1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Red Gyarados

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 29, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    What did you do with the red Gyarados found north of Mahogany Town in the Lake of Rage? Knocked out? Caught? Used on your team? Boxed?

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yeah, I caught it. I mean, even though it's the least special shiny Pokémon in existence, it's still a shiny, and I don't want to miss out on that! I can't say I used it every time though xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Kept it and used it. Once it learned the right moves, it proved to be a real tank. I think he took out two of Lance's Pokémon all by himself.

Plus shiny.

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I caught it! Depending on the game though, I either boxed it or used it... I never used it in the GSC games though.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I think I used it the first time I played Silver, I don't think I used it any other times than then in GSC.

6. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I don't think I ever finished Pokémon Silver.

I did finish Heart Gold though, and I did catch it, only for it to be forever boxed.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have three of these xD But I did only use the first one on my team for a while.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I caught it and boxed it. I didn't want the precious shiny to die and hate me. (4 year old self's thoughts)

9. Nocturne

Nocturne Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I caught it for aesthetic reasons, though I only used it once or twice depending on the game. Even though anyone can get it, its a shiny (and most importantly a very special shiny to my childhood) and its a Gyarados. I'm more of a fan of normal Gyarados honestly though, because its blue.

I'd kinda feel weird knocking it out, since "in-game event" Pokémon like that I have a tradition to always catch even if I'm not going to use it.

10. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Shiny Pokémon, so I caught it. However, I had a better Gyarados to use and I permaboxed it.

11. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I used that Pokémon even to wash the car xD (Was my first shiny in that game and i was in love of him xD). After that I leave it in the box because i always trained all the Pokes and then i returned them to their box, i enjoyed the game with all..to many memories :')

12. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    As I did with the majority of Pokémon that I hadn't caught yet in the wild, I caught Red Gyarados, but always kept it in the box. True, there are other Gyarados in the game, but I always caught this one as this was really a "hard-coded" Shiny "encounter" (given the "clickclickclickclickclick" upon start of the battle).

13. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    The first time I caught the Red Gyarados was in Gold version, and I kept it on my team as an HM buddy, lmao. Having to teach something Surf, Waterfall, AND Whirlpool was extremely annoying so I just threw them on this guy, along with Strength I think.

If I'm not using him for HMs, he'll probably be boxed. I don't really like Gyarados much honestly ;c

14. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I always caught it and more often than not I would have it be one of the stronger members on my team. I really enjoyed sending it out to battle to see its stars glitter.

15. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'm pretty sure I used it as an HM slave back in Silver, haha. It wasn't my first shiny, either- I had already caught a shiny Unown V at that point, even if I didn't know exactly what it was. I also had a Suicune on my team when I caught it, so it just kind of fell back as my Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall user because I already had a Water-type.

16. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I would ALWAYS catch it, obviously for its shininess. Never seemed to use it, though. I only caught it every time because I felt the game wouldn't be complete if I didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.