1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Science and Fluff

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by HarukaAngel, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarukaAngel

HarukaAngel Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    //Slight surge in pressure in left ventricle due to contraction of left atrium forcing blood into left ventricle.

I'm Green Oak, the student council vice-president for Kanto Sky Academy. Our student council comprises of mainly the four of us: Red, myself, Blue and Yellow.
    Red is our president. He is popular, smart, caring, and my bestfriend. He is really talented and observant, thus making him such an excellent athlete. However, despite his amazing observation abilities, he fails to notice just how badly he hides his crush for Yellow. Yellow is our secretary. She is kind, sweet, and a close friend of mine. She is also rather knowledgable when it comes to treating injuries, perfect for Red, seeing how he gets plenty after a match in whichever sport he decided to participate in that time.
    Sadly, one is a dense idiot, and another is just far too shy.
    There is someone messing around, trying to make them quickly get together. Her name is Blue, and she is our treasurer. Why. The four of us have been classmates since we were in fourth grade, and she can be a called a thief. The first time she met Red, she managed to steal his monthly lunch money.
    She is currently sitting opposite me, calculating the funds for the end of year dance. Her math is excellent, always getting first place in math for tests and examinations, without needing to cheat. It's just rather unnerving watching her handle the money for the activity, especially when you could swear to Arceus that there was originally $50 more for the budget for food.
    She twirled her pen skillfully between her right index and middle fingers, biting her lower lip, deep in thought. No one other than Red knows this, but I have a rather unique feeling for that girl. That little common thief.
    But when she winked at me, I flinched. Pesky girl.

//Left ventricle begins to contract, atrio-ventricular valves (bicuspid) closes.

A year ago, I didn't understand that flirt. During class, she successfully got all the boys to feel that helping her with her work is the most important thing in their lives. It was chemistry lesson, a lesson that belongs to me in a sense. I am the top for all sciences after all. Today, our professor had something on, so he left us an assignment regarding chemical calculations to complete by the end of this lesson. This should be a breeze.
    "Cutie~, how do you count this percentage thingy?
    Or not. It was difficult enough to have all the males in the class glare at me as I tried to concentrate on my work. It was not making my situation any easier with this pesky moron sharing seats with me as she started firing question after question.
    "Blue, get your own chair. Then I will remind you the way to calculate the empirical formula."
    She pouted, but complied. Since that day, she always sat beside me during chemistry, to clear her doubts any second she needed. I guess this was when I started having these strange feelings for this pesky girl.

//Left ventricle continues to contract as it's pressure continues to rise.

Day by day, we grew closer, learning more about each other with each time we sat together. I learnt that she was an orphan, that she loved eating strawberries and whipped cream, and that she loved to wear this blue shirt and mini red skirt her brother gave her. She learnt that I didn't like to be called "cutie" or "Greenie", but still won't shut her annoying mouth, calling me that every chance she get.
    I hate it. Everyone calls me the "Ice prince" in school for being a quiet and perfect leader. And from down the hall, you will hear a shrill cry from that loud girl, screaming "Oh Greenie!! Hey Cutie! Don't ignore me!", and everyone around me either giving me looks of pity or giggling.
    I hate it. But for her, I think it's getting more tolerable with each time it happens.

//Blood pressure in the left ventricle higher than that in aorta. Aortic valve/Semi lunar valves open, blood flows from the left ventricle to the aorta.

"Look Green! I like you. I liked you ever since we were in fifth grade. And if you don't know, didn't notice, or just don't like it, I understand. Look, I'm sorry, I'll stop it. I'll stop everything, I-" Blue came to me in tears, before, defeated, wanting to turn away from me. I grabbed her arm, stopping her, before kissing her lips deeply. Pulling back, I smirked, replying with "I like you too."
    This is what I hoped happened. Instead of this.
    I stood up from my desk, hands crashing down on my pile of work as I stared at her. Her table was right across mine. I could do this. I could do this!
    "Blue! You pesky, noisy, loud moron, I like you dammit. I don't know why, but I do. Will you go with me to the end of year dance?"
    Great. Red, Yellow, and anyone within the room, or anywhere near the room in fact, heard it. Just my luck.

//Left ventricle begins to relax and aortic valve closes to prevent back flow. Left ventricle continues to relax and it's pressure continues to drop.

I stared, dumbfounded and frustrated at myself. I can't believe it. I fell into the traps of that pesky little flirt! I fell for that noisy little thief! I growled, shoving all my work off the table and onto the floor, angry at myself. Grabbing my bag, I yelled to Red that I will be going to our dorm room first, before storming out. After walking to the school gate, I sighed, dropping my bags, before sitting down on the sidewalk.
    I did my best to calm down, before sighing. I can't believe it. I screwed up.
    "Of course you messed up." I heard Red smirk behind me, before sitting down beside me. That moron could read my mind like its no business. Used to it though. "Blue's a mess right now. She started... spazzing? I don't know what it is, but now she is going nuts and Yellow's trying to calm her down."
    "Why?"
    "Green, she liked you ever since we were in fifth grade. Remember that time she stole your phone? She begged me to forgive her in your place, saying that she just wanted you to look at her."
    We talked for quite a while, before he stood up, offering his hand to me to help pull me up.
    "Come on. There's no turning back now."

//AV valve (bicuspid) opens as pressure in left ventricle is lower than that in left atrium. Blood flows from pulmonary vein into left atrium into left ventricle.

As soon as I stepped in, Blue sprung onto me, hugging me so tightly that she almost cut off the blood circulation around my throat.
    "Yes, yes, yes! Greenie I like you too!"
    I felt my spirits lift immediately. I felt more at ease especially when she started telling me every single thing she did to make me notice her. Usually, I will get intensely annoyed with these kind of things, finding them extremely frivolous. I guess she is my exception.

//Left atrium contracts, repeating the cycle.

This is my explanation on the blood pressure, specifically on the left side of the heart. Red! It's your turn!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.