1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

RMT--OU Mono Steel-Type Team (Iron Legion)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by King Xatu, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Xatu

King Xatu Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Alright guys, I recently joined a league, and I've tried Ice-Mono, but they are not for me. I started using steel-type Pokémon, and they seem to be much more adaptable and heavy hitting than my ice team. So heres my team:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Stance Change
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
    Lonely Nature
    - Sacred Sword
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Shadow Ball
    Aegislash is my main heavy hitter, I rely on it's swords dance to bulk up it's shadow sneak, or I use Sacred Sword/ Shadow sneak if the opponent is slow enough.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse
    Heatran seems to help, or does it... I feel like I need it, but its always being KO'd before I can pull some heavy damage. I mainly use it to tank fire moves, and to intimidate opponents to switch out to another Pokémon.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - Roost
    Scizor is a fast one. If Aegislash isn't sent out first, it's probably going to be Scizor. It's main conduct code is a Swords Dance followed by a bullet punch or Bug Bite. I really don't use roost that often because I never have time to.

Empoleon @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Aqua Jet
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Drill Peck
    Emploleon can aqua jet, but even with a swords dance it isn't powerful enough to counter ground and fire types.

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Fire Fang
    - Iron Head
    Mawile is the one Pokémon that never lets me down. Its focus is to swords dance, then Sucker Punch. If the opponent is slow enough than I just use a basic combo of Iron Head and Fire Fang

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    Shiny: Yes
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer Arm
    - Meteor Mash
    Metagross is my main tank. Its self explaining, bullet punch is my main move

WHAT I NEED TO KNOW: What are the weak spots on my team, and possible replacements

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'd replace Weakness Policy with Life Orb, give it some more EV's in SP.Atk and replace swords dance with Flash Cannon. Make sure it has a lot of EV's in speed too. I've noticed that Shadow Ball hits WAY harder than Shadow Sneak, and to be honest you have to sorta rely on surviving whilst Swords Dancing. Shadow Ball is usually a killer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Magistrum

Magistrum Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Wat. Replace this with Technician LOL. Bug Bite could be Ok for STAB but most of the time you'll be launching a bullet punch anyway. I recommend replacing Bug Bite with Knock Off or Pursuit to trap or cripple things. You could also go Choiced with BP/Superpower/U-turn/Pursuit or Knock Off.

Seems OK but Mawile's ability should be Intimidate. Overall more useful and helps Mawile survive a hit. You won't get the Sheer Force boost when you mega anyway since 90% of the time you'll be SD'ing when you press the mega button.

Also, looking at your movesets, after Heatran falls the rest of your team is crippled by burn. Not to mention you don't have a Stealth Rock setter and a Defogger/Spinner. >_> That's a serious disadvantage, mate. I recommend replacing Heatran's Dragon Pulse with Stealth Rock, and Empoleon is better off IMO with a special set. Try LO/Choice Scarf/Specs with Hydro Pump, Defog, Flash Cannon and Ice Beam.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CoCoStarfish

CoCoStarfish Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Hmmm I don't like your Heattran, and I love heattran.

Heatran @ leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - lava plume
    - earth power
    - flash cannon
    - stealth rock

should be able to tank like crazy and i usually knock out like three of my opponents pokes with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.