1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sakura Con 2014

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Hi there! I'm going to Sakura Con next year with Ashe, we're going to be dressing up as the X & Y trainers from Pokémon! I'd like to ask for those who have been to a con, what is it like there? (Apart from the obvious, crowded, loud, hectic) What does it feel like to go to a con? Do you have any personal experiences there?

And more importantly...Where is the food? What foods do they sell?! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Spacey

Spacey School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I've been to a few cons, although they've all been on the east coast. XD It's hard to judge, since I haven't been to Sakura Con, and every convention is different, but there's some general "etiquette" or whatever. Like, if you're cosplaying, expect people to ask for your picture. It may not happen, but it's possible. XD I haven't cosplayed yet, but I've gone with cosplayers in the past. Don't feel shy to ask others, too! (Except that I TOTALLY AM and have yet to ask)

Drink plenty of water throughout the day, keep a budget aside to buy food (don't spend it all at the dealer's room and artist's alley!) and depending on the popularity of the con, expect long lines for popular panels! (Even if you're not interested, the line may block your way. xD)

As for food...? Erm, don't live off of pocky. :P It's probably best to go outside the con to find a restaurant or take-out or something, because food is usually more expensive inside the building. Bring granola bars and other snacks if you're traveling. :P

I really love going to cons! I wish I had more energy, since I never end up going to many panels and I'm kind of a stingy spender, but seeing everybody's cosplays and seeing the random interactions that can happen is great. It's refreshing to see so many people with similar interests in one building!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    You don't buy food at cons. You feed off the fangirls and the tears from your empty wallets.

*edit: wait a minute...what year are we in?

4. tuxtuxman

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Girugamesh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.