1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Relationships

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    What is your thoughts on relationships. Do you partake in then? Do you have many of them, or few? Any good stories from it? Any regrets/lessons learned?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I don't have any good experiences with romantic relationships.
    The closest thing I ever had to a relationship was just confessing my feelings, but we decided it wouldn't work out a few days later.

I've had/have crushes, but I never was able to work up my nerve and now I doubt I will ever be able to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I have had two long-term romantic relationships (one good, one not-so-good), and another short-term romantic relationship. My first ever relationship was with a very controlling person, and they manipulated me to stay with them because they told me nobody else would ever want me. My second relationship was a lot better, but we both ended it and continued being just friends after we realized our relationship wasn't giving us what we wanted (I'm an asexual man, and my partner desired sex). We're still friends to this day though, which doesn't happen too often.

My most current relationship lasted all of a couple weeks. The person was great, until they told me they only got in a relationship with me to prove that I wasn't asexual and pretty much tried to force themselves onto me. It was extremely devastating and I haven't dated anyone since, I've honestly given up trying to find someone.

4. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I've had just one relationship. I had a crush on someone for almost a year starting from when I was 14, and then when I was 15 I confessed to him. A few days later we got into a relationship which lasted two years. But things went downhill; my boyfriend's closest friends hated me for no apparent reason and I guess they turned him against me. He started lying to me about almost everything and didn't give a crap when I was upset. He got a crush on a guy and I was devastated but too deep in love to give up on him, so even after he cheated on me multiple times and commissioned romantic/sexual art of him and his crush but never of him and me, I forgave him again and again.

But he started to get aggressive, yelling/swearing at me just for sending him messages when he was 'busy' and insulting me for being sad about him treating his guy crush better than me. Things got even worse than that but I won't go into detail because it's too personal, and for a while there, all I did was cry and feel miserable. All because of him.

Then he repetitively tried to get me to kill myself. I still was too trapped in this abusive relationship to leave him.

In the end, he was the one to dump me. He confessed he didn't love me at all and only loved his guy crush. Despite him being a jerk I still wanted to be friends but I couldn't because he constantly talked about how his guy crush was better than me. I was very upset for weeks; months, even.

But now I feel happy and my life is a lot better without him. I feel regretful I wasted 3 years of my life on him and spending hundreds of dollars on presents for him. But one positive thing is that I learned something.

I learned that forgiveness is a good thing, but NOT to be so forgiving that I'm still with a person who is pretty much ruining my life. I don't want another relationship now, mostly because there's nobody I currently have a crush on and I don't want to make the mistake of getting together with someone I can't fully trust. But in my potential next relationship I am sure I will be much stronger.

Sorry for the long post.

5. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have a crush. He was my friend when i was in 7th class he was in the same class. I confessed him and he said i really like you but as a friend. I was very upset and after a year he proposed me. I was shocked. We are in a relationship right now. And it is going very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.