1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Real life ghost encounters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wolf Expert, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Do you believe in ghosts?

1. yes

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. not sure

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've had a few ghost encounters, as have other family members (my mother actually lived in a haunted house near Moss Vale NSW for a few years before I was born). Anyway, here are my most memorable encounters.
    • So, in my previous house my sister and I shared a room. The Room itself wasn't that big, and both of our beds were on the opposite wall from each other, my sister's being closest to the door. Anyway, my sister had a fear of the room that connected our bedroom to the rest of the house (think of it like a hallway, but not). So my mother got us a lock for our door so at night so my sister felt more safe. Every night I'd lock the door from inside the room while my sister watched. This one night was no different. Locked the door, sister watched, turned the lights off, went to bed. Done. Well, at some point in the middle of the night I must have had a dream or something that woke me up. I remember waking up under the covers and seeing a bright glow through them. Obviously I thought it was the morning and that was the sunlight coming into the room. I couldn't have been more wrong. As I pulled the covers from my head I noticed something was off about the light. It had a slight greenish hue, and it didn't seem to be coming from the window. It wasn't until I had totally pulled the covers from my face that I realised where it was coming from. In the middle of the room, about 3 feet above the floor was this hovering bright light, about 2-3 feet in diameter. About the brightness of a torch. I took a quick look at it and though "NOPE" and dived under the covers again. I sat their thinking of what it could have been, with my first thought being that someone was in our room with a torch. Then I remembered the lock. How could they get in? It was locked from the inside. After a few minutes of sitting their scared shitless, I decided to be brave and peek out from under the covers, to see who it may have been. So I done just that, and created a little 'hole' in my blanket. The light was still there and as I looked at it I noticed something. There was no one standing there... The light was practically illuminating the entire room, so if someone was there holding the light I would have seen them for sure. But, nope. No one. No silhouette behind the light. Nothing. This light was just there floating on its own, silently. That was enough for me. I closed the hole and just sat there in complete fear, trying not to move a muscle. At some point I must have fallen back to sleep, and when I woke up it was morning. I rushed over to the door, and it was still locked shut. I woke my sister up and asked if she had seen it as well, but she didn't. She slept through the whole thing. I still don't know what exactly what it was that I saw, but my mother thinks it might have been a guardian angel of sorts. I saw it one more time a few months later, but that was the last time it appeared.
    • In the same house I was home alone one day, while my mother and siblings were out shopping. I guess I thought I was being tough by staying at home. Anyway, I was sitting on one of the couches which was facing my bathroom, with the door open at the time (so I had a clear view into the bathroom, and also the backyard, since the back door came off the bathroom and was also open at the time). Now, there was also another room that came of the bathroom, a spare room that eventually became my bedroom at some point later on. The door to this room was placed to the left of the bathroom door, and could see it from my current position on the couch. So now that I've (terribly) explained the setting, on to the actual story. So, I was sitting their reading a book about dinosaurs or some shit and I decided to look up from the book to give my eyes a break. I looked into the bathroom to see if I could see any of my cats in there. I was looking for maybe 15 seconds or so, when all of a sudden this shadow made its way past the door from the right and entered the spare bedroom on the left. This all happened in a matter of seconds. The shadow itself was pretty solid, and was a very vague outline of a person (I could only make out a head and a blobby body). It actually reminded me a bit of dementors from HP. Also this thing floated. No walking motion at all. It just 'gracefully' hovered past the door. Obviously I was in awe of what I just saw and I sat their for about a minute until it what had happened finally sunk in. Terrified, I ran out the front door and sat in the driveway until the family arrived from shopping, which was about 30 mins later. Never saw it again in the house.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm not sure whether or not this was a ghost type thing or not but when I was little (I think 5 or so). I was in the living room in our house and I was setting it up (It was tiny pieces of an MLP set). Then one of the pieces started floating in the air and landed where I was going to put it. I went and told my mother about it and she told me to not worry about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Okay, thinking back, there's this one time I got really weirded out by something in my house. I was about 7 or 8 years old, just sitting in the living room watching TV, when out of the corner of my eye, I see the righthand tower speaker hooked up to the TV just fall. Like, the doors were closed and no one else was in the room, it just tipped, and not so lightly either, it fell flat on its face like it had been kicked. It had a pretty wide base (I wanna say about 16 inches) and nothing was stacked on it, so I have no idea why it fell with such force. Never happened again, but I have no idea what could've caused it to do that.

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Since there are so many new people around and I first made this thread for Halloween, I figured I'd try to give this thread a bit of a revival. So! Anyone have some spooky ghost encounters they'd like to share?

I feel like I should contribute something. Back in my freshman year of college, there was a cabinet door in my room that kept opening on its own. A friend of mine thought that maybe it was just broken and was swinging open on its own, but I showed her that it had a magnetic "lock" on it that held it shut. You'd have to use a little force to actually open it. I also had an open bottle of water on my desk once and there was this sudden noise like someone had smacked it and it started shaking back and fourth. I was sitting right next to it and saw it happen. If it was closed and there was something carbonated in it, I would say that maybe it just happened on its own, but it was just water and the bottle was open. It was really weird.

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    In the first page I mentioned living in a 3 room apartment. Now I'm preparing to move out, and have had minor oddities occur. Beyond feeling watched, having the dogs bark at nothing, and strange noises, I have found one of my perfume bottles almost empty.
    I don't use perfume often, and this one I didn't use. It was in its box, not touched for years. I'm sure that there's a ...logical reason for this, but it just weirds me out because the perfume belonged to mom.

6. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I tend to walk the line between skeptic and believer. On one hand, the human imagination is a deeply powerful thing, and--unfortunately--our brains are flawed, as advanced as they may be. Sometimes we trick ourselves into seeing things that just aren't there.

However, I also believe that the universe as a whole is way too big and complicated to separate things into black and white categories about what is "real" and "not real." Time and time again we've discovered things previously thought to be impossible were, in fact, not. Magic is just a word for what we cannot explain with science, and there's a whole boatload of things we can't explain at all, that nonetheless are present and tangible.

Most of the stories I have occurred when I was very little, and I'm more or less convinced they were all just visions constructed by an imagination that I would describe as a bit of a loose cannon. Most of them aren't particularly dramatic but they're still fun to talk about.

So my first one involves ants. I was extremely young at the time so I don't know if I was awake or just having a weird dream--my memory of the event is pretty fuzzy. But one night I walked into my room and saw an ant on my bed. It was big and I was really scared of bugs, so I squished it immediately. But then there was another one. And another. And another, until suddenly there was a whole bunch of them walking around in a circle on the floor. They were all marching around this weird vortex of blue light that had a mirror-like shine to it. That's the best way I can describe it, anyway. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again I was still standing exactly where I was, but the ants were gone. The light on the floor was gone, too. I never saw anything like it ever again.

After my family moved to a bigger house, a lot of weird things happened over time. Little things, but they scared me regardless. I would frequently hear things that no one else did. Like my name being called, or a terrifying scream, or whispering. One time I woke up and saw an old man peering at me from behind a half-open door. I blinked and he was gone. I would hear people talking about me when no one was around--brief little snippets of off-hand remarks or praise.

My creepiest story is when I got up to get a drink of water. I heard the floorboards of the stairs creaking (our house was old, so you could hear people walking around upstairs even if they were tiptoeing) and a woman's voice whispering "little boy," as if she was calling for my little brother. I thought it was my mom at first, but when I went out to look, I didn't see anyone. I even walked around and saw no one upstairs even though I could still hear her voice and her steps. I asked my mom about it the next day and she looked really confused and told me she'd been asleep the whole night. That kept me awake for days.

EDIT: I just remembered this one. Another moment from when I was really little. So, a little context: I have always hated sleeping in the dark. I need a source of light or else I get really scared and anxious and can't sleep at all. This story is a huge part of the reason why.

So I was visiting my grandparents. I had my own room in their house, and I loved that room. It was warm and comfy, and it had this round window at the top near the ceiling, like those really pretty ones in the movies where shafts of light shine down during the day. Well, at night, that room was pitch dark. I usually got to sleep with a nightlight but my family wanted to ween me off of it since they considered fear of the dark one of those immature traits that had to be outgrown. So they took my light away.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't really relax. Not being able to see anything meant I had to listen to my surroundings to get a read on them, and it was mostly quiet as you'd expect. Crickets outside, the deafening silence of a home in the countryside, all that stuff. There was a bad case of tinnitis in my ears after a while, like this really low-pitched, pervasive ringing that wouldn't stop. It had a very quick, pulsing rhythm. Suddenly there was this really sharp sound, I don't know how to describe it other than it being very abrupt and short. I sort of panicked and looked around the room and I saw this silhouette, like a person wearing a military helmet, just standing above me by my bed. I screamed and jumped off the bed, fleeing the room. He didn't chase me.

My grandparents checked the room with a flashlight and found nothing. The window wasn't broken, or anything like that. Nothing was out of place. I've insisted on keeping a light nearby when I sleep to this day. I don't want to wake up to something I can't see after weird noises (which still happen to me sometimes) like that ever again. That was pure terror.

I don't really experience stuff like this anymore. Mostly all that really happens is that I see spiders when I wake up sometimes. I have actually discussed these events with a psychologist and she told me sensory hallucinations like the ones I experienced aren't really all that uncommon. Everyone gets them. Just because I have a few stories that can't exactly be explained away like that doesn't mean I have any cause for concern, either. Still, the stories I can't explain are generally the ones I put the most stock in as a "paranormal" experience. Nowadays I mostly just have really weird nightmares sometimes and I'm content with simple dream interpretation. Actual ghost hunting seems a little too intense for me.

#26 Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  7. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    My old room had a mirror on the closet that could be moved in or out with ease. One evening I turned around and saw a woman sitting on my bed in said mirror. When I looked at my actual bed, nothing was there.

8. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I do believe that there are some kind of entities out there. I haven't personally had an experience, but my older sister has. My sister has always been sensitive to the pain of others, and when she was a little kid she used to get really distressed because she saw some spirits. I don't think they ever bothered her directly, but they were bothering another smaller spirit. After this happened a couple of times my parents got some people from the local church to bless the house, and I don't think my sister was bothered by spirits again after that.

9. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    my girlfriend says her & her family can feel spiritual presences, especially that of their deceased family members. I mean, it's not that I don't believe it...but when she tells me her aunt is knocking at the door at 3 am it freaks the shit out of me lol

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Not sure if it can be called real life ghost encounters bcoz I saw them in my dream.
    One was The Conjuring's main ghost and other was The Conjuring 2's Valak.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I've never encountered or experienced ghosts of any kind. To be honest, I'd probably end up ignoring them, too.

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Hey, here's a thread I forgot to bring back for this year! Something spooky just happened to me, so I guess I'll bring this thread back to life for spook month.

I just saw a video on YouTube about the Weeping Angels in the Doctor Who series, and it reminded me of how I got into the series to begin with. I have this little angel statuette that I inherited from a relative who passed away. I'm not even really sure who she was, someone distant, but I ended up with a lot of little figurines, including the angel. So the thing about this angel statuette is that it moves on its own. Sometimes it'll just turn to face a different orientation, other times it will move to a completely different location. When I mentioned this to a friend years ago, he said it was a Weeping Angel and told me about the angels in Doctor Who. I thought it sounded cool, so I started watching the series.

So now, years later, I was reminded about the angel statuette when I saw the Weeping Angels video and I realized that I actually hadn't seen it in a long time. I decided to go looking for it because I thought I'd have nightmares if I didn't know where it was. I had put it inside of a glass cabinet when I did a really thorough clean of my room a couple years ago, but it wasn't there anymore. My room is kind of small though, so it didn't take too long to find it. It was hiding behind my bookshelf. Its nose got chipped too. For some reason, both of my dogs would randomly walk over to the bookshelf and sniff around it sometimes, even though they usually don't bother going over to that end of the room at all. I'm thinking now they might have noticed the angel back there. I put it on top of the bookshelf, and hopefully it stays there.

Also, I could have sworn it was laying down on it's side the last time I saw it, and now it's kneeling? I'm probably misremembering that part though.