1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rage quitting discussed!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vigilance, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    What are your thoughts on it? Have you done it before? Do you do it a lot? What kind of stuff gets you to do rage quit?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    My version of a 'rage quit' is a fairly reasonable save and shut-down (unless the reason for my anger can be bypassed without saving) but I know quite a few people that flail and shout when things don't go their way which is a bit worrying. As annoying as games can be, I wouldn't want to risk breaking consoles or controllers over a temporary issue;;;
    The quitting aspect of rage quitting is good though. Sometimes it can be good to step away from a problem so you can think about it clearly a second time instead of letting the anger build even further. P:

3. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    When I'm losing to someone online and it's a clear loss, I'll exit if I don't see a comeback possible unless I get rewards for completing that are significant.

4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I usually don't make a fuss over it, but I like to get a tasty comeback or revenge at some point. It's really satisfying to slay a boss or enemy that you had to give up/quit on because you just weren't strong or prepared enough to face them before.

YOU HEAR THAT LYNEL FROM BOTW, I'LL BE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE :fuming:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    I rage quit a lot lol and it often results in something getting broken unfortunately
    Mostly lag and dying that sets me off

6. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don’t rage quit very much. Sometimes, instead of raging, I just laugh crazily.
    But I don’t usually quit. At least, not when I haven’t saved yet.

7. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yup, the lag always gets me too. Absolutely hate it.

SawstheSawsbuck likes this.
  8. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    i think the only game that ever made me fully rage quit was Dark souls...but i always go back to it and every time i do i get farther...maybe in about 20 years ill beat the first one so i can play the 2nd XD but i really dont like to rage quit. i came close to rage quitting while mantine surfing earlier today. if im gonna lose. ill lose with dignity.

9. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I always return to the games I rage quit. I don't think I've ever put a game away and not come back to it.

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I feel ashamed to admit that I ragequit far more than I should. Usually after losing to certain bosses far too many times I just give up the game for like a few days and stew in my own saltiness.

11. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    The only time I really rage quit in a game is when I happen to lose to Bayonetta in Smash Brothers (At least in FG anyways). Other than that I never RQ at all.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Bayonetta can go die in a fire for all I care. :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I don't typically 'rage-quit', but I will step back if I'm having a more-than-usual frustrating time. For instance, I threw 3 Stamina Potions into trying to beat Oliver (Infernal difficulty) in Fire Emblem Heroes, but could not figure out a sound strategy. In the end, though, I was given the advice I needed to overcome it, but I had to step away from it for a couple of days to analyze it.

13. Lexatom

Lexatom Contributor

Mythical Egg
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I rage quit a lot more than I'd like to. For instance, most recently I rage quit while trying to complete Sonic Adventure DX. I was playing Big's missions and I couldn't reel in fish for the life of me. After you try for about an hour on the same level it gets really tiring on you and I just had enough of it.

Plenty of other games make me rage quit as well, mostly online multiplayer oriented games, such as Rocket League. That game makes me scream at my TV a lot, heh.

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Just watching Jirard trying to do that nonsense is rage-worthy; I can't imagine trying to do it myself. There's a reason why so many Sonic fans have been clamoring for the return to 2D, and why Sonic Mania sold as well as it did.

15. Lexatom

Lexatom Contributor

Mythical Egg
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I mean, I like most 3D Sonic games, but when it's Big the Cat, no thanks. Although I will agree Sonic Mania is one of the best games in the series for a while. That, and Generations.

16. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    There is only one game I ever rage quit and that was PMD explorers of sky and time. The time I started to rage quit was at the very last stretch at the very last dungeon where I would always die. I rage quit many times just hoping that the next shot I will win. I never won. In time, I used a cheat to constantly replenish my health to full, with that cheat, I lost six times before I eventually won. That was the only game I rage quit in and I did it several times.

17. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I was just beating some kid at FIFA 11-3 and he rage quit lmao.

18. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I forgot a couple of games that I ragequit: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

Sigurd dying as needlessly as he did, just for the Japanese fetish for plot twists, had me so upset that I to this day refuse to pick up that game, though I do respect the overall writing of the story they were trying to tell.

But as a writer, Elise's death is far worse. Now, the writing is already bad, but her death was actually far less needed for plot progression than Sigurd, and then Revelations retcons that whole nonsense with even more stupidity makes my blood boil. I refuse, to this day, to play the Fates set for that reason.

19. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I rage quit from time to time, especially when it takes two days to get a Great Axe Armor’s soul in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow...x_x

20. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah, I also just remembered this level in a game called N.O.V.A that was pretty much unbeatable till I googled it.