1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

School

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Aug 24, 2020.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    With these times we’re in, how is your school year starting?

My school was supposed to go back 2 weeks ago but for some reason it was pushed back to this week. It’s physical for now (obviously they’re making all students wear masks and socially distance and all those safety things), but I anticipate that it will be virtual in the next few weeks. This is gonna be an interesting senior year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    School's been going for a while and precalc + AP Chem is slowly whittling away at my sanity. It'll be a miracle if my three and a half brain cells don't malfunction and shut down to leave me in a coma before the AP tests are over

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I've been kind of screwed when it comes to college, and I don't really feel like going into detail on why, but I basically am forced into taking exactly one class over the span of the next four months. I'm also applying to a college to transfer to, so I hope that goes well. I'm pretty confident that it will because my score on an important test was really good and my GPA isn't bad either.

4. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I've been taking classes all summer and its been a real choir. Not because its online, I can do online if there is online lecture, its that there is no online lecture. Its all read the book or read this article. Its been trouble for me, but luckily in the next two weeks, I'll be completely done with school.

#4 Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  5. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So, I wasn't planning on making a post here. But holy shit. some teachers.

School for me started on tuesday. Tuesday - Wednesday were good. Nothing went wrong besides the little tech issue I had. Than came Thursday (Today) It should've started with my Alarms waking me up WELLL THEY DIDN'T so I woke up late for Homeroom .

9:17 - Woke up for homeroom (supposed to be there at 9)
    9:20 - Dismissed from homeroom
    9:27 - Still waiting for fifth block teacher to arrive in the Hangouts.
    9:29 - They arrive around 3 minutes late
    class goes as planned
    10:50 - Wait for Sixth block class
    10:58 - Waiting for Sixth block class . ..
    11:00 - They sign in
    11:01 - they kick me out of the class
    11:22 - i'm still trying to contact them
    ~To be continued(?)~

~ All in all school is fun unless you have people who have less understanding about Technology than I do Religion.

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    We just started the second quarter this week and surprisingly, we’re still in school. I thought we’d be shut down within the first week or two, but I’m surprised we made it this far. How about you guys?

7. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Seeing this thread made a little sad about how little things have changed.

I’m dual enrolled between two colleges. The way they’ve handled the pandemic is completely different. The four year university has about half of its classes in person, while the community college is almost completely online.

It’s a struggle. I find language classes easier online, but everything else is so much worse. I’m not the best at organization and online classes require a lot of that skill. As a result I’m only taking two classes this term. One is the Japanese class that I’ll be taking until I graduate. The other is an easy walking class. That way I can spend more time on developing the study skills I never had in High School.