1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Regretted evolutions?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by JirachiWish, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Have you ever regretted letting a Pokémon evolve? Why?

I have a few times.

For one, I regretted evolving my Vulpix because Ninetails didn't look as majestic as I expected it to and Vulpix was cuter. But now I like Ninetails and don't regret it anymore.

More recently, I evolved my Chikorita into Bayleef before getting a chance to play with it in Amie. I went 'NOOOOOOOOOOO' in real life because I really wanted to play with cute Chikorita, but since I hadn't saved for a long time I couldn't turn off the DS just to get Chikorita back, lest I lose all my progress.

How about you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I regret every time I evolve Drowzee into Hypno. I have a soft spot for that plump yellow chocolate-dipped banana tapir. He looks so silly and playful and he looks like he's fun to hug. And then... he evolves into a skinnier big-nosed man who looks more human and less likeable. That's why I stopped evolving Drowzee and just started giving them Evolite. Drowzee is one of the few pre-evos I like a lot more than their evo.

3. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I regret evolving my Vanillite for obvious reasons; I love the little ice cream cone. That, and I just feel like the evolutions just don't look as cute. They have these expressions on their faces that make them look unintelligent imo. I dunno, maybe I'm just too obsessed with vanillite!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I regretted evolving my shiny Zorua because I liked the electrifying blue it had compared to Zoroark's purpleness. I still regret it to this day because now I don't even use him when I worked so hard to hatch a shiny Zorua ; v ;

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've recently been trying to evolve my Riolu in Black2 until I remembered he evolves by happiness and during the daytime. Most of my Black2-ing is at about 1AM. However, I found out at the same time as I clarified his evo method that Riolu and Lucario (like a lot of Stone evolutions) learn different attacks at the same level. For instance, I want to keep him as a Riolu until 47 so he gets Nasty Plot. In this case, it's an almost-regret. If I played more in the daytime, he would have evo'd already and missed Nasty Plot entirely!

As I said above, a lot of Stone evolutions have similar but different learnsets, and I almost always have evolver's remorse (like buyer's remorse) no matter what, whether I evolve early or late or whatever. I'm looking at you, Ninetales in Sapphire.

6. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I have the same problem. My Vanillite was shiny though. he was super cute and a nice purple color. but with eaach evolution, his shiny got closer to the normal coloring. I miss that cute little ice cream.

My other evolution regret is a memory I have of playing Fire Red. I finally got a thunderstone and evolved my pikachu, and... well I just didn't like Raichu. Still don't for some reason.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well I got a few back from when I was a total trainer newb, In Red I evolved my Clefairy at like level 20 and also in Red I evolved my Pikachu at like level 23 I think. Yeah I really regret that because I had to use TMs to make them decent.

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Waaaaay back in emerald I evolved my Nuzleaf into a Shiftry early in game. Eventually when I battled Syndey I was so shocked when his Shiftry used Extrasensory! I was so confused because I had a Shifty at a higher level but it never learned the move. Eventually I found out that Nuzleaf learned Extrasensory around lv49, so I regretted evolving my Nuzleaf because I made the mistake of evolving it before it could learn Extrasensory.

9. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I think one time in my Pokémon X, I got a vulpix from a wonder trade and evolved her to a ninetales automatically. When I battled someone online, I realized that their ninetales can do extrasensory! When I checked how that happened and realized that vulpix can do it at lv 39. And the same goes for Arcanine. I realized that it can learn outrage while it's a growlithe at lv. 43... T_T

10. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think there's a common theme here that I'm going to agree with, and that's evolving a Pokémon with a Stone too early. Apart from a few exceptions, most Pokémon who evolve with a Stone don't get good moves via level-up, or any at that. I always regret evolving them too early, but lots of early Pokémon titles have hard Trainers and slow EXP gaining techniques, so it's a really big decision. Do you evolve it so it's stronger, or keep it weak and let it learn new moves?

11. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Hmm... definitely my Munna --> Musharna in Dark Rising. It just kind of became useless. And I evolved a Jolteon too early once, and had to TM/HM it all of it's moves. And then evolving a Dragonair, as it lost Shed Skin... D:
    Basically, stones will screw up your movesets, and Bulbapedia is your friend. That is what I learned

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Using a stone on Eevee pretty much right away is the best way to go about it since the moves it learns changes completely so getting a Jolteon early is the best thing so it actually have a chance to learn an electric attack early instead of having to go 25 levels without a decent stab move.

13. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    @[member='Karzarill'], Yeah, but the problem with that was the screwed up movesets. I was playing a ROM hack, and apparently Jolteon learns nothing

14. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    @[member="mweep"] That's effed up, hope that's either an error or that Eevee can learn elemental moves in that game then.

mweep likes this.
  15. Crystal Silverdust

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Porygon2.

Because Porygon 2 with Eviolite is a lot better than Porygon-Z.

16. MegaBlastoise15

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.6
    When I played Pokémon Red a couple years ago, I regretted evolving Growlithe into Arcanine because it learned Flamethrower at level 50. I still regret it to this day...

17. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Just recently, I regretted evolving my Bunnelby into Diggersby, not because I don't like the latter (I think it's pretty good), but because I nicknamed him as Horubee (Bunnelby's Japanese name), so it wouldn't be fitting to evolve it, so I decided to restart the game to the point before it evolved. Besides, I already have Diggersby before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.