i got one over Wonder Trade at once point.

5. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Yup, I'm pretty happy about the Honedge. I feel the same way about Zubat; ever since winding up with a Crobat on my team in an attempted Emerald Nuzlocke that ended up being one of my best fighters, I've really liked Zubat.

So! After finishing up Viola's gym, we received the Exp. Share from Alexa and headed on to Route 4. There I caught a Budew, which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Oddish! I was honestly expecting his name to be a weed joke but he's unnamed lol He's level 1, gentle, and has Chlorophyll.

I had to grind for a bit to get Oddish's level up to par with the rest of the team, and then we headed for Lumiose after meeting Dexio and Sina. There, I met up with Professor Sycamore, (as a sidenote I usually don't play with the volume up but I did this time and oh my god could they have made his music any more French) who battled me and then offered me a second starter. Again, I used a random number generator to decide, and got Charmander. Which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Zorua! Zorua's another one of those Pokémon I really like but never get the chance to use on a team. He's level 2, naive, and has Illusion. He's also from Germany. Since I was mainly focused on preparing for Grant's gym, I decided to keep him in the box for now, but I may use him later.

After meetiing Mr. "Definitely Not a Villain" Lysandre and Mrs. "Definitely Not the Champion" Diantha, we went to Route 5 to get on our way to Cyllage City. There, I caught a Furfrou, and traded it for...
    [​IMG]
    Wailmer! Interestingly, I was actually thinking that a. I needed a Water type and b. how funny would it be to have a Wailord??? and then I looked down at the screen and there was this baby. He's level 25, modest, and has Oblivious. He also apparently likes to run, and I don't really want to know how.

At this point, I decided to box Bumps so that I could add Wailmer to the team, now that I had Oddish for a Grass type as well. While grinding on Route 5, Zigzagoon also evolved!
    [​IMG]

Once I met up with Shauna in Camphrier Town and learned about the Snorlax on Route 7, we headed out to Parfum Palace to get the flute back from the really asshole-ish owner. First, I decided to grind a lot on Route 6, and caught another Oddish while I was at it. This was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    A Pikachu! Named Cheese. She's level 30, serious, and has Static. Along with that, my Oddish evolved.
    [​IMG]

After all that mess with the Furfrou maze, we headed back to Route 7 and I caught the Snorlax. Which was then traded off for...
    [​IMG]
    Makuhita! Even though being a Fighting type would give him a 4x advantage over Grant's Amaura, I decided to keep him in the box just because he's only level 9 and I'm just too lazy to train another Pokémon lol.

We got through Route 7, Calem and I double-battled with Trevor and Tierno won fairly easily, and shockingly, I caught a Zubat in Connecting Cave. It was traded for a Charmander, which was a duplicate of Sycamore's gift, (I was actually worried for a second it was the same Charmander that had ended up making its way back to me, hahaha) so that was traded again to get...
    [​IMG]
    Bunnelby! I may actually put her on the team later if I don't have a Ground-type by the time I battle Clemont. For now, though, she's safe in the box. She's level 3, bold, and has Cheek Pouch.

On Route 8, I caught a Mienfoo, which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Chinchou! I've never used Chinchou or Lanturn before, so I'm undecided about this one; we'll see how the run goes, I suppose. He's level 25, hasty, and has Illuminate.

I was hoping to challenge Grant tonight, but it's starting to get late so I'll probably wait until tomorrow. Wish me luck!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    None yet!​

Treecko007 likes this.
  6. Goomy

Goomy School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Sorry for not updating yesterday, I ended up being really busy. I made a good bit of progress today, though, so that's fun. We started out in Ambrette Town, where Calem and I ended up going to Glittering Cave to learn about Mega Evolution or something. On Route 9, I caught a Hippopotas, which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Eevee! He's level 1, modest, and has Adaptability.

In Glittering Cave, I caught a Rhyhorn and traded it for a Pansear (named I m Jeff, for some reason). This was a duplicate, so I traded him again for...
    [​IMG]
    Woobat! She's level 21, jolly, and has Klutz. Having a Psychic/Flying type will be handy at Korrina's Gym. Also, Team Flare happened.

I also obtained the Jaw Fossil here, which is a second Pokémon in the same area, but since it's technically categorized as an item until it's revived in Ambrette, I decided to count it as legal. Plus I didn't have a choice in accepting it, and I didn't want a Fossil sitting around in my bag for the rest of the game. Anyway, that was revived into a Tyrunt, which was in turn traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Ralts! Another Psychic type for Korrina's Gym. She's level 1, calm, and has Trace. She also has a bunch of cool Egg moves, which I was happy about.

After all that, we headed for Cyllage City and obtained the Bike. Since I did all my grinding back on Route 6 and then dealt with everything else in between there and Cyllage, my Pokémon were really overleveled. So overleveled, in fact, that Gloom and Wailmer stopped listening to me at the Gym. Amazing. Despite that, I managed to take out Grant's Amaura with Wailmer after several tries. But while battling Tyrunt, Gloom wouldn't listen and Tyrunt's Bite ended up being a lot stronger than I thought, and it killed Gloom.
    [​IMG]
    RIP. :( I had Axew avenge him, since Wailmer had taken too much damage from the previous battle, but it was a bittersweet victory.

After receiving the Cliff Badge, I decided to reorder the team to prepare for Korrina. I deposited Linoone (as much as I'll miss having Pickup) and Skitty, and added Woobat, Ralts, and Zorua to the team.

On route 10, I caught a Snubbull, which was traded for...
    [​IMG]
    Ah yes, the inevitable Wurmple. She's level 2, hardy, and has Shield Dust. Team Flare happened again, but this time tragedy struck. I got distracted for a second and when I looked back a Grunt's Golbat had killed Woobat.
    [​IMG]
    Today was a sad day. RIP Woobat. :(

Once I got to Geosenge Town, I added Eevee to the team and evolved him into Flareon.
    [​IMG]

After Team Flare happened yet again, we headed to route 11. There, both Ralts and Honedge evolved into Kirlia and Doublade.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    They grow up so fast. :') I also caught a Staravia and experienced what will probably be my favorite Wonder Trade story forever. Per the normal Nuzlocke rules, I've been nicknaming all of my catches before trading them, so I nicknamed the Staravia Ace and put him up for trade... and ended up trading with a person named Ace. Life is amazing. Ace traded me a Deoxys, which was, as you would expect, too high leveled, so unfortunately I had to trade it again. This got me...
    [​IMG]
    A Mightyena, nicknamed Wolfie. He's level 34, careful, and has Quick Feet.

In Reflection Cave, I caught a Roggenrola and traded it for...
    [​IMG]
    Tentacool! He's level 25, lonely, and has Clear Body. Unfortunately, things went downhill after that. Zorua was killed by a wild Roggenrola (damn you rock blast) and Kirlia was killed by a trainer's Doduo.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Two Pokémon I love but hardly got to use. RIP. I hate that I got this far with no deaths and suddenly lost four Pokémon in one day. :(((

I reached Shalour City and decided to put Chinchou and Wurmple on the team; since I lost Woobat and Kirlia, I had no other Pokémon that would be effective at the Gym, so I added Wurmple praying she would evolve into Dustox. Apparently the game decided to be nice to me after everything else that happened, and she did.
    [​IMG]

On that note, hopefully I can take on Korrina tomorrow without any more casualties.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Treecko007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.