1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rotom Phone

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Gwoomy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,613.7
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. seaturtle

seaturtle Bug Catcher

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    Looks like it might be the replacement for HMs, which is kinda cool. Maybe things like surfing bike are apps we get added as the game progresses?

Finally putting the Pokédex on cell phones instead of bulky encyclopedias is a great move though, I love how modern these games look. The way the phone switches to landscape mode is also cute lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,900.9
    I like the idea for the most part. I just really, really, really hope that it isn't as annoying as the Rotom dex was. I don't need it trying to tell me things that I already know practically every five seconds, asking me if I want to use an item to heal my Pokémon when I've already made it to the Pokémon Center or asking if I want to save literally moments right after I just saved.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    It's... a dex but phone. Okay.
    Also it upgrades your bike? Excuse me h o w? Does it just pop out the phone and possess your bike and call it a day?
    I like the new design - the hands on the Dex looked a little awkward at times.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I really don’t like the idea of Rotom possessing a Pokédex... that being said I’m fine with the Rotom Phone.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I was hoping it'd be a Porygon Phone...

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,944.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    All I can say is, I hope is less annoying than the Rotom Dex.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,370.4
    In a way, they seem to be running out of ideas for this. However, it is still a fine idea, and it should be fine as long as it isn't as annoying as the Rotom Dex.

9. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    This must mean that any trainer shown using a phone already has their first Pokémon. Obviously. ;)
    It makes me think that there's a really lonely Pokémon creator out there, (Arceus?) who just wanted every technological aspect of their life (A scientist maybe?) to have a Pokémon attached to it. That way they would never be lonely. An old folks' home, but every shared appliance is possessed [Wow, so I did spell that right.] by Different Rotoms. Maybe some are colored certain ways to help the older folk with what the machines can do. Plus, they're one of the few Pokémon that can speak 'human' so it could help them more.

I think every Pokémon should be able to speak, or at least know some words, like that note head bird Pokémon does.

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    How do they get so many mythical Pokémon to be used for common every day items? Anyone else got a problem with how Rotom used to be a mythical Pokémon the likes of which we only see once, to inhabiting items that everyone has? I don't dislike the idea. I always like how Rotom was able to possess electronic objects and wanted to see that idea applied to more complex electronics. However, its becoming a little bit too common for being a mythical Pokémon. Also, I miss the mischievous Rotoms of old, why are they suddenly so passive?

11. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Neat. I just hope he shuts the heck up this time. :furious:

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Having the replacement for HMs and the Pokédex be packed into one cute feature is a nice idea. Maybe they can add a “face time” feature where certain characters call you during story events.