1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sci-Fi Superhero Story Help

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Nova Ozuka, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    RIght, so a few years ago I started a superhero story for NaNoWriMo that takes place in the 41st century iirc. I've written over 10 chapters so far, but here's where I'm stuck. First we have Lucienne Wulan Urquhart, an expy of Samus Aran, who arrives on Earth, and then we have a member of the heroes' team, Yolanda Pollard, a velociraptor-like mutant. Just as they're about to trade information with each other, Yolanda detects the chapter villain. My two problems are that I'm not sure what to write next and that I have no concept for the chapter villain.

I also have another problem that's more with the overall story. I haven't figured out what to call the hero team. The concept for the team that they're kind of like S.H.I.E.L.D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Here's what I would do: Who else aside from Lucienne and Yalonda would want the information they're about to share? A corrupt businessman, a mercenary, a revolutionary rebel? Whatever kind of person that is, your villain can be that kind of person. From there you can work backwards to fill in the rest of their identity. A spy has different motivations than a desperate self-proclaimed hero-of-the-people, for instance; and an anti-government terrorist would have different talents/abilities than a wealthy product of eugenics. So that's what I would do: find out first what kind of person would do the thing you need the villain to do, then create that villain around that criterion.

As for the name, I would choose the easy way and name them after the thing they're trying to do. The Avengers are avenging something, the Guardians of the Galaxy guard the galaxy, the Watchmen watch out for people who they think are bad, the Returners are returning to a place, the Rebels are rebelling. I would decide what this team does and name them The-People-Who-Do-That-Thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nova Ozuka likes this.
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Well the hero team is an antiterrorism organization while the villains are bioterrorists operating under the guise of a genetics corporation.That means anything they send in this scenario will likely be a mercenary, and possibly a genetically enhanced one at that. Genetic experiments are their thing after all.