1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rotom Bonding

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    So, it's reported in the latest CoroCoro that you'll be able to do some special bonding with your RotomDex. How do you feel about this? What do you wanna see?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I felt like RotomDex really didn't contribute much in Sun and Moon other than being a sentient Pokédex that gave out hints on where to go. I hope there will be more interesting interactions with them in the US/UM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I read somewhere that you’ll even be able to ask your Rotom questions! I think it’s nice that you get to talk to Rotom a little more since Rotom didn’t make a lasting impression on me in Sun and Moon.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I want smol rotom friend! I love robots. I love rotom. Plz.

But seriously, despite having a talking Pokémon with you on your travels it really had no effect on the story. I'd like it to have a little more relevance to the story.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    It seems like Rotom will be like the O powers in X and Y.

This means faster egg hatching :thumbsup:

6. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    It's nice that he's being given a little more focus and time to make him stand out, but at the same time, we'll have to see whether his abilities will take away from how useful he already is as the minimap. If nothing else I hope they redesigned his UI, because figuring out where to tap to access the full map and the like was annoying.

As for his Rotom Powers, they're cool, I guess? The O-Powers never struck me as all that popular of a mechanic, so its weird to see them brought back.

7. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I would be nice to feel like Rotom dex is a character and not simply a talking Pokédex.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I really like that they're giving Rotomdex more features! You didn't really get to interact with it in the end-game in SM, so this'll freshen up his witty remarks and ZZZZzzt-ing!

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I wasn't really all that particularly fond of the Rotom Pokédex to begin with. Although hopefully these new features will make an overall improvement to it. I'm glad the O-Power feature is basically back. It's nice being able to up your, Prize Money, Experience, Egg Hatching, etc.

10. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm not really hyped about this, as Rotom annoyed the hell out of me in my Sun playthrough serving as my map through Easytown and never shutting up.

I'd like to be friends with Rotom, but it's soooooo annoying. Maybe Rotom will foreshadow plot events? That would be cool. Also I guess the new Rotom O Powers is meh. It only took them a while to realize we needed them back.

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    My only hope is that it won't turn out like those Furbies or anything *shudder* Hopefully it'll turn out to be some sort of narrator or something.
    #MissingNo

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am excited about it! I really liked the idea of the rotom dex and wished they had developed the idea more than they had. It was it's own identity and could talk, I wish it was sassy or something, you could pick a type of rotom dex that has X personality and it would give you X kind of responses.