1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rotom's Type Switching

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Ryan, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    In Generation 5, a change was implemented with Rotom where, after changing forms, its type would change depending on the appliance it entered. Did you like this change, or did you prefer Rotom remaining Electric/Ghost as it did in earlier games?

2. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I think I like the change. Before, if your opponent saw that you were using a Rotom, it'd immediately know your weaknesses and probably have a move to counter it. But now with a type change, it might be more difficult for an opponent to land a super-effective move. (idk maybe im wrong who knows)

I prefer the original-form of Rotom though. It'll always be my favorite.

But now I can't help but wonder: Will they add new forms/typings in Sun & Moon? :o

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    I personally like the change , since to me it didnt make much sense why it had many forms with no use to it , but other than that it put a little thinking game of how to use rotom , even tho the original rotom is now the lowest ever tier competitivly speaking , its still a good Pokémon , before the type change youd use rotom-wash just for hydropump , hich wasnt even that good'a move on him because it wasnt even stab , nor were any of the other ones , now rotom wash is OU , being the #1 form of rotom , the 2nd being rotom Fire with his willi-o-wisp'in tactic.

Honstley i think the change really helped rotom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Changing Rotom's type was one of the best changes they made in my mind. Having it just Ghost/Electric wasn't all that interesting and made Rotom not nearly as strong without the STAB boosts. I'm super happy they changed its type because the Pokémon is just so much more fun to use now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.