1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Relationships with superheroes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    In a lot of shows about superheroes, the identities of the heroes are kept secret. This becomes a huge plot point most of the time, and inevitably someone close to the hero finds out.

But then so much of the time they just lose their shit and start crying and acting crazy. Really dude??? You're sad because your buddy didn't tell you they had superpowers? You're not even upset that they go out and fight crime to keep you and the world safe, risking their life, but you're upset that they didn't tell you?

That's a possibility you need to be prepared for going into any relationship. I mentally convince myself that everyone I know is secretly a superhero/villain. This way, when they go for the dramatic reveal, I can quickly and confidently establish the emotional high ground. They're not gonna pull any surprises on me.

2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I always wonder
    What if a super villain falls in love with their arch-rival super hero without realizing..? One day they come home and discover both in costume still or suffering injuries from their recent fight. Does it destroy the relationship or does one or the other stop their heroics/villainous antics to stay together? Or do they just shrug it off and act like it's a job? During the day they fight and at night they tend to each other? lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ryan likes this.
  3. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I had a best friend who had the power of invisibility.

Haven't seen them in a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Morgaine, Ryan and Eclipse like this.
  4. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    If I was in that situation, I'd think it'd be fucking awesome. I would love them more for that tbh.

Also I need to see this happen now.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think this was the plot to the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", actually - except instead of being superheroes, they were both contract killers.
    ...It's one of the movies I'd like to watch simply because of that point - I just hope my information is correct.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I forget what the movie was, but there was one about a super hero school and one of the kids there was named "Warren Peace", like "war and peace," because one of his parents was a villain and the other was a hero. I also read a short story about something similar where there were two spies from rival organizations who were married to each other and didn't realize it.

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I know a superhero, his name is Morisawa Chiaki and his superpower is breaking my heart with really high event borders and making Happy Elements rich because he's always rank. His main power is being the ranking five star so Happy Elements can get money from all the thirsty RyuseitaiP. I am broke so I have to accept the reality that I can only have him if I sacrifice money for 11.8 million point revival events. It's a very complicated relationship between me, my money, and this stupid budget power ranger.

dont worry i haven't spent money on ensemble hell yet

superheroes are actually kinda lame if you think about it though

i wouldn't want another job after my day job i would go home and sleep

9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Yeah, that was it.

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @Ryan I have sekrit. I have 8 legs. Be astounded.

11. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    [​IMG]

Totally not to deflect attention away from myself, on Shadria's story idea, that's happened several times already between Batman and Catwoman. Sometimes he figures her out (like in The Animated Series) and sometimes they both figure each other out (like in the Batman Telltale series), but it's always entertaining to see how they handle their secrets getting out. Honestly, I don't know how anybody keeps that secret when they're seen in costume. I would be like "Catwoman? Your voice sounds just like my girlfriend Selina!" or "Hey Ollie, I like that hood!" or "Is that Clark? I thought he needed glasses!"

12. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Out of the top of my head I can only remember having a thread like this.

If you're willing to dig this out, I suggest reading Villainous Crush or Dating Catwoman.

...Hope I put the links right, it has been a while since I last used BBCode intrface, if I didn't search them up on Tv Tropes, you will not be disappointed.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    This joke just had to be made, didn’t it?

Eclipse likes this.
  14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    This is why I'm careful in hiding my superpowers from my friends and family. Tbh one of my favourite shows, Smallville, showed a superheroes relationship to others well imo. There was a bit of drama with the reveal of Clark being The Blur (early Superman for those who haven't watched it), but either they didn't last long or they ended up helping him in his struggles. Some becoming heroes themselves.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Doesn't stop you from proclaiming them loud and proud to everyone else here, though... How's that working out for you?

16. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    If they get mad at you, just bribe them by abusing your power to have fun with them. Unless they are a strict by-the-book type that is flat out against that. Then prove to them that you will be responsible with your powers, and you will use them for good. If they don't accept it within a few days of that then it probably isn't meant to be.