1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rank the Hoenn starters' Megas!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by guest, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    List Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Blaziken in order of how much you like and/or use them! It can be in-game or competitively, or both. Perhaps you base your ranks on how they look, the types they have, or the stat boosts?
    Don't forget to leave a reason for your rankings if you have one!

2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    1. Mega Swampert
    I like Mega Swampy because I think that it's design aesthetic is cool and it's pretty powerful in its own right. My first thought what that it looked like Cannonbolt from Ben 10 and that has stuck with me ever since.

2. Mega Blaziken
    I don't like Blaziken, I don't hate Blaziken. Same with the Mega, especially since I never see it anywhere.

3. Mega Sceptile
    Spectile had blades on its arms. It's formerly signature move was Leaf Blade, which became physical after the phys/spec move split in Gen 4. Yet for some unknown reason it is a Spec attacker. Swampy, Feraligator, Blaziken and Zard were all either phys attackers or mixed, so why not Sceptile. I love the Pokémon, but that was always my one gripe with it. When I saw a mega I thought a massive attack boost was inbound... till I saw it was grass dragon, it got lightning rod and ITS SPATTACK WAS RAISED DRASTICALLY!!! Sceptile, I love you, but stop denying that you should be a physical attacker.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    1 Mega Sceptile- Grass/Dragon Nuff Said. This Christmas tree is one of my favorite Pokémon, who just got a whole new upgrade, which makes me love it even more.
    2 Mega Blazekin Honestly, Blazekin looks the same, there's not much of a difference in my opinion of him anymore.
    3 Mega Swampert My beautiful Mudkip skipped Leg Day and doesn't look like the amazing special attacker I once knew it for. Just looking at the design makes me sick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    1: Mega Swampert, only because it's one of the few Mega forms I actually do like, as well as one of the only ones that ACTUALLY makes the Pokémon look stronger instead of adding a bunch of ribbons and fluff and then calling it stronger. Big Bruiser type Pokémon are ones I am begging to see become OU just to break up all those ****ing stick-figure Pokémon and personalityless objects.

2: Mega Sceptile, eh, kind of cool. It's tail turns into a cannon. That has to count for something.

3: Mega Blaziken. Least favorite Hoenn starter, least favorite Mega Form. It's Mega form also falls victim to "add flash and ribbons and pass it off as a new form" syndrome that I mentioned.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    [SIZE=10.5pt]1. Mega Swampert[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt][3D='swampert-mega'][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Mega Swampert is first on this list for a number of reasons. Firstly, Mudkip was the first Pokémon I ever received, so that whole line's got a bit of an impact on me. Secondly, Mega Swampert's usability in battle is much more balanced than either of the other two starters, with Sceptile having a horribly built Mega and Blaziken turning into a red Sonic the Hedgehog gotta go fast, Swampert seems like the median here, and it's a good median. Finally, Mega Swampert's design is something that's just so hilarious to me, especially with the other 2014 Gaming Buffs we saw [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]here[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]here[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]. I even made a meme that stated "When breeding in ORAS, a trainer's legs are as wide as this.", and then placing a picture of Mega Swampert underneath it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2. Mega Sceptile[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt][3D='sceptile-mega'][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Mega Sceptile is only number 2 on this list because of the reasons I hate Mega Blaziken. There's nothing special or diminishing about Mega Sceptile; it's basically what we wanted Mega Charizard Y to be (adding Dragon to the base starter and having a Special Attack boost), but it does it so poorly. Although the Dragon typing does work for it, it should have gained an increase in Physical Attack to utilize moves such as Leaf Blade, Outrage, Earthquake, Drain Punch and Rock Slide.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3. Mega Blaziken[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt][3D='blaziken-mega'][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Mega Blaziken, although very useful in battle gotta go fast, ruined everything about Gen VI for me. It was the only starter outside of the Kanto set to receive a Mega in XY, which ruined the surprise of a Gen III remake coming out later. And it's design isn't that great either. You can tell thought was put into designing the other two, since Mega Sceptile's got nice subtle Dragon references, and Mega Swampert is beautiful as he is, but to me, Mega Blaziken looks like it woke upon the wrong side of the bed, put on the wrong pair of pants, saw itself in a mirror and is mad about it now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]But that's just my opinion, and I'm sure lots of you will disagree (or agree, if I'm lucky), but I don't care because this is just how I feel about them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]I thought it'd also be fun to note that in my two playthroughs of AS, I didn't use Swampert in either of my teams, although he was originally planned to pair with Primal Kyogre, using a Primordial Sea/Swift Swim combo, before I found out that the ability Primordial Sea is only in effect when Kyogre's on the field.[/SIZE]

Sachi-Shimazu likes this.
  6. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    1. Mega Swampert-When it was first revealed, I fell in love with it. Not only does his design look intimidating, he is really powerful. Especially against Steven's Metagross.

2. Mega Blaziken-I love this guy too. Yes he's Uber but that's not going to stop me from using him in the battle maison. Or sometimes wifi battles. >:D

3. Mega Sceptile-This guy may be last on my list, but it doesn't mean I don't like him. He outspeeds Greninja (I think) and he hits really hard. But I really don't like how low his defenses are. I worry about him constantly in the battle maison.

7. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    1. Mega Sceptile! I absolutely love Sceptile and I was so psyched when it got a mega. Grass/Dragon is a really awesome typing and it looks so cool too! I've ussed it the most out of the others because it's my favorite Hoenn mega evolution.

2. I wasn't a fan of Mega Blaziken when it was first revealed but it's grown on me haha. I haven't really used it though, I've pretty much only stuck to Sceptile. But I've bred a Blaziken that I plan to use as a mega eventually.

3. I've always liked Swampert, but I wasn't and honestly I'm still not a fan of its mega. Its design doesn't really appeal to me, truthfully.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    1. Mega Sceptile, is my favorite starter and now is part dragon plus is design is okay.

2. Mega Blaziken, mainly in second because of design but its ability is super useful.

3. Mega Swampert, is last because I don't like its design at all, I was really disappointed with how it turned out.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    1. Mega Blaziken

With Speed Boost and even more so power, this uber became a bigger uber. Combine Protect and Substitute and you automatically get x2 speed unless priority goes into effect. Blaziken has a wide array of moves as well and is just an overall really powerful starter final evolution mega.

2. Mega Swampert

Mega Swampert is pretty in the middle for me in terms of how good it is. Back before Swampert had a mega evolution, I liked to teach mine counter and mirror coat to confuse people and pull of surprise OHKOs. With Mega Swampert, it becomes a bit more powerful, especially with a rain team. I'd say that I'd probably prefer to use this guy just in doubles though.

3. Mega Sceptile

Although the additional Dragon typing and Lightning Rod ability was pretty neat, this guy is still pretty lacking in comparison to the other Megas. Ever since Fairy types became a thing, an additional dragon typing adds another weakness to the chart, although losing SE fire was a good thing. Mega Sceptile is still pretty frail, which is bad considering grass types still have a multitude of weaknesses and Lightning Rod just changed a resistance to an immunity. I'd honestly just prefer to use a Sceptile with an item (Sash, Band, Scarf etc.) than one with a mega stone.

10. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    1. Mega Blaziken
    Blaziken means so much to me as the first Pokémon I traveled with in a Pokémon adventure and as such he's my #1. His mega is awesome and it reallllly good.

2. Mega Sceptile
    Visually, I love this thing to death. It just looks super cool. That's really my only reason for liking it lol.

3. Mega Swampert
    He's very cool too but unlike most people I don't go gaga over this line so it sits at my number three.

11. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Alright here's my list:

1. Sceptile: Mega Sceptile is widely considered a bit of a weaker mega, but put it to good use and it can seriously shred up. It has frightening Sp. Attack, which can be coupled with its ability of Thunder Rod. Wait, how is that a good ability on a mon that already x4 resists electric? Well for a start, it negates most methods of paralysis (No Sell on those Thunder Waves) and can easily be used for switch-in tactics to absorb an electric type move for a boost to your power. Better still, this thing has massive speed. Plus it looks super cool, and that's always a bonus!

2. Swampert: Mega Swampert has a good reason to be high up there as megas go. Mega Swampert is now a staple of most Rain Dance teams, due to its terrifying power and its doubled speed in rain through Swift Swim. Better still, it has a pretty good movepool to cover most weaknesses, and muscles that would make even Arnold Schwarzaneggar a bit jealous!

3. Blaziken: Mega Blaziken suffers in several areas for me. For a start, not only is it good, it's too good. There's a reason it was put in Ubers. Next, I just have a personal distaste of the Blaziken line. I've never really been fond of them, considering day in, day out, it seemed to hog a lot of attention, leaving the other starters a little in the dust, and then with Gen VI and it's mega being revealed before the other two had any, that kinda took the biscuit for me. I understand he can be pretty cool, but I just can't stand using this guy.

12. Robertz

Robertz School Kid

Zekrom Egg
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Mega Sceptile: Awesome design with good typing and moves. My favorite due to it's design and fresh feel.

Mega Blaziken: Pretty nice design, good stats, a little old due to its early release. Not too different from it's original form.

Mega Swampert: Sorry, everyone, I hate normal Swampert but this one is ugly. Mega Swampert does look nicer than the original form, but not by much. I could never stand having this thing in my party.

13. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    So tough. Aesthetically, I love them all so ranking them will be hard to do. Though, coming in third, I'd have to say Sceptile is the weak link of the trio. Sure, it can kill Mega Swampert, but Swampert has better stats, ability, and a pretty damn good move pool. Second, I'd have to say Mega Blaziken. Ability and typing is perfect, but Mega Swampert in my opinion, edges Mega Blaziken out just by a little bit. All three are great Pokémon and enjoy using them.

14. LillyRoyal

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.4
    Mega Sceptile/Mega Swampert honestly they both rank the same to me although Sceptiles mega is a nicer design.

Mega Blaziken. I get that they will be giving pretty much every starter a mega. I really do get it. But Blaziken AKA Overpowered McOPPants is the very last Pokémon to need a mega at all. Mega evolution should help make good Pokémon better not make OP Pokémon god status. I like this mega it just grinds my gears that Blaziken even got one. At the very least they should have reduced the OPness of regular Blazinken to balance.

15. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    1. Mega Sceptile
    Treecko is my favorite starter and although I never let my Grovyle evolve into Sceptile, I still really like Mega Sceptile's design and I like the pose in its sprite for some reason.

2. Mega Blaziken
    I think it looks cool and better than normal Blaziken.

3. Mega Swampert
    It's good but the big arms look a bit odd.

I've never used any of the Mega Starters so I can't say much besides their design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.