1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Region Expansion

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    SO. Do we think Alola is going to get an expansion in these games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I can hope so, at the same time as I don't want it. The Islands of Alola are jam packed with towns and people and I don't know if I could navigate it with much more, while I also want it to see what they could add such as man-made cities on the water or more Pokémon sanctuary towns you could visit and possibly walk around with your Pokémon in those areas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I've heard of other speculations that this could be possible, where Trainers can go to Kanto (because of Lillie from SM), Sinnoh (although this isn't likely because DP remakes), and Hoenn (same with ORAS remakes). I personally like this idea, though, but what the region would be is something I couldn't guess at the moment.

4. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I really hope so - I'd be disappointed if not. I liked Alola, but I'm waiting on any indicator that I should be hyped about these games.

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Maybe we will see some developemnts on Poni island, it's kind of the most boring of the islands as they are now. I also could see more artifical structures and islands, like aether paradise.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I don't know how plausible this is, but I hope we'll be able to visit Kanto in the post-game. It's highly unlikely, but it would be pretty awesome if we could travel and explore Kanto, and see how it may have been updated.

7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    As much as I'd love to see it, I kinda think its unlikely in just five months. Models and textures need to be created for another region to appear. But I think it's possible as well since they are working with a big company.

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I would like to see it happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's hard to say what content is in the games at this point so we really just have to wait and see.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would love to see more islands and bigger cities. I am kinda missing that a lot in SM.

10. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I hope we get an expansion. In other games in the same region (Crystal, Emerald, Platnium, BW2) we've gotten more places to go. It would be a waste for them to not add more places to the game.

Maybe there are some smaller islands to go to? That would be pretty nice.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I think there will probably be at least one new island added to Alola. What role that island would serve or how big it would be I have no idea, that's just my personal speculation. The idea of having another region entirely seems highly improbable but I'd love to revisit Kanto or any other region. Maybe the Sevii Islands, they seem like they'd be a good fit and would be an opportunity to expand the least developed region so far.

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I hope so, would be really neat if they added more to explore, how much they would add I can't really guess.

13. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I don't think they'll expand the region too much, maybe add in a few new areas or add more content on Poni Island. The only other region we could see would be Kanto, but I think it'll be unlikely. No, I believe it will mostly stay the same with only a few changes to fit the new story.

14. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Agreed. Alola is a very small region and they pretty much covered just about everything in Sun & Moon. I'm hoping they'll expand more on the cities or something.

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Did you notice that throughout the islands there were these little plots of empty land scattered throughout in some areas? I can't help but feel those might re-introduce Gyms, perhaps as a postgame thing after the Island Challenge is complete. Heck, maybe even GYm Leaders from other regions might come to chill in Alola, like Misty, Jasmine, Blaine, Marlon, etc. etc. It'd be cool to bring back the old crew!

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I'm sure they'll develop Poni Island further, but I just thought about something-what about Po Town? Before Team Skull took over, Po Town was a perfectly normal town with normal trainers. I wonder if we'll see it develop back into a non-villainous town, and maybe there'll even be a trial there. It would be cool if a former Skull member was running the trial-especially Guzma, because he did mention he was a failed trial captain.

17. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    From what I've heard instead of a sequel this is meant to be an alternate story right?, so I think it'll still be affected by Team Skull somehow just different in some way. Perhaps they'll be stricter and more difficult to push out? Perhaps in this Team Skull will be a force of good and will act as defenders of the town? Honestly depends on how the game's story is spun. While Guzma as a captain sounds interesting I still think they'll keep the basic backstory for him and keep him as the Team Skull leader.

18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Oops, I forgot that it was supposed to be an alternate story and not a sequel

19. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I don't think they would expand alola seeing it's all islands, But I do see a possibility of taking a boat to kanto. Seeing they use Hawaii/Alola for the 20th anniversary due to it's archipelago like Japan.

20. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    it would be nice to have water routes again. I guess they took those "too much water" reviews to heart because there was a surprising lack of water exploration in a game that takes place on islands.

Being able to go to Kanto would be great. It even says at the end of the story in S/M that Kanto's pretty close and we could go there any time we want, but we never did.