1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    We noticed you aren't logged in, and we'd absolutely love for you to join us by clicking Sign Up! Lake Valor is a Pokémon community dedicated to bringing fans together. You can catch Pokémon, take them on an adventure through the site by levelling them up and even evolve them. There's something for everyone at Lake Valor. Best of all - signing up is free! We hope to see you join us. If you already have an account, then login and start discussing!
    Dismiss Notice

Rotom Bonding

Discussion in 'Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon' started by Achromatic, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Admin

100%
    Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽305
    Battle Points:
    ★106
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    So, it's reported in the latest CoroCoro that you'll be able to do some special bonding with your RotomDex. How do you feel about this? What do you wanna see?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

29%
    Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★11
    Black Glasses ★★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Soothe Bell ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I felt like RotomDex really didn't contribute much in Sun and Moon other than being a sentient Pokédex that gave out hints on where to go. I hope there will be more interesting interactions with them in the US/UM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wings

Wings Rival

33%
    Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽204
    Battle Points:
    ★9
    I read somewhere that you’ll even be able to ask your Rotom questions! I think it’s nice that you get to talk to Rotom a little more since Rotom didn’t make a lasting impression on me in Sun and Moon.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon.
    Supporter

84%
    Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,008
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Poké Doll ★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I want smol rotom friend! I love robots. I love rotom. Plz.

But seriously, despite having a talking Pokémon with you on your travels it really had no effect on the story. I'd like it to have a little more relevance to the story.

5. ❀Bloom❀

Supporter

63%
    Local Time:
    6:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽309
    Battle Points:
    ★17
    Heart Scale ★★
    It seems like Rotom will be like the O powers in X and Y.

This means faster egg hatching :thumbsup:

6. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 PKMN Breeder

78%
    Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽163
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    It's nice that he's being given a little more focus and time to make him stand out, but at the same time, we'll have to see whether his abilities will take away from how useful he already is as the minimap. If nothing else I hope they redesigned his UI, because figuring out where to tap to access the full map and the like was annoying.

As for his Rotom Powers, they're cool, I guess? The O-Powers never struck me as all that popular of a mechanic, so its weird to see them brought back.

7. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan Hiker

50%
    Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I would be nice to feel like Rotom dex is a character and not simply a talking Pokédex.

8. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

62%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    I really like that they're giving Rotomdex more features! You didn't really get to interact with it in the end-game in SM, so this'll freshen up his witty remarks and ZZZZzzt-ing!

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 Hex Maniac

70%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽387
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I wasn't really all that particularly fond of the Rotom Pokédex to begin with. Although hopefully these new features will make an overall improvement to it. I'm glad the O-Power feature is basically back. It's nice being able to up your, Prize Money, Experience, Egg Hatching, etc.

10. WolfeyStar

WolfeyStar I want to be Wallace for Halloween
    Contributor

66%
    Local Time:
    8:43 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽411
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Hotter Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm not really hyped about this, as Rotom annoyed the hell out of me in my Sun playthrough serving as my map through Easytown and never shutting up.

I'd like to be friends with Rotom, but it's soooooo annoying. Maybe Rotom will foreshadow plot events? That would be cool. Also I guess the new Rotom O Powers is meh. It only took them a while to realize we needed them back.

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

24%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽283
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    My only hope is that it won't turn out like those Furbies or anything *shudder* Hopefully it'll turn out to be some sort of narrator or something.
    #MissingNo

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Cadmin the Admin
    Admin Social Team

53%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽241
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I am excited about it! I really liked the idea of the rotom dex and wished they had developed the idea more than they had. It was it's own identity and could talk, I wish it was sassy or something, you could pick a type of rotom dex that has X personality and it would give you X kind of responses.