1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Ranger (Marine x Hrae)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Hraesvelgr, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “Sounds like we all agree I guess if you end up a trouble just signal for help in some way and we’ll come running.” Tyrone reassured with Gruff giving an affirmative growl, he might not be good at stealth and he knew he was as elegant as a Mamoswine when it came to that.

“Alright Saria, just be careful we don’t know if there’s more lurking down there. If they don’t want to be found out there could be guards posted down there.” He was getting visibly tense since sending a lone ranger into unknown was dangerous even if he was sure Saria could handle herself or she wouldn’t have been picked for this mission.

“Are you okay? You’re looking, um, a little tense there Alastor to the point where even I can see it.” The burly ranger had noticed the man had starting to swift a lot.

“Huh, yeah I’m fine, I just don’t like this nor do I like the possibility of having to deal with Team Dim Dun again. We don’t know what’s down there and if is them again they’ll without a doubt be on guard. Just be careful Saria.” The tall ranger didn’t say more after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Saria nodded in response before quickly moving out. They probably didn't have all that much time left to see what was going on in the ruins if she had heard those grunts correctly. She wasted no time in grabbing Rasa under her arm to make sure there would only be one time a falling noise was made. Shuppet hovered next to her shoulder and Saria lowered herself into the hole, hanging with her good arm for a second before she let go. The impact was relatively quiet as there was more noise being made at that level.

Slowly creeping around the corners, following the sounds, Saria crept through the darkness with only Shuppet and Rasa at her side. Slowly the sounds were becoming more distinguishable, and when Saria managed to actually understand the noises as being voices, she stopped creeping around and listened.

"How is that the "brightest minds" from Dim Sun have still not managed to decipher a few old runes?" A male voice muttered close by.

"Sir, we should be done in just under an hour. The textual analysis will have to be continued at the base but we have managed to restore the runes enough for us to make sense of it so far." A deeper voice reported to the first voice. "You were right about the ritual, sir. This could be our chance to rise again."

"So it seems. As long as those pesky rangers do not come along again and ruin our plans." The first voice responded. It sounded almost lazily. "So far we have managed to fly under the radar, but we cannot be complacent. Be on your guard for the remaining time we are here."

Saria had heard enough and quickly made her way back to the hole in the ceiling where she had come from, dodging a few guards along the way. The person that was in charge was right with his complacent critic, Saria thought as the guards were remarkably relaxed.

Once she arrived at the hole, Saria made a noise to pulled the attention of the other Rangers and once they spotted her, she quickly relayed what she had managed to overhear.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    “What should we do, get reinforcements?” Tyone looked at his colleagues; now that they knew it was Dim Sun they had on their hands he was unsure what to do as he’d never dealt with them before.

“There’s no time for that according to Saria we have under an hour, they’ll disappear faster than a Gengar before we can get help we have to deal with this ourselves.” Alastor knew how fast Dim Sun was a clearing an area once they’d gotten what they wanted even if he’d never taken part in the bigger missions doing the incident he’d still come across Dim Sun.

“But how? Both Saria and I are hurt plus Saria had to sneak passed guards to get back here even if she said they were relaxed.” He pointed at his shoulder as he reminded Alastor of the injuries.

“We hit them hard and we hit them fast, the ruins are home to a number of pokémon we can use that to our advantage if we’re fast enough since they still don’t know we’re here. There’s ghost and psychic types, even poison types like Koffing and Skuntank around.” Alastor wasn’t sure how onboard the rest of the rangers would for a more direct approach.

Tyrone looked like he was considering it while looking at the other two before speaking.

“That sounds risky, not gonna lie I’m not sure that’s the right approach but we do have other options. The talk Saria mentioned about some runes might be worth finding out more about, maybe we could find some notes lying around before Dim Sun cleans up and leave the place? Since they’re so interested in them they must be important in some manner.”

“Whatever we do we gotta decide fast, if needed we could do both as long as we’re confident that we can pull it off. But finding out more might the best action since we still don’t have much to go by.” The tall ranger had to agree with Tyrone, finding out more about the runes was a good idea.

“Since both Saria and I have canine partners we could try search for anything noteworthy, not sure if rockruffs are used for searching in the same manner growlithes are. If someone distracts them my lacking stealth skills shouldn’t be too much of a problem hopefully.”

“Well that doesn’t sound like a half bad idea actually, anyone up for trying Tyrone’s plan?” Alastor looked at the others, they didn’t have much time so they had to plan and execute it fast.

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "So, we will go with a divide and conquer strategy?" Saria asked, wanting to be sure that this is what they were going to be doing. When Tyrone mentioned the wound on her hand it stung as a reminder. Rasa gave a quiet bark as she stood next to her partner.

"We only have one shot at this." Gwyn nodded to his human partner. It was their best bet. They simply couldn't afford to wait any longer, lest Dim Sun disappeared. Shuppet had floated up briefly to show the male members of the party that all was well, before floating back down to Saria.

"Time to run some interference then, Al." Gwyn turned to Alastor after Saria had given her consent for the plan, knowing fully well, what could happen if they weren't careful.

"Perhaps you could make it seem like we are here for something else and just happen to stumble on team Dim Sun?" Saria offered as she thought about the best ways to run interference.

"Capture something strong and have it "chase" you as you run into their little base, in the resulting chaos, Tyrone, I, and out partners could quickly go in and swipe some of the material."

5. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    ”Sounds like a plan, that would create plenty of chaos. Alright Gwyn let’s get moving I have a pokémon in mind that’ll serve as a believable chaser.” Alastor signaled for Gwyn to follow him as he moved back where they came from. The ruins had plenty of places for pokémon to occupy now Alastor just hoped the one he had in mind would be around.

“There it is! That’s the pokémon that’ll help us.” Alastor gestured toward a bastiodon. The rangers had gone down smaller paths in an attempt to find to locate.“Get ready because this one will probably be a tough one to capture.”

“Well I guess while those two get ready we should get in position for when all hell breaks loose.” Tyrone said as him and Saria started looking for a suitable place to hide till they were needed. Finding a spot near where Saria had heard the voice they waited for Gwyn and Alastor to do their part. At least they did’t have to worry too much about the guards like Saria said they were a bit on the relaxed side so even Tyrone had little issue getting passed them.

“That made a little more noise than I wanted it to but at least we got what we came for, now with this one’s help let’s set the plan in motion.” Alastor points a thumb behind them where the bastiodon was trudging along. It hadn’t been easy to capture and had taken longer they’d hoped but it was a powerful pokémon that could create plenty of chaos.

Gwyn and Alastor went back to the hole they couldn’t see neither Saria nor Tyrone around they assumed they’d set their own thing in montion and was waiting somewhere for their colleagues start. they only had one shot at this and they needed to make it count.

“Alright Gwyn you ready to wreck some havoc?” We only have one shot at this, we gotta make it count.” Alastor said turning to his human partner.

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Yep, let's do this, Al. Give them hell, buddy." Gwyn nodded at the Bastiodon and their group quickly moved into position before they burst into the camp with a lot of noise, scaring the Dim Sun Grunts that had been patrolling and working on the little project in the Chroma Ruins. This, of course, drew the attention of those in charge and they left, cursing as to what was going on in the last moments that they were going to be down here int he damp caves.

Hearing the screaming from the grunts and taking that as her cue, Saria nudged Tyrone softly and the two of them moved as quickly and silently as they could to the table to see what they could snatch from Team Dim Sun. Saria cursed as she saw a few laptops running, and decided to focus on the few papers that she did see lying around. Rasa was looking in the direction that the men from Dim Sun had gone to and was ready to alert the rangers if they were coming back.

"Do you see anything useful?" Saria asked softly, just above the noise that the others were making. She picked up a few photo's with weird symbols and showed them to Tyrone, the red circles standing out to her.

7. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    “Not yet, but taking some of those pictures might be a good idea.” Tyronereplied is the same low voice while he was shuffling around with some papers before he started eyeing the laptops before he started searching elsewhere.

Gruff is sniffing around on the ground even if the canine pokémon wasn’t sure what he was looking for he still tried to help.

“Man maybe Alastor should have done this instead of me, he’s the guy that’s good at computers right?” Tyrone wasn’t having much luck finding anything and moved on to the next table. Shuffling through the paper and graphs he couldn’t really make sense of pushing something off the table without noticing as he kept looking.

Gruff was walking around his partner with his nose in the ground walking in circles when something almost landed on his nose. It was a thin notebook; the growlithe sniffed it several times before picking it up. The canine scratched at his partner’s leg to get his attention.

“Huh, what do you got there buddy? Hey Saria I think Gruff might have found something.” Tyrone took the notebook from his partner and opened it, it was full of yet more graphs, symbols and hastily scribbled notes.

While their colleagues was trying to find anything useful Gwyn and Alastor was trying to keep the chaos going on as long as possible, Alastor even going as far as faking trying to capture the Bastiodon and of course failing.

I hope they find something soon because I’m not sure we can keep this up for long. The tall ranger thought as he dodged a charge from the fossil pokémon.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I think we have what we want, let's leave the computers for what they are, I don't want them to see us going through them." Saria hissed as she spotted a shadow coming back around the corner. Stuffing the documents that she had found securely in her pockets, she grabbed Rasa and urged Tyrone to come with her. They were going to play back up and the others.

Carefully backtracking a bit, she waited a sec to catch her breath before she jumped out of hiding and quickly rushed over to stand next to her partners.

"It is not one, not two, but four pesky little rangers that have come to snuffle around like little rats."

"You should have kept a better eye on what was going outside if you didn't want any visitors." Saria huffed as she took in the person that had spoken. Putting one hand on her hip, she leaned forward a bit.

"You really don't look like much. Did you really think you could get away with being in the ruins and disturbing the peace here without the Rangers feeling like they needed to pay a little visit to figure out what the Skarmory here have been attacking innocent passerby's?" She inspected her nails, while keeping an eye on the blue haired man that she had spoken to.

He didn't seem in the least be disturbed by her little act, and she narrowed her eyes.

"Grab the stuff. I will keep them busy for a little while. Get everything to Base 3." He commanded without taking his eyes off the Rangers in front of him. "Now, I think it is time to play."