1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Scramble Pirates Chapter 1! Scrambling to Set Sail!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by OzoneFruit, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Piper's heart began to beat faster. This does NOT look good. "Uh... c'mon! We gotta get there before... um... the smith leaves and lock everything?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Aurora looked around. A couple of pirates were eyeing the group suspiciously due to Anna’s sudden outrage. She decided to stay silent once again, not trying to acquire anymore attention.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Bigjaw didn’t want to be fighting against the people he considered his allies so he didn’t respond. Though, he was feeling uneasy about the other pirates around him. It was getting to the point to where he’d attack the first stranger who came up to him.

4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,634.9
    Anna took a deep breath, and sped up a bit to get to the blacksmith's door quicker. "Please, I don't want to get into a fight. It's bad enough I can't control my Outrage. Once I activate Outrage, I cannot stop until either I get knocked out or I snap out of it and there's a whole lot of destruction surrounding me, and then I pass out. You really don't want that happening, because when I go into Outrage mode, I literally cannot tell friend from foe." Anna said, imploring that fight should not happen at any circumstance.

5. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    “It’s fine.” Bigjaw said with less enthusiasm than usual. Again, he just wanted to get everyone out fo here in one piece. And that could mean slashing people to pieces in his case.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Piper chirped. "Bigjaw, she's right. A fight won't do us any good here. We'll be fine without it. We're there, anyway!"

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OOC PSA:

After many MANY months of this being on hiatus, we now have Summer Scramble 2019 upon us, and mark my words, I will do my dang darndest best to revive this RP now. I will be in Hawaii for another 24 hours, but expect me to make some more posts this weekend upon my return! On a more sobering note, I feel like I owe an explanation/apology of what is basically me going hard AWOL.

First off, I apologize to everyone I've kept waiting for what is basically half a year at this point, if not more. I had a blast with this RP and then I kinda just disappeared on everyone soon after, and for that, I'm sincerely, SINCERELY sorry. I know it gets thrown around a lot, but real life right after the Scramble got pretty hectic. If I have to be honest, my uni grades were slipping a bit, and I realized I wasn't really happy with my major so was in the process of changing it, so that played a big factor in why I had to go.

Secondly, the other reason I left was due to an event I will try not to dig up too much atm. If you really want details, DM me, or better, an Admin (as I don't feel completely comfortable divulging stuff), but to make the long story short, I found out that a now-banned group of users on LV had been secretly mocking, trash-talking, and slandering other users, myself among them. To be honest, I was pretty hurt by this, as I'm sure all other affected users were, as well as the community as a whole (some of the message screenshots I read cut really deep). It really shocked me that this was all happening behind LV's back, and that, coupled with the uni struggles, ultimately tipped the scales in making take an indefinite leave of absence.

But, as they say, time heals, and now that I'm once again a Team Captain in #SS2019, I gotta make things up, amirite? So much to see, so much to do, so much to organize, I can't wait to get back into action!

It's good to be back.

YOU ARE A PIRATE. o7

8. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    “Whatever...” Bigjaw said quietly. He extended one of his metal claws and started picking at his fangs. He found the metal scratching as his gums calmed himself. It was his way of fidgeting.

9. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OOC: Quick recap of what has happened in this scene, since it's been a while. @Smarty_Pants001 's character, Joshua the Servine, witnessed @Grimwave 's character, Grimwing the Gabite, break out into a scuffle with a Krokorok and Sableye over winning too much at a dice game (possibly thanks to his lucky Amulet Coin ability). @Laserdragon14 's character, Shadow the Riolu, also witnessed the fight, but stayed in the back. The Nidoqueen bar matron, Telma, broke up the fight with mugs to the face and is now having the offenders clean up. Joshua just wants something to eat, and Shadow is checking up on Grimwing. In the above attic, my characters, Oscar and Olive Oshawott (twin wannabe pirates), have scampered up into the bar's attic after running away from @King Dedede 's character, Bigjaw the Croconaw, because Oscar chucked a coconut at him. @Merdrabolt 's chracter, Umbra the Zorua, also was at the bar, but it appears Merdra has taken a leave of absence from LV until SwSh comes out. I will be omitting them from now, though @Merdrabolt, you are welcome to come back at a future time! :)

-----

Telma grunted. "Three gold coins for the small lunch and five for the big one. We also offer a jumbo that's free if you finish the whole thing, but it's eight otherwise. Water mugs are on the house. Though if I smell any more funny business today, everyone's getting a mug to the face," she added with a slight glower in her eyes. "Oi, NUMBSKULLS!" she barked at the Sableye and Krokorok, who were woozily getting to their feet. "Start moppin' the floor why dontcha? Barry, grab them the cleaning supplies!"

"Yes, dear," Telma's Krookodile husband responded meekly, shuffling through a door behind the bar.

"Yes, ma'am,' the Sableye and Krokorok muttered in unison. They both looked now quite downtrodden.

"Now," Telma said, returning her attention to Joshua. "Which meal would you like? Today's special is the soup and sandwich combo."

----
    ----

OOC Recap: @HeroofFire101 's chracter, Anna Hayden the Charmeleon, @BZRich64 (Marcus the Machamp), along with the Crimson Company @King Dedede (Bigjaw the Croconaw), @Fchicken77 (Aurora the Pidgeotto), @ChocoChicken (Piper the Fletchling), @Ridlins (Samson the Alolan Sandshrew), @TripleAAABattery (Rhys the Chinchou) are all walking to the blacksmith shop together after a brief trip to Percy the Pelipper's navigation shop. Crimson Company and Marcus purchased a Sundial, Compass, and Spyglass before leaving. Anna had a brief outburst over being swindled earlier, though has calmed down, though it appears she's hiding a darker secret. A few unsavory pirates have begun eyeing the group after said outburst, and Marcus is keeping everyone in order.

-----

As the group of misfits neared closer to the sound of hammering and clanking metal, they began to feel the heat of multiple forges, and caught a whiff of burning coals and wood. It appeared this blacksmith shop was less a shop and more of an outdoor yard littered with scrap. The first Pokémon they noticed was an elderly-looking and rather sooty Torkoal (OOC, inspired by Team Crimson's mascot, picture attached), who breathed rhythmically as his shell glowed with a bright steady light. A pair of red-hot ingots peeked out of the holes in his shell, which a Monferno was eyeing carefully, tongs in each hand. Various Fire, Steel, and Fighting-type Pokémon were stationed throughout the area, some pounding away at anvils, others transporting metal and newly crafted tools back and forth.

The Torkoal drew in a deep (and rather loud) breath, and as he did, the flames emanating from his shell shot up fiercely, making the ingots within glow even brighter than before. Anna watched the scene unfold with fascination in her eyes. Samson, on the other hand, seemed a bit wary of all the flames.

"Get ready for transport, Bucky!" the Torkoal ordered in a soft but authoritative voice. "Take them over to Bunsen as soon as I say!"

"Yes, Master Erysophe," the Monferno replied unflinchingly. "Ready when you are!

"Good!" the Torkoal began to inhale even more air, and the heat continued to rise. The ingots were now glowing white-hot. "Now!" Erysophe shouted.

Without another word, the Monferno fished out the ingots and walked with a calm but brisk pace over to a Magmar by an anvil. The Magmar nodded and took the tongs, and then began pounding at ingots with a large hammer.

Seeing that his part of the process was finished, Erysophe exhaled and coughed, smoke pouring out of his mouth and shell. "I'm not as young as I used to be..." he wheezed under his breath. Then, noticing the small crowd walking up to the yard, he cleared his throat and called out. "Well, hello there! Welcome to Shell Smashers Smithing! Can I interest you in anything?" (OOC: Erysophe totally sounds like Oogway from Kung Fu Panda and no one can change my mind.)

Attached Files:

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Piper watched the whole scene, eyes wide in amazement. He was a Pokémon that evolved into a Fire-type after all, so the heat didn’t bother him as much. The rhythmic pounding was actually rather nice to listen to once he got used to it.

11. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Aurora looked at the blacksmith workers in silence, observing what they were creating. She then shifted her attention back to the aged Torkoal.
    (OOC: Now that I think about it, the Crimson Company remind me of GOTG. Idk. Just gives me lots of vibes.)

12. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Bigjaw felt a wave of calmness wash over him. It wasn’t because of him picking at his fangs. Finally getting his friends away from all of the potential danger got the croc to relax. His body language showed he was much more calm.

13. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,634.9
    The heat welcomed Anna, reminding wistfully of her home and of the forge. She could remember all the times she hammered together with her mom and grandmother, her grandfather laughing in the background. Anna could remember the first time she held a hammer, as she struggled with it's weight, her mother laughing at her antics. She wanted to share the same experiences to her own children when she get older. The song of the forge called to deep within her bones, telling her of the many successes and failures she had while learning how to be a blacksmith. Anna stood up taller, proud of who she is, a Hayden Blacksmith, through and through. "Hello, sir. My name is Anna Hayden, and I want to sell these ores and swords for some gold. I am far away from my home, and I would like to go back. Are you, sir, the master of this lovely forge?" Anna said, introducing herself to the Torkoal, showing her Hayden Pride. She may not know her father, but she's proud to be a Hayden Blacksmith.

14. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Samson was an Ice-type, so it goes without saying that he was never fond of the heat. As he neared the forge, his discomfort clearly began to show. He wouldn't have stood this close if he wasn't getting his axe sharpened. As Anna was the first to approach the smith, Samson patiently waited for her to finish selling her ores.

15. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Bigjaw tapped Samson on the shoulder to get his attention. “Hey, you alright?” the croc asked with concern in his voice. “I can cool you off by just doing River Run around you.”

16. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Feeling someone tap on his shoulder, Samson turned around. It was Bigjaw, who seemed somewhat concerned about him. "I'll live, Bigjaw. This isn't the first time I've been near a forge."

17. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Bigjaw rolled his eyes. “Yeah, but why suffer through it if you have something that can make you not feel terrible,” Bigjaw said.

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    “Bigjaw’s right,” Piper chimed. “You don’t have to suffer through it!” He attempted to help cool the Alolan Sandshrew by flapping his wings. It honestly wasn’t quite effective.

19. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Rhys wasn't very interested in anything that the forge had to offer. he had no real weaponry to speak of. He was much more concerned with how uncomfortable Samson was near the forges, and with what Bigjaw said to him.. "S-sorry, but i do agree, especially with it being my job AND primary concern making sure you aren't suffering or feeling uncomfortable. Seriously, just say the word and I can cool you down a gentle water pulse of my own!" He said, facing in the direction of Samson, as well as facing Erysophe and his forge.

20. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    "Hey, kid! Yeah, you, the Riolu!" Shadow started as he heard a rough voice call out from behind him. He turned around and saw the Krookodile barkeep approaching him, his arms full with towels. The Zorua gave a small yelp, and shied away from the Initimidation Pokémon. She wasn't about to get mixed up in today's scuffle anymore than she already had, swiftly transforming into a Yungoos and slinking away between the bigger Pokemons' feet. Shadow remained behind, lacking any form of Illusion.

"Yes?" Shadow replied warily.

The Krookodile groaned stretching his shoulders a bit. "Sorry to ask this of ya kid, but think you could take a few of these over to that Gabite over there?" He dropped a small bundle of towels on the floor. "I'm gonna have my hands full making sure that Sableye and Krokorok stay in line in the kitchen or Telma will have my backside. Tell him to fetch some fresh tablecloths from the attic too."