1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Scars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I think most people have scars of some kind, even if they're just small ones. I personally find it fun to talk about my scars, and want to hear about yours (if it's a really traumatic story for you, please feel free to not share it if you don't want to, or it it's too personal).

I have two scars, one that I've had for about twelve years, and will probably have for the rest of my life, and one that I got just a few months ago, but it still doesn't look any better than it did the week after I got it, so I think it's probably there to stay too. The first scar is on the palm of my right hand, between my ring and pinky fingers. It's about an inch long, and I got it by tripping and getting my hand impaled by a small tree stump. I had to get six stitches. Strangely enough, my parents probably immediately knew that I needed stitches, but we didn't leave right away to go do that. Instead, I want to my dance class first, and then I went to get stitches. So I was just a little kid with an open wound on my hand while dancing. Kinda strange.

My other scar is on my right foot, on the toe right next to the big toe. It's at the base of the toe, and the scratch is currently discolored and almost a purple color (I'm not really sure why). I hurt my toe by dropping a glass plate on it...that's all.

2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ouch, sensitive spots to get injuries x_x

For myself, my knees are pretty thick with scar tissue from general childhood shenanigans. Lots of intimate meetings with gravel and asphalt. No stiches/surgery scars so far, might change soon as I might have to get surgery for gallstones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I have scars from where I had pins removed from my elbow when I broke it in elementary school but that's about it.

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    In terms of physical scars, the only injuries I can think of are the time I broke my elbow and when I hit my chest on a water fountain. Both happened several years ago and they have completely healed.

Mental scars are a different story. I rarely bring them up on LV, but I’ll share some here in a couple spoilers.

My Moms started arguing more frequently when I was six and I had to listen to them for many years. Some topics were important while others were incredibly petty. I believe this is the source of my anxiety disorder. Thankfully they have split and I don’t have to hear them argue anymore.

As I started entering puberty at the age of 10, I gained about 15 lbs. Insecure about my change, I bought a bad nutrition book and refused to eat anything. My parents got infuriated at me. I’d argue with them for ages. At one point I was diagnosed with anorexia and was 10 lbs underweight. My ribs ached for weeks.With the help of a nutritionist, I gained the weight back and learnt some important health lessons. I do still struggle with insecurities about my appearance though.

My school life was pretty smooth until I got into Middle School. I’d get teased and I never quite had the opportunity to develop thicker skin. It escalated in High School as rumors started to spread about me. All of a sudden, people I hadn’t even met would claim to hate me, and they’d call me every name under the sun. If I reported them like I was told, they’d treat me even worse. This went on until last month when I finally transferred. The effects were not great to say the least. My self esteem went down, I became paranoid, and for a while I was suicidal. All of this was common knowledge to the bullies, but they continued anyway because they claimed I was an idiot. They’re out of my life now, but I still run into them in public now and then. Whenever that happens, they either call me another name or give me a smug grin. I do think I’ve become a better person out of all this. I refuse to dislike people I’ve only heard bad things about, and I learnt how important it is to not gossip.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have a bunch of scars due to me picking at scabs... it’s a bad habit but I can’t help it

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I have a small scar on my arm from 6th grade, from a paper cut. I walked into another student and they were carrying paper, and it probably scratched me really hard. I didn’t even notice the blood until someone else told me. It’s a really thin and nearly invisible scar, but hey, I have one to prove how stupid I am.

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    ChocoChicken likes this.
  8. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I have a lot of burn scars on my arm from work. Mostly me being careless and accidentally burning myself on a pan/oven door/grill/pan/whatever.
    I also have a scar on my right eyebrow from getting stitches at 18 months because a swing hit me full on the face.

I nearly forgot about the nick I gave myself on my left pinkie from woodcarving! Or my left index finger because I was cutting too hastily with a very sharp knife. Both are mostly faded though.

9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Mental scares are really hard to deal with. Everybody has them, but nobody really likes to talk about them. I hope that yours don't bother you on a day-to-day basis. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough on LV to feel safe enough to share your experiences. I think that mental and emotional scars heal better when we're ready to talk about them. They don't go away, that's what makes them scars, but they can certainly become more manageable.

Neb likes this.
  10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I got plenty of scars, comes with work although not all are from cat claws and teeth.

I got a new-ish burn scar on my left upper arm from a 2nd degree burn, is a small one like an inch maybe a little less in length. Another noticeable scar I have is on the side of my right calf, I got it when I was around 12 I think because I had a mole removed that kept getting bigger as I grew so for safety reasons it had to go.

Rest of my scars are scratches from cat claws, a few bite marks and insect bites.

11. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I only have two really noticeable scars. The first is just to the right of my belly button that is about 10cm across, from where I had my appendix removed as a child...that is FAR longer than it should be, but it wasn't far from bursting when they removed it, so yeah.

The second is on my left wrist, and consists of three rather nasty slashes. When I was a teenager, I helped my father take an old cupboard we had up to the dump. I picked up a load of wood that was far too heavy for me, staggered over to the skip, shoved it in...and caught my wrist on some nails on the underside that I hadn't seen. Cue mass panic as I thought I'd accidentally slit my wrist. I actually came pretty close to it, and there was a LOT of blood. It didn't help that I had to sit in the car in traffic for about half an hour before I could get it cleaned up at home.

I'll skip over the psychological scars I have, because that would result in a very long, very depressing post that I am sure nobody would want to read and I probably wouldn't want to write~

12. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    I have a number of scars, but I think the only two worth mentioning are the two on my left arm. The first is about halfway up my forearm, and I got it back when I worked in a cafe/bakery. I was taking out a tray of cookies and really wasn't paying attention when sliding it onto the cooling rack when the corner of the tray brushed up against my arm. Instant. Second-degree burn. It took ages to heal, especially since it was my first actual burn, and the bakery didn't have much in the way of a first-aid kit either.

The second is on my left wrist, where I'd burned myself again, this time by accidentally touching my wrist to the rack of my oven as I was taking out some baked tilapia. (This time, I was distracted by the fact that my roommate at the time was making out with his girlfriend in the hallway.) It wasn't that bad of a burn—first-degree instead of second—and this time, I had supplies to take care of it, but it's still pretty visible as a shiny spot on the inside of my wrist.

Pretty much everything else are, like, acne scars, stretch marks, a chicken pox scar from when I was a kid and wouldn't stop picking—pretty normal stuff.

13. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I tend to play it very safe in my life so I don't really have scars. I have one tiny scar on my right thumb and I don't remember where I got it from. I do have a birth mark if that counts as a scar.

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I have a few 'white spots'/scars from old scabs and small burns from being close to dad/mom cooking grease.
    Under my right eyelid I have a small scar, which came when I got hit in the face with a rubber (and air-filled) dodgeball that broke my glasses and the lens cut my eye. Most can't see unless they start messing with my eyelid close up, so that's good. This..also ultimately led to my school dropping dodgeball all together to the hatred of everyone else. 15+ years later I made someone (who wasn't even in my grade school) upset when I told the story. Sure they were upset I got hurt and had to get new glasses, but DODGEBALL WAS BANNED 2 YEARS LATER (after a few tries of using a foam ball)?? The horror! X'D
    My stomach has 3 scars from gallbladder removal surgery, which is better than dad's massive one. The stitches removal months later scared me more than the actual surgery XP (by the point of surgery I was pretty much ready for death, lol)

15. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    The only scar on my body I can think of right now is one just behind my left knee, it's one that my dog gave me with his sharp nails.

16. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I only have one scar, on my chin. It followed me saying, "Hey, wanna see how fast I can ride down this hill on my scooter?" I stopped riding my scooter after that. The front wheel got tangled in a plant that was growing in the cracks on the sidewalk and I did a half flip, landing on my chin. A nice neighbor asked how I was doing. I was crying, but I said I was okay and I walked home. I ended up needing to go to the hospital and got 5 stitches. It still hurts when it gets cold out.