1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Re-capturing Released Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Nator, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, we had the opportunity to capture all of N's "released" Pokémon if you linked your original Black and White games with their sequels.
    But what if... in future installments; when you as the trainer, released your Pokémon, were able to re-encounter it in the wild? Would you like this idea? Should you regain the Ball you caught it in if you did decide to release it? Maybe if they went with this idea, the released Pokémon could only be encountered in certain areas like a Safari Zone? Maybe a special Key Item you'd receive in the game would allow you to enable your search for released Pokémon (you'd be able to turn it on and off much like the Exp. Share). Much like N's Pokémon, the Mons you did release would have some special flashing indicator letting you know it's one of the Pokémon you released.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you like or dislike the idea? Anything you'd do to improve this feature? If you disapprove or don't agree, then why? Discuss below!

2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It has a unique flair, but it's easily exploitable. Like the comic where the kid gets a charmander, trains and battles with it until it finally evolves to a level 100 charazard, and then releases it on route one to destroy new trainers. Likely in order to counter this, they would be level capped to the area they were released in (the routes outside of the town with the PC most likely, that's something you'd need to work out) and certain Pokémon would likely be unable to encounter this way, such as legendaries. It could be a fun street pass feature though, maybe even for the black and white remakes that will eventually come.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sachi-Shimazu likes this.
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    It would really be quite a cool feature if we could get something like this. I understand that the level gap would need to be fixed, so I think that the friend safari idea really goes really well with this.

N's Pokémon were really cool and interesting to find, tho :)

I see a problem. If you are releasing for a Nuzlocke... you'll find your dead Pokémon haunting everybody. I know of course that the Nuzlocke is a fan thing and most people just put the dead ones in the PC... but still. :o

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    actually, that could be an interesting wrinkle for a nuzlocke, you'd be able to capture the reincarnation of a former comrade

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    On one hand, it's an amazing idea, but on the other, there's a thing called breeding extras.
    There are people who breed Pokémon who release hundreds to thousands of extra Pokémon that they didn't really want. Imagine all those level 1 Pokémon roaming around. Recapturing could be extremely hard depending on the type of ball, or how high level your Pokémon is.

6. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    That me.

I'm one of those people who releases their extras into the wild. While the idea sounds fantastic, I'd also be wading through a bunch of baby level 1 Pokémon to try ti find the one I actually want.

7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    You could always add a seperate release tag, but I personally think it would be more interesting to do it as a thing for other players than something you could find, why would you want a Pokémon you released?

8. Palamon

Palamon Silence is Purple

Guren
    (Azelf)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽59.6
    Tbh, wouldn't like that. If a Pokémon is released, it's gone forever, no getting it back. But, I'd like it if I could catch other people's released Pokémon, just not my own again. Now that would be cool because it'll make you realize not all Pokémon were always wild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.