1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rate My Team Rate my Good team...

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Pory-ZPlayz, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    ok and my team:

Lopunny @ lopunnite
    EVs: perfect attack/ perfect speed
    Moves:
    1: shadow ball
    2: sky uppercut
    3: thunderbolt
    4: agility

Ribombee @ protective pads
    Evs: perfect sp attk/ perfect speed
    Moves:
    1: moonblast
    2: big buzz
    3: quiver dance
    4: psychic

Lurantis @ miracle seed
    EVs: perfect hp/ good sp def/ decent defense
    Moves:
    1: petal blizzard
    2: leaf storm
    3: brick break
    4: synthesis

Gorebyss @ kings rock
    Evs: perfect sp attk/ perfect speed
    Moves:
    1: scald
    2: shell smash
    3: Ice beam

Primarina @ Primarium Z
    EVs: all around
    Moves:
    1: shadow ball
    2: sparkling aria
    3: dazzling gleam

Latias @ rocky helmet
    Evs: perfect defense/ all the rest decent
    Moves:
    1: thunderbolt
    2: dragon pulse
    3: recover

And that’s my team. Feel free to rate it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Why would you give Lopunny Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball when it's Attack is so much better than it's Special Attack? And it's fast enough to not need Agility. Two Water types, two Fairy types, and Protective Pads are also major drawbacks. Other than the Lopunny moveset though, it should be fine for a playthrough, but if you plan on battling anyone, or beating Ultra Necrozma, you will need to change a few things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pory-ZPlayz

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    i already beat the game

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    As a big fan of Mega Lopunny, I agree with this entirely. Focus on that physical attack, bro. I'm not saying my Mega Lopunny is perfect, but what I have is Dizzy Punch, (High) Jump Kick, (element) Punch, and Healing Wish. The beautiful thing is, with just Dizzy Punch and the High Jump Kick combined with Scrappy, Mega Lopunny can hit literally any Pokémon for neutral-or-better STAB damage. Not to be underestimated, so I like to save him for last to close a tight fight with good speed.

Ribombee: Seems pretty solid, but you can do better with the held item. Protective Pads are half as useful on a Special Attacker than they are on anyone else. A physical fighter with contact moves can make better use of them. Might I advise a Z-crystal for one of its offensive moves, perhaps Psychium-Z?

Lurantis: Two strong Grass attacks both each with their own drawbacks seems redundant. My advice: keep Leaf Storm if you go with Contrary as an ability (that +2 special attack stacks really fast) and replace Petal Blizzard with X-Scisor or Slash for more options in attacking types without resistance; or if you go with Leaf Guard as an ability replace both Grass attacks with Solar Blade and Sunny Day.

Gorebyss: I'm not a fan of Shell Smash, but Gorebyss is a good special attacker. Maybe move Lopunny's or Primarina's Shadow Ball here? Otherwise good for a versatile attacker.

Primarina: Primarina seems redundant with Gorebyss and Ribombee around, though I would understand replacing Gorebyss instead. If you insist on keeping the roster as it is (I don't recommend that), then how about Aqua Ring for survivability or Perish Song for... the opposite of that? For candidates for replacing, how about Jynx or Nidoqueen or Vespiquen? All of those add some type diversity while sticking to the 'theme' you established. Out of those, I prefer Nidoqueen.

Latias: This one's also pretty solid.

So here's the thing: your team can get absolutely wrecked by a Flying, Poison, or Fairy type. Your Ice beam and Thunderbolt can counter a flying, and your spam of Psychic might work against poison -unless- your opponent decides to use a few Darks to ruin your day, and Fairy can be tough to counter. I think Nidoqueen might fit your needs as a replacement for Primarina or Gorebyss (but probably Primarina): Earth Power for the Poisons, another Thunderbolt or Ice Beam for the Flyings, Sludge Bomb for the Fairies, and maybe Substitute plus Leftovers for durability. Just make sure you go with a Nature and IV/EVs geared toward Special attack in this case.

5. Pory-ZPlayz

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    i'm thinking about using a goodra. who should i replace, and what item should it hold, and what should be its moveset

changes:

gave lopunny bounce, dizzy punch, and charm

gave lurantis solar blade and sunny day

gave ribombee buganium z instead of protective pads

goreybss is the same

latias is the same

added nidoqueen instead of primarina

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
    Move 1: earth power
    move 2: ice beam
    move 3: sludge bomb
    move 4: substitute
    ability: sheer force
    perfect hp and perfect defense ivs (i tried to get perfect sp atk)

#5 Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
  6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Goodra might be a good addition, but it might be worth mentioning not only that Nidoqueen has Sheer Force, but also that Lurantis has Leaf Guard.

If you're replacing Primarina with Nidoqueen, my next candidate for someone to drop in favor of Goodra might be Gorebyss. Goodra gets some pretty solid offensive water moves (muddy water and water pulse are both nice, I aim more for water pulse unless I'm fighting doubles). Goodra's offensive stats aren't too stellar, but has some good defense. I've never used Goodra, but how about:
    - Toxic
    - Protect (to survive longer while Toxic does its work)
    - Water Pulse (for Water attacking, and confusion is nice)
    - Dragon Breath/Pulse (Pulse is stronger, but breath can paralyze. Paralysis is no good if the opponent is already poisoned though, so I'm leaning to Pulse).
    As for ability, take your pick between gooey and sap sipper. No use taking hydration unless you also have a rain-dancer, and I wouldn't recommend relying on Sunny Day and Rain Dance both in the same team.
    I might put more EV and Nature emphasis on physical defense to make up for that shortcoming and reducing speed, since poison damage from toxic happens at the end of the turn anyway.

So yeah. Keep in mind I've never used Goodra before, and that I mostly advise replacing Gorebyss, but it's your choice. Might want to get some anti-ice attacks in your team though, with Goodra, Lurantis, Nidoqueen, and Latias all having a weakness. Ice Types are generally fragile though, so a fighting-type move from quick Mega Lopunny might be enough to keep everyone safe.

7. Pory-ZPlayz

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Ok will do in the morning

It wouldn't make sense to have dragon breath because of toxic

Changes:

replaced gorebyss with goodra

Goodra @ king's rock
    bold nature
    almost perfect sp attk and def evs; some speed evs
    move 1: toxic
    move 2: protect
    move 3: water pulse
    move 4: dragon pulse
    ability: gooey

#7 Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  8. Pory-ZPlayz

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    i haven't been winning that much battles, so any suggestions of another mon i should use?

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Ok, here's my evaluation from using the most recent team format.
    Lopunny needs work, EV's are fine but it's moveset has to change. First off, you need Return. Return is Lopunny's main STAB of choice hitting hard with 102 Base Power with max happiness. Hi Jump Kick is a must have on Lopunny. It hits hard, has nice accuracy and it's nearly unresisted thanks to Scrappy. Fake Out is a great utility, especially when something has been knocked out on your side. Lastly, Ice Punch hits everything else that Return or HJK doesn't hit.
    Lopunny Changes
    Moveset:
    -Dizzy Punch Return
    -Sky Uppercut Hi Jump Kick
    -Charm Fake Out
    -Bounce Ice Punch

Ribombee is alright but I'd like to do something with it that will help your team a lot, speed control. How do we do that? Sticky Web. Give Ribombee a Focus Sash and always lead with it. Quiver Dance with Moonblast and Bug Buzz as attacking moves complement the set really well. EV's are fine.
    Ribombee Changes
    Item: Focus Sash
    Moveset:
    -Bug Buzz
    -Moonblast
    -Quiver Dance
    -Psychic Sticky Web

Personally I wouldn't even use Lurantis because there are better Grass types that complement your team a lot better. If there's a Pokémon that needs replaced, it's this one and Latias. So I'll provide some good substitutes. Tapu Bulu is the perfect 'mon for this team as it has all the raw physical power you are lacking and some really nice bulk as well. This is gonna be your Z-User or you could opt for an Assault Vest or Choice Band set but let's go with this set for now
    Tapu Bulu
    Item: Grassium Z
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Horn Leech
    - Superpower
    - Synthesis
    This set can tank damage and heal it all back with Synthesis. Horn Leech does nasty damage when in Grassy Terrain and you basically have a free KO with a Grassy Terrain boosted Bloom Doom. If you switch into an opponent's water type, just Swords Dance, they are going to switch out guaranteed and you get a massive boost to your attack. Don't let Bulu die if there is something that you cannot handle.

As for Latias' replacement, let's go with Tentacruel. We don't want a defogger because that would get rid of RIbombee's Sticky Web. Tentacruel adds a much needed specially defensive backbone to your team. We'll go with this set.
    Tentacruel
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Haze or Toxic
    - Toxic Spikes or Toxic
    This set is designed to handle your opponent's special attackers and to spin away hazards that your team doesn't like. Haze can be used to deny Pokémon from setting up on you and two uses of Toxic Spikes means that all grounded Pokémon get badly poisoned. If you don't want that, you could replace either with Toxic.

Nidoqueen is fine where it is I don't recommend you change that.

Goodra needs an overhaul. Use a Choice Specs set with Goodra and change the ability to Sap Sipper, Gooey isn't that good. Sap Sipper denies Leech Seed and Spore so it allows you to wreak havoc on the opposition if they attempt to stall you out.
    Goodra
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Wave
    You could substitute Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse to allow Goodra to stay in longer but other than that this is the set you generally want on Goodra.

Your team isn't invincible, it still has threats but this should make this team a whole lot better. I hope I helped!