1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Random critical hits

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TAPQI, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAPQI

TAPQI Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    What is your opinion on random critical hits? Do you think they are necessary? Are they breaking the game? Should they be used in online FPS games?

I think random criticals are generally more annoying than necessary. They ruin a bit of the skill, when a random chance can ruin you without really needing any sort of skill... Especially in FPS games the random criticals can be very annoying and really unnecessary.

2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    FPS games should not have random crits, it makes no sense in context. However, I don't think crits do anything to ruin the game. It's basically as if they were actually fighting and a crit is when they manage to strike a weak point. It makes sense, and the randomness factor means that they can turn a game around for someone who has less skill level that their opponent and it throws in a level of uncertainty about the match. Crits are fun... If only my Drapion would crit more often...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    If the chances of crit rates are even on both sides, I see no problem with them. Since everyone has the same odds (supposedly) it makes it an even playing field. Critical hits are best left in the RPG genre. Besides, head-shots are basically "critical hits" in FPS's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.