1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rambling about a Game Development Idea

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Infernostar, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,929.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    As someone who took Game Design courses in college and has been brainstorming ideas for ages, something struck me recently and I've been in the process of outlining a potential small scale project. Nothing outrageous, just a simple sort of 2d Shooter, the big thing Im going for with it is mostly testing the waters and getting back into the swing of the hard part, coding.

The basic premise was a classic Nature vs. Technology conflict, with a human colony on an alien world that was hostile to humanitys efforts to find a new home. Faced with little option, the colony sends in a fighter ship to tackle nature head on, with stage backdrops and potentially bosses being based off of real world locales that feel like they can't be real. Nothing super complicated in terms of plot or overall gameplay, but a good way to get ones feet wet with game design.

If anyones got any questions or thoughts on my mad ramblings by all means, Im open to chat about this stuff

2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    I'm not much use in the game coding department, but I have some experience with music composition for video games (though said game never came out). I'd be willing to contribute a little bit there if I'm needed or wanted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Sounds like a neat idea! I've been thinking about learning some basic game design myself, though never seem to get around to it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,929.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    We will see what comes from this, I have a few base ideas on the back burner that are more complicated projects that would be neat to bring to life one day, but this seems like one of the easier ones to actually feasibly pull off. And by all means, if we are looking for assist I will gladly give a shout for extra hands, having someone for music would be pretty great if this progresses far

Wizard likes this.