1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ramen and you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM.

Tags:
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance The Devil Himself

Chopper
    (Sneasel)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,414.5
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Do you guys like Ramen or can you not stand it. I currently have 3 crates full on my dorm desk so I guess you know my answer. I'm interested to hear what you guys think about it y'know.

EDIT: I wrote this while eating a bowl of Ramen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽366.5
    If I could have ramen every day for lunch, I most likely would. I absolutely love ramen. I think evidence for that would be how I would go and buy, like, two or three cups of ramen a day for lunch (yes, they were cheaper than the bags, and all I needed was to buy some water jugs occasionally). I think that was my best decision daily... until I could no longer.
    I like it for sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. EtherealHaze

EtherealHaze Not as cool in person

Jorunn
    (Ponyta)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,565.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm not a huge fan of it, since I've always thought the noodles have an unpleasant texture to them. It's one of those foods I'll only eat if there is absolutely nothing else available at the time.

4. Wizard

Wizard Competent Maid

Shiny Chu
    (Alolan Pikachu)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,489.6
    Top Ramen: the friend of the college student. Above my bed on a shelf, I have a box of 36 packs of ramen. I haven't opened it yet, but I definitely plan on it. The stuff isn't bad, I'm just too lazy to make it. Plus, it offers almost nothing as far as nutritional value.

As for normal ramen, I've heard good things, but I've never tried anything except for good ol' Top Ramen.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Possible Hero

Zan'ei
    (Shelmet)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,505.8
    I used to like it, but then I tried it again after two years without and had the same reaction: the texture is just really awkward. I will give it props for being a good food to stock up on for desperate times. When you're hungry and you just desperately need calories, it's not a bad way to go. I rate it as being just barely better than eating spam in a can when you really don't feel like cooking and don't have access to modern cooking methods.

As far as the lack of nutrition and high sodium is considered, I just make sure to always take a multi-vitamin for the meal that was essentially missed and drink at least a quart of water to make sure I'm not going to be dehydrated by having soup. A full belly is one thing, a healthy body is another.

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Jenny
    (Alolan Diglett)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽86.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Something in instant ramen makes me ill. I instead have instant chow mein or sesame chicken or sweet and sour chicken.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon Ace Trainer

Twiggy
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽382.9
    Poké Doll ★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Yeah ramen is all right. My brother usually eats most of the ramen, so I don’t eat it as much.

8. SyWry

SyWry Ace Trainer

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,816.9
    Due to dietary problem, I can't eat Top Ramen. In point of fact, its one of the worst foods for me to eat and I'll never have it again. As for real ramen, there's all kinds of Ramen places around me and they're really good. Often times, they are also really nutritious with all kinds of veggies and tofu thrown in and I love them. I don't go to them often because it tends to be expensive.

9. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf A poor girl from a poor family

PokéPoints:
    ₽292.9
    I don't like instant ramen. At all. I'd rather eat literally anything else.
    Actual ramen tho. It's so good! Too bad there isn't a lot of options in my city and I have to drive over an hour to get a decent bowl. Too bad I haven't mastered making it at home. Yet.

10. Azazel

Azazel Make me your Aphrodite, make your one and only

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,673.2
    Best: Chicken
    Good: Beef
    Meh: Every other one

I'm so fussy lol

Vigilance likes this.
  11. Gazi

Gazi Ace Trainer

Stoick
    (Quilladin)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽442.9
    I've only ever had top ramen, but I really like it. Not enough that I'll eat it every day, but it's a nice meal when I want something quick to eat. I fell away from it for a bit because it wasn't very filling, but I've recently started eating ramen with a poached egg in it, and it's pretty fantastic.