1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rate Azure's teams~!

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Shada, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Here's my Rate My Team thread! (And if needed Building Team thread as well!) I'm not the best at competitive battle, but lately, since I've had the time for it, I've been playing at it, and I have to say, I love it! Now, I'd love help with my teams, not that I'm aiming for the ladder or anything, haha, so here goes nothing! I'm trash at EV's, so I'd also like help with that! (If you'd like a further explanation, on what I'm doing, I'd be happy to explain!~)
    There will be more to look in the future, so stay tuned!~ (Look down for OU team.)

My RU team. (Under mass changes)
    [3D='604']
    Eelektross (M) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 92 Def / 28 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Outrage
    This is basically my bulky attacker, as I meddled with the EV's a while back, so it's ok in defense. As for special defense, the Assault Vest covers it, which Eelektross is kinda weak in stat wise.

[3D='560']
    Craft (Scrafty) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 104 HP / 180 Atk / 224 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Poison Jab
    This is usually my starter in most battles of the RU tier.Not many people use Dragon-Dance Scrafty, but it has to be one of my favorites to use competitively. After Dragon Dance, I usually use Drain Punch, or whatnot. I guess you can call this a fast attacker.

[3D='638']
    Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Sword
    - Stone Edge
    - Iron Defense
    - Swords Dance
    Iron Defense and Swords Dance equal amazing-ness. As for Sacred Sword and Stone Edge, it's just 2 attacks, that I think are two different types, depending on what type I face at that time. I feel like Cobalion and Scrafty go hand in hand, and there's not much I can think of improving this Pokémon.

[3D='648']
    Meloetta @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Perish Song
    Another Speed Attacker, but I don't really use Perish Song all that often. I use drain punch a lot, to regain HP, as this doesn't have leftovers, and the move I use the least is Fire Punch. I feel like this goes with Alomomola pretty well.

[3D='655']
    Delphox (F) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Magician
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Flamethrower
    - Sunny Day
    - Solar Beam
    I have no clue what I'm doing with this one here, but I needed a fire type, and with the ability magician goes, if Delphox is statused, I'll probably get another item of some sort! (If you have any other Pokémon to recommend instead of Delphox, I'd love to take it, because I feel like this Pokémon's the worst of the team.)

[3D='594']
    Alomomola @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    You all have probably seen this before, and I call this the stall master. Stalling everything and then killing it with scald. But I'm still not sure if I want to replace Toxic with Substitute, but either way, it's still stalling.

And yea, that's about it from my teams, I'd love your advice!~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Emboar

Emboar Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Okay, for your RU team, the only Pokémon that can really make use of an Air Balloon are Pokémon that are extremely weak to Ground type moves, and since Scrafty isn't weak to Ground, and its defenses are base 115 each, an Air Balloon doesn't really do much for it. I suggest giving it another item, such as Leftovers or a Lum Berry.

Normal form Meloetta is a special attacker and not a physical attacker, so you'd be better off putting special moves on it. I suggest giving it Calm Mind, Psyshock, Hyper Voice, and Shadow Ball/Substitute. Hyper Voice and Psyshock are both STAB moves, which are already strong, and they get the STAB bonus. Calm Mind is for boosting Meloetta's already high special attack and special defense, so it can take out more threats. Shadow Ball is good if you want to take out Steels like Bronzong, and Substitute is good if you want to safely set up Calm Minds.

Since you don't have a hazards setter or Mega on this team, and you're open to replacing Delphox, I suggest Mega Camerupt. It has an interesting typing that makes it immune to burns and paralysis, two things that can threaten your current team. It's also a great special attacker thanks to Sheer Force and its base 145 special attack. If you do decide to use it, I recommend giving it Fire Blast, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, and Toxic/Will-O-Wisp. It should also have a Modest nature since it can't do anything with its Speed. For EVs, I recommend 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, and 4 Special Defense.

Shada likes this.
  3. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Eelektross needs to be a bit more of a Slow-Switcher, giving support to other memebers. It has better coverage and it doesn't loose much between SpAtk and Attack so that doesn't impact it much. It needs Flamethrower over Drain punch for the Mega Steelix making this thing a VERY good lead. Knock off stays the way it is as that makes sure that this thing isn't completely walled by Melloetta. Giga Drain gives it that much-needed recovery to get it through and can be used over outrage which does nothing for the team. The Stats are 252 HP and 248 SpAtk with 8 In attack with a QUIET nature. This means it can slow-switch to bring un a check to the Pokémon an also build up momentum quickly.

Air Balloon is useless on Scrafty and shouldn't be used on it. Leftovers is always better especially with intimidate. You can lead off with Scarfty but people may use that to pull in their Defiant Braviary so it gets the boost and gets a super effective attack. However you can do this to use Eelektross to make the user think twice. Jolly is better if you're running DD and apart from that, scarfty should do well, especially when pared with Eelektross.

Swords Dance works but Iron Defense doesn't. The Nature should be Jolly, Air Balloon can provide that Ground immunity which allows you to set up on Pokémon like dugtrio. The EV's are best in Speed and Attack with a little in defense to have a better chance of tanking an Earthquake. The Set should Be Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, Iron Head and Stone Edge which hits just about everything in the RU meta for Super Effective Damage. Cobalion work well with Eelektross as another good set-up sweeper.

You don't need any more Physical Attackers, at this rate, Granbull will wall your whole team! Melloetta works a VERY good Sub-CM set whih lets you take advanage of Melloetta's amazing bulk and better Special Attack to set up on almost all the special attackers out there in RU and below. Substitute, Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, Psyshock works well. This lets melloetta to avoid status and Set up and hurt even aromatisse with Psyshock. The item is good as leftovers but sitrus berry works well and the EV's are Hp and SpAtk with a modest nature with 4 in SpDef for as much bulk as possible. Also, in the future, physical melloetta is called melloetta-Pirouette and you need the move 'Relic Song' Which boosts its speed, lowers its Defences and boosts its Attack. It also changes typing to Normal-Fighting so you can use a STAB close combat and such.

The Ev's are perfect and Delphox really does work for your team. However Life Orb should always be used over any other item apart from Leftovers sometimes. The ability should be changed to blaze to max out the offensive power. The nature is perfect however Sunny Day doesn't work with Delphox, instead run Dazzling Gleam, Fire Blast, Psyshock, Will-O-Wisp. This not only Lures dark-types but it kills off any sweepers like Hitmonlee who likes to come in on a switch and you can simply burn them.

Good, right, perfect in every way!

Team 2

The only thing is about this team, Klefki screws it over. Try a Pokémon like Serperior for the Contrary and the Hidden power Fire. That's it for that team, apart from that, it works really well!

Thats it, Hope I helped!

~ Bionic

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Shada and toao like this.
  4. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I won't cover your RU team, since I don't have much experience with RU, and I agree with almost all points @[member='Bionic Puppy'] made.

I would suggest changing Expert Belt for something else, like Leftovers, Sitrus Berry, or Chesto Berry (With Rest). Expert Belt doesn't grant any significant damage increase, and with almost non-existent Special Attack investment, you're better going with some items that helps you recover some health, one way or another.
    I suggest using either Hidden Power (Fire or Ice), Pain split, or Rest with Chesto Berry.

You could even use slightly more offensive moveset using Choice Scarf and Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Trick
    - Will-O-Wisp

EV's enable Rotom-Wash to outspeed positive-natured base 150 Pokémon like Mega Aerodactyl and Deoxys-Attack. 252 HP EV's maximize the bulk, while rest are put in Special Attack to enable it hit slightly harder.
    You can use Hidden Power over either Trick or Will-o-Wisp, but remember that with certain types, for example Fire, you should use 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 Spe spread instead, to maintain the speed.

Shada likes this.
  5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Hey guys! I'm doing a tournament with a couple of friends, and I want to build around Vivillon. I still need some sorta help as I'm not the best at competitive, and if I did throw around what smogon's suggested is, it's kinda easy to build around that. The tier is OU.
    Vivillon @ Leftovers
    [3D='666']
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Modest Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Sleep Powder

So, I'm trying to build around this Pokémon, and didn't feel like Energy ball would be right, so instead, I put Giga Drain if someone uses Knock-off. I've seen someone using Substitute instead of Psychic, and I don't know if I should include that as well. I guess you can say this Pokémon's a staller with sleep powder, but it's also considered a special attacker.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed [3D='497']
    Ability: Contrary
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Leaf Storm
    - Wring Out
    Due to the ability Contrary, it raises up stats that were lowered, thus me putting Leaf Storm. I have never competitively used the move reflect, but seeing many people use it in competitive, it must be that good. (I want to replace Wring Out and Dragon Pulse with some move that would lower stats.) It's a fast psychical sweeper.

Sylveon @ Assault Vest [3D='700']
    Ability: Cute Charm
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Moonblast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock
    Sylveon. Is there really that much to explain? XD. This thing's another sweeper. Instead of putting a choice scarf, I put a Assault Vest as Sylveon only has damaging moves.

Weavile @ Sitrus Berry [3D='461']
    Ability: Pickpocket
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Brick Break
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Poison Jab
    Another attacker. Honestly I can switch this for any other Pokémon in the OU tier, I really just need it for the type, not that this has any Ice type moves.
    Brick Break gets rid of reflect on the other side, Poison Jab is just for a status effect move.

Jirachi @ Shell Bell [3D='385']
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - U-turn
    - Ancient Power
    Jirachi's the only one that's really psychically defensive. I would mostly use Wish and then change to the Pokémon with low health, U-turn's also a good move to do as I switch. As for Ancient Power, that's the only real attack move I liked, and I think can do some damage if I put the attack stat higher. Should I change one of these moves to substitute?

Garchomp @ Garchompite [3D='445']
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Tail
    Another fast attacker.
    I'm thinking of keeping the Garchompite, although Rough Skin+Rocky Helmet can do a lot of damage for psychical attackers.
    As for Swords Dance, I would use that first, then one of the three attacks. Dragon Tail I would mostly use for the opponent to switch Pokémon.
    It's not the best at my teams, but it isn't the worst I've made. XD

6. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I find at least one thing wrong on every of your Pokémon, I'm not even kidding. Well, let's start with Vivillon.

While the idea behind the set isn't bad, but for some reason, you aren't using any STAB moves, especially Hurricane, which normally low accuracy is boosted thanks to Compound Eyes, also Timid would be the more favorable nature it, since it let's Vivillon outspeed Pokémon Like Hoopa-Unbound, Altaria, and Excadrill.

So the set would it look like this:
    Vivillon @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Hurricane
    - Giga Drain
    - Sleep Powder

Now to Serperior. You should replace the Miracle Seed with Light Clay, to increase the duration of Reflect and Light Screen, which should replace Wring Out. Other than that, I see no problems with the set, however, you could use Hidden Power Fire/Ice/Rock/Ground over Light Screen, if you really feel that you can easily take Special Attacks.

Serperior @ Light Clay
    Ability: Contrary
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Leaf Storm
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Light Screen

Now to Sylveon. First of all, why you have Hyper Voice, when you aren't using Pixilate, which you should use. Now, if you're going to use Pixilate, Moonblast is close to useless, sure It can lower the targets Special Attack, but generally you want to deal more damage, and Sylveon is pretty slow, thus not being able to reduce the damage in time. You should replace the other one with Hidden Power Ground to hit Heatran. The set I recommend is

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Hyper Beam
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY USE A FRAIL Pokémon FOR IT'S TYPING! okay? well, if you really need Dark/Ice type, then why aren't you using Ice type moves on it? since there are quite many things wrong with the set, I don't even want to correct every one of them.

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

- Icicle Crash
    - Knock Off
    - Brick Break / Low Kick
    - Pursuit / Ice Shard

If it's the Dark type you need, You could try Hoopa-Unbound or Mega Sableye.
    First a set for Hoopa-Unbound.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Assault Vest
    Ability: Magician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Hyperspace Fury
    - Gunk Shot
    - Grass Knot
    - Drain Punch / Fire Punch / Ice Punch

And for Mega Sableye,

Sableye @ Sablenite
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Foul Play

For the Jirachi, there isn't much wrong with it, except for the item, and for the Ancient Power. Shell Bell is unable to grant Jirachi any noticeable recovery, and since this is for OU tier, there isn't item clause, so there is no excuse for not using Leftovers. All the Pokémon that Ancient Power hits for significant damage, are able to deal massive amount damage to Jirachi, or even outright OHKO it, examples being both Charizards, Talonflame and Volcarona. They all can use their powerful Fire Type attacks to roast Jirachi. For this reason, I recommend using either Iron Head, a reliable STAB move, or with Body Slam for good, 60% chance to Paralyze the target. And naturally, with these chances, you should use Careful Nature.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head

Now, I'll leave three potential sets for Garcomp, one for the mega, and two for non-mega.

First, for the Mega Chomp.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

then for the non-megas

First one is the tank chomp.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
    EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Fire Blast

then, there is a more offensive one

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Swords Dance

Since I'm too lazy to write, you can go to http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/garchomp/ to read about these garchomp sets.

Edit. I noticed so many different things about your team that needs to be changed, I originally focused on the sets alone, so somehow glaring weakness to Ice and Fire didn't catch my eyes.

So, I'll make quite drastic changes to this team, which may result in the change of the whole playstyle, so I didn't just blindly delete what I wrote previously. I'll still keep the vivillon, and obviously try to pick the Pokémon that work well with it, since it's supposed to be the main star of the team. I'll update this once the "new" team is ready.

Edit 2:

Vivillon @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Hurricane
    - Giga Drain / Bug Buzz
    - Sleep Powder

This is your best bet at using Vivillon in OU, Giga Drain vs Bug Buzz is just Survivabilty vs Power. Try to safe your Vivillon until Pokémon that threaten it are taken care of, such as Klefki (Prankster Thunder Wave), Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Talonflame.

Sableye @ Sablenite
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Foul Play / Toxic / Taunt / Icy Wind / Low Sweep

This is quite standard Mega Sableye, Knock Off is all-round useful move to have, and Will-o-Wisp and Recover generally must have moves for Sableye. The last move is up to your personal preference. Foul Play provides good, reliable damage, while toxic is good against Fire types switch in. Taunt is there to stop set-up and Icy Wind and Low Sweep both lower the targets accurary.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

Hippowdon is a good wall, and reliable Stealth Rocker. Earthquake is for STAB and Slack off is for recovery. Whirlwind is good for racking up hazard damage, and helps against set-up sweepers. Other good options to replace it are Stone Edge and Toxic.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Acid Spray
    - Toxic Spikes

Since Vivillon is 4x weak to Rock, and Stealth Rock being quite popular in OU, you need at least one Spinner or Defogger, this is where Tentacruel comes in. It can spin away those pesky rocks on your side of field, without removing your own hazards on your opponents side of field. Scald is a good STAB move and has decent chance to Burn your opponents Pokémon. Acid Spray can be used to scare away Fairy-types and it also helps against Calm Mind users. Toxic Spikes are good for spreading either normal poison or Toxic poison, you can use Toxic instead if you wish so.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Power Whip

Here is another wall. Ferrothorn is good for setting up Spikes. It can also heal itself through Leech Seed and Protect, while dealing decent damage with Power Whip. You can replace either Power whip or Protect with Gyro Ball if you wish to deal with Fairy types more reliably.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Will-O-Wisp

The underestimated Rotom form. While it also has weakness to Rock, it has good typing to deal with Talonflame, Charizard Y and Volcarona, which all are Pokémon that Vivillon doesn't like without prior set up, but even with multiple Quiver Dances, Talonflame is still able to OHKO Vivillon with Brave Bird. Otherwise, this is a standard defensive Rotom-Heat, which plays quite similarly to Defensive Rotom-Wash, but of course checks and counters different Pokémon.

Shada likes this.
  7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Some of your abilities and natures imply that you're using in-game Pokémon that you've previously bred. Is this the case? I ask because we can then give you a little more streamlined advice for those particular Pokémon.

Shada likes this.
  8. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    I've bred Vivllion, but not the others as of yet.
    I also plan on using this on showdown, although I haven't really thought about it yet, XD.

9. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Adding on to Turnips edits, Substitute Quiver dance Sleep Powder Mono-attacker is Vilvvilon is quite good. That Serperior's reflect might just work on that team thanks to Quiver Dance Raising SpDef and not Def.

Apart from that, Well done [member='Nauris'] I love those sets!

Grabbed

10. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I don't know why you haven't suggested for me to use any of these teams in Showdowns of Valor; they all look really interesting and creative. I definitely like what I'm seeing. I hope you continue to impress me in the future.

Shada likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.