1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Must Read Regarding the Recent Bans

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Wolf Expert, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Some of you may have noticed a significant number of people who have been banned recently, so this post is to explain how that all came about. To start off, I just want to say that this is a horrible situation that no one wanted to happen, but in the end this was the best option. Some time ago, the Admins became aware of a secret server that had been set up on Discord, which in large part was used to bash members of the Admin team as well as a few other staff members and LV users. As a result, Morgaine, Cadbberry, Getus, and Awney have all received permanent bans while, for his honesty regarding the situation, Hraesvelgr has been demoted and given a temporary ban.

I know that there’s likely to be a lot of confusion and hurt over this, so hopefully this thread will help to clear some of that up. I volunteered to make this announcement myself as someone not a part of either the secret server or the Admin team, who were the primary targets in this situation. I observed the conversations between the Admins leading up to this and participated to a small extent, giving feedback where I thought appropriate, and I also saw the screenshots from their server. So for the sake of transparency, I’m going to share some of those screenshots here, from both the server and the conversations with the Admins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Names of non-admins have been censored for privacy. Jazz=Hraesvelgr, Sia=Morgaine, Marc=Getus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some more examples of things that were said on the server. Some things had to be copy/pasted because the Admins were initially being kicked very quickly from the server.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jazz04/24/2018
    I'm surprised al lthree on on right now, I tought Ryan was usually off aroudn this time
    Marc04/24/2018
    and peer pressure Cad into joining
    Ryan's always around
    Sia04/24/2018
    Ryan is in Europe apparently
    Marc04/24/2018
    Lovely
    Sia04/24/2018
    I hope comes here so I can kick him
    Marc04/24/2018
    Hope he goes to Australia
    Then we rarely have to deal with him
    Jazz04/24/2018
    OH, last he was in asian I think, is hard to keep up when he's traveling thw eorld
    Sia04/24/2018
    He went to Europe yesterday
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Aaaah
    I was running around like a headless chicken yesterday to catch up
    Marc04/24/2018
    Travels so much yet can't afford to go back to america
    Wut
    Sia04/24/2018
    Traveling is cheaper than living in Cali according to him shrug
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Depends heavily on where you're going really
    Marc04/24/2018
    Tbh I think he's full of shit
    Just wants pity points
    Sia04/24/2018
    Hm, I don’t have to appear in class tomorrow, but I should go I think.

Marc04/24/2018
    Oh god they made [redacted] DMod?
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Yup
    Marc04/24/2018
    ..this will go well
    Jazz04/24/2018
    I don't think there's anythign to worry about really
    Marc04/24/2018
    Idk
    I've never seen him take things seriously
    And it's just gonna be another admin lackey
    Jazz04/24/2018
    I'm rarely ever serious outside places is needed and if he turns out to not be a good fit they'll probably remove him
    Marc04/24/2018
    Idk I don't trust them to make the right call anymore
    Jazz04/24/2018
    But they're not alone in makign those calls, granted they have the last word and I agreed with [redacted] on Discord mod. Jus tcant' see him ever be more than that because of him not really being on the forum anymore
    Marc04/24/2018
    Yeah
    Idk just wary about it
    Oh well
    Not my problem
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Nope
    Gonna be my headache

Sia04/24/2018
    Wait, [redacted] is a DMod now?
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Yup
    Sia04/24/2018
    I never thought they would ever go for it...
    Jazz04/24/2018
    Me neither tbh, but I did agree with them I think he'll do fine, just probably won't go further unless he really starts being on the forum for more than sneezing a mountain of topics before disappearing again
    Sia04/24/2018
    Yeah, true
    Marc04/24/2018
    ..staring at that animal within channel is annoying me
    Possibilities
    But regrets
    Sia04/24/2018
    Then terminate it
    Marc04/24/2018
    I tried
    Sia04/24/2018
    Is gone
    Marc04/24/2018
    Woo
    Ty

Jazz03/27/2018
    Shitposting?
    Cadbberry03/27/2018
    and I was in the same boat, I just wished she could have spoken up a bit more, I wanted to get to know her XD
    i dont know
    Sia03/27/2018
    But yeah, I can see how me fighting for stuff could have been a problem for Ben and Ryan.
    Strong females always are
    Still weird how Getus and Hrae are both capable of acting like normal humans beings though:wink:
    Jazz03/27/2018
    What's normal?
    Sia03/27/2018
    Like I am a person.
    Cadbberry03/27/2018
    I mean, i thought it was obvious they didn't take all gals at face value, while we do have a few staff members who are female, I was never listened to, Marine was too aggressive as a super mod? (doing her fuckin job), [redacted] is too shy so its hard to listen to her, Satix says [redacted] is too generic, and [redacted] is a prick
    Marc03/27/2018
    Gurhles
    Sorry heard normal
    Sia03/27/2018
    Sad that being good at my job is the reason I got fires
    Jazz03/27/2018
    Sadly that's somethign tha tcan happen IRL too just because of gender :/
    Sia03/27/2018
    People can’t take having to listen to a female.

So yeah, it’s an awful situation, but it became clear after reading through their server that the people involved were spreading toxicity on LV and removing them was the best option. I hope this helps to clear up some things, and so I have just a couple more things to say.

For a while now I’ve noticed a level of demotivation among the staff, especially the Admins, and I have no doubt that this was a large part of it. I just want to remind everyone that staff members are people too. Everyone involved on staff is a part of staff because they want to make LV a better place and have fun doing it, just like everyone else. We may not be perfect, but there’s nothing we want more than to make LV a fun and friendly place for everyone. If you ever feel that someone on staff is treating you unfairly in any way, don’t hesitate to send a private message to that person or anyone else on staff to try to clear things up.

-----------------
    Update: We understand a lot of you have felt personally targeted by the actions of the recently banned users. As a staff team, we'd like to remind you that they are no longer part of Lake Valor. That being said, we don't condone any member seeking them out to harass them since they have already been given their punishments. If you want their side of the story, it is your right to speak to them offsite but as a reminder, the facts are facts and our decision remains that they have no place at Lake Valor and any drama surrounding this should not pervade LV.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Thank you for putting this together, Wolf. Today's been really rough and I don't know what we would have done without you. Even though he's been temporarily suspended, I want to thank Hrae for handling this as maturely and kindly as he did. I am incredibly thankful for that and I want it to be known I genuinely believe him to be one of the kindest people I've had the privilege of meeting. He made a mistake and acknowledged that to us, and was very helpful.

I want to mention that there is undoubtedly more that was said about us, beyond what was in this post. I was kicked from the server initially, then allowed back to judge what happened. What I gathered is as much as I could emotionally handle. I considered Morgaine and Getus to be close friends, and seeing this was immensely painful. This has been going on since at least April, definitely longer.

We will answer any questions you have.

3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    This really comes as a shock to me, I didn't expect any of this that I just read but I understand now. I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, even with the loss of some good members.

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance, Wizard and Wolf Expert like this.
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    This is a huge shock. I always considered these people to be nice but to see such negativity from them... I don't know what to think. I just want everyone in LV's staff (especially the admins) that I appreciate everything you do for this community.

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    I'm just as shocked as everyone else, but I'm not going to leave because of the actions of a few people.

I really have to admire all you do in keeping this place running, so I'll do my best to stand with you guys and support you in what little way I can.

Vigilance, Wizard, Ryan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    As a fellow member of LV, I am very concerned about this decision. I understand that its upsetting to see stuff like that said. At the same time, these members were respectful of you all and vented elsewhere. I feel like its shameful to ban these members because of this. These members have always shown that they've cared about LV as a community, even if they didn't like everyone or agree with what was going on in LV. I believe what they did was also not against the rules which is another concern to me.

7. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Thanks for filling us in admins. :( I thought that awney was an overall nice person. We will never doubt that you guys have valid reasons and we can talk to you if we have an issue. We will always back you up. Thank you for doing what you do :)

PoserPanda, Vigilance and Wolf Expert like this.
  8. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    This was at no doubt, a large shock to the community. I have had positive interactions with the users whom have been a part of the secret server, but what they have done is incredibly hurtful and disrespectful. I hope LV doesn’t grow into a negative direction because of this.

Vigilance and WavePearl like this.
  9. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    The problem is, they didn't just keep it solely on their server. They sought out other people to recruit them and have been egging on the admins for a while now. A lot of the things that were said were completely false and accusatory attempts to coax a reaction out of the admins. What they were doing wasn't anything short of bullying and harassment.

As for specific rules that were broken, the first rule is "Be respectful towards everyone." Even if you discount what was said to the admins, in this server one of them did say they wanted to stab someone. Trying to advertise outside discord servers is also against the rules. All of the people involved were people who knew each other because of LV and the main focus of this server was to bully members of LV, so the rules should still apply to them.

I really liked awney too. She always acted to promote creativity, so to see her say things like that was a huge shock for me too.

Wizard likes this.
  10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    This whole situation has me extremely uncomfortable...

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I am genuinely upset by this, but thank you for sharing. Thank you for trying to keep our community a safe and happy place.

Vigilance, Wizard and Wolf Expert like this.
  12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    We're sorry, I feel the same way. If you want to talk to me, my inbox is open. I know we aren't super close or anything, but I'm still here if you want to.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I cannot imagine volunteering time and effort to a Pokémon forum of all things and end up being on the receiving end of some of the comments displayed in the above logs. /: Am very sorry for those affected but I'm hopeful we'll move past this and continue building a solid, positive community.

At times like these, it's best for the community to come together and support each other (one of the nicer things about being part of a smaller forum -- members can be much more close-knit). This was an incredibly stressful choice for the administrators so I hope everyone will understand why, despite worrying over the reactions and what impact their decision might have on LV, they felt it had to be done.

Vigilance and Ryan like this.
  14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I wish for a lot of things. I wish we could turn back time to a much simpler phase of LV but what's happened has happened and deserves to be addressed. As of late, I've wondered what my place is on LV. Wolf is right, we've known about this secret server for a while and wanted to let it slide in all honesty BUT the members of it were spreading false information on the site at a rapid pace as of late that was at some point going to affect the entire userbase.

The truth is, I'm no different than you. I eat the same food, breathe the same air, have the same interests and and just like everyone one of you, try to be my best self. To understand how it feels (I pray you're never in such a situation), I want to remind of who I am. I'm a kid as well who has irl friends and irl interests and irl school and irl drama but online, I'm Vig and I enjoy however much I can to help the site in however way possible and this is why what I've experienced will be one of the most painful things that's happened to me throughout my life.

These people weren't mad about the site, nor about features, nor about some coding. They hated us. They hated certain members, they hated the Admins and they hated certain staffers. So personally, I felt torn down when I wasn't being criticized over my work on the site but criticized over who I am. If you don't like something on the site, please post it in a feedback thread or DM a staff member. 11/10 times I'll sit with you and agree cause all staffers and admins are humans like anyone else. We make mistakes all the time. The fact that we'd be bashed to such a severity (there was more that I read that I refused to screenshot for the site because this site is a PG13 environment) makes me sad that because someone hates my character and used it to harm LV.

I wish "attention whore" was all I was called. It wasn't. A lot of what Ben, Ryan and I read will never make it out to you because it wasn't meant as a reflection of the site. It was meant to cut us deep and hurt us...Something that it did and it's something a lot of you will go to sleep tonight not worrying about while we sit up and wonder if the time we've put towards this community has any bearing of who we are because at the end of the day...words hurt.

To sign off, I wish you never experience something like I and my fellow admins and staffers did and I ask you to find it in you to remember we're humans as well with the same feelings as you and stuff hurts.

LV has a strict policy against flaming, harassment, slander, cyber bullying and making people uncomfortable (all of these were broken) so I hope you understand this wasn't a decision made lightly.

15. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I am shocked by this. In all honesty though, the first few screenshots weren’t so bad (aside from the one that mentioned the stabbing thing, which was AWFUL). You should have started with the really bad stuff, I was initially hesitant to your point. I don’t know what to think about it. They all seemed to be genuinely nice people, and I have had nothing but positive interactions with them in the past. It’s a shame. I honestly think permanent bans are a bit harsh, but your site, your rules. However, just playing devil’s advocate here, technically the rules say not to do those bad things like bullying and stuff on the forum itself, so a private Discord server may not count, no matter how bad the offense. Then again, I don’t have a Discord and don’t know how it works. I believe toxicity is the wrong word to use, but I cannot think of a better one at the moment. I would like to hear the other side of the story if possible, and would be willing to act as a mediator if you ever wish to try patching things up. Just need a method of contact. My condolences to you, as this must have been a tough decision to make, and I wish you best of luck in dealing with this unforeseen circumstance.

P.S. - This kind of thing reminds me of the theatre and arts community in high school, at least from my experience. Everyone acts like they all love each other, best besties, and then talk crap about them behind their back, often with exaggeration heavily involved. I try to stay out of it when it comes up, but I have seen enough to recognize it. Until the ban, my guess would be that none of them actively hated you guys. Just venting frustrations and conspiracies. Just know that I have experience mediating in these scenarios if you consider my offer, and I hope things turn out well for you guys.

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    No one went in with the intention of everyone being permanently banned. In fact, not everyone was, since Hrae was only given a temporary ban. Also, as Vig said, there were worse things that were left out. The point of looking at their server at all was to determine what action needed to be taken and this is what was decided.

Forum rules extend to the Discord server and there are also rules against advertising other discord servers. As I mentioned in a previous response, it didn't stay in their server either. They tried to recruit other people and had been harassing the Admins in particular for a while.

PoserPanda and Vigilance like this.
  17. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Honestly, just reading through this and seeing the people responsible, I was just... speechless. I didn't think any one of these users would say any of these things, let alone all six at once.

Vigilance likes this.
  18. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I... Honestly, I don't know what to think about this. I mean, I'm not shocked that this happened or anything, but attacking Admins and a site made to bring people together? Some people just want to watch the world burn, and I'm sure these are a group of them, though Hrae I will forgive for his honesty. But, in all honesty, I don't know what I would have done. I understand the Admins and their response, but these people... Sometimes I wonder what I have left to learn about humanity. Maybe I'm finally learning what they can cause behind the scenes.

WavePearl and Vigilance like this.
  19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    ... Unfortunate.

Admins, I'm really sorry y'all had to endure this. It's sad that people don't think they can air their grievances and think they must resort to inflammatory remarks and harassment - especially since I haven't met many people who are more kind and open than y'all are. I'm especially surprised by Awney, who as was already pointed out as being someone who seemed to spread positivity through their artwork, and by Cadbberry, who seemed to be an overall positive force among the long-time users here.

Please, do not let these incidents get you down. If you need an ear, I have two; though I may not have advice (depending on the situation) I am more than willing to listen, y'know?

PoserPanda, Vigilance and Wolf Expert like this.
  20. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    :/

Didn't think Awney thought of me like that. I was and am aware I wasn't popular among some of the members banned, but Awney in particular comes off as a shock. Anyways, at least now the air is clear. Part of me is angry, part of me is hurt. Gonna cool my head, I am understandably not in the best of moods atm.

LostSpirit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.