1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Repeat Shinies

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by ChocoChicken, Aug 12, 2021.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    So. With this massive shiny boost, I'm sure we all have a few dupes - even outside of this boost.
    Your opinion on duplicate shinies? Do you catch them? At what level do you stop?
    At what point do you start disliking seeing certain Shinies? What Shinies do you never mind seeing?

For me, I keep catching duplicates although a little voice at the back of my head is always screaming "UGH IT'S NOT BELDUM". The basically only exception to this is Fletchling. I see Shiny Fletchling and I catch it and I just keep getting happier as my flock expands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    usually i caught the dupe shinies i found (aka during past shiny boosts). at least i think so, looking at my profile, ha. but this one is so powerful that i'm just not bothering with it, otherwise i'd have way too many.

watch me get the whole plethora of rp institute shinies except surskit and feebas which i actually want lol (i mean i DID get cresselia pretty early so ig i shouldn't be complaining that much, i haven't seen another cresselia since)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF and Jeydis like this.
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I catch all shiny woopers I encounter pretty much. I dont mind seeing dupes, its not much different to me than the regular encounters without the boost.

4. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    eevee. I have like 4 shiny eevee. They all appeared at once and then I stopped seeing them

5. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    I have a lot of Shiny Eevees. I love Eevee and wanna see if I can catch all the shiny eeveelutions

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    by the way, in case you didn't know, to get them all you should get all the eevee that say they're "not in your collection" before you try to evolve them!
    that's because as a way to have the evos be "random", every eevee that evolves into a specific eeveelution is actually considered a separate mon from the other eevee, even though they have the same image. so that's how you can have eevee say they're not in your collection when you've already caught some. but when you evolve a mon, it's considered as not "in your collection" anymore, so you'd risk catching dupes if you evolve some before having enough for all the eeveelutions.
    also fortunately region letters (for when the corresponding eeveelutions appeared) were added to the eevee's names to make this all a bit easier! (what i said is the same for every split evolution here btw)

SAF and NyxieRina like this.
  7. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    I also have some extra shiny eevee. And two shiny darkrai. and two shiny hoopa lol

but no more pokeballs T^T

8. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Oh really? I didnt know that! I was ignoring the eevees if i alreday have their letter. Thanks for telling me! Now ill make sure to really cafch them all.

Gwoomy likes this.
  9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don't usually go for dupe shinies, for me one is enough.