1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Scramble Pirates Chapter 1! Scrambling to Set Sail!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by OzoneFruit, Aug 13, 2018.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    -----

Erysophe let out a wheezy, hearty laugh seeing the Charmeleon's introduce herself. "Thank you, young lady, you flatter me! And yes, I have operated this forge for the past, ohhh, forty or fifty years now. I am an old turtle! And if we are talking ores, you've come to the right place!" Noticing the Sandshrew's look of discomfort, he smiled warmly and nodded his head towards a nearby bench. "Let us move over there! I don't want to make your friend uncomfortable." He started to walk off, his shell still burning quite hotly. Anna followed behind eagerly, and Samson let out a small sigh of relief as he felt the heat fade.

Erysophe sat down on the ground while the Monferno from earlier pulled up a seat for Anna with a polite nod before returning back to work. "Now then, young lady," Ersyophe said. "What sort of work do you have to show me? I sense you have some smithing experience in you!"

----

----

As the Torkoal walked off with Anna, the rest of the group looked around, unsure of what to do. A Machoke wearing rather thick gloves passed by carrying a crate of wood and metal with seemingly no effort. He stopped to glance at them briefly. "Feel free to look around the place," he said in a gruff voice. "Weapons are by those Magmar to the left, shield and tools are by that Emboar," he followed up, before walking off again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    "Thank you, sir!" Anna eagerly replied to the Master Blacksmith she was in front of. She followed him and sat down in the chair the Monfero assistant provided. "Well sir, I am also a blacksmith by trade, as it was my mother and grandmother who taught me. I have brought with me, and the mustachioed Machamp here is carrying what I would like to sell. They are ores that I have collected in the past few weeks, and the weapons here I would also like to sell. I have assessed them thoroughly and have come to the conclusion that they are of poor quality and are sorry excuses for weapons. They are no better than bar stock and should be melted down. I would do them myself...but however I lack a forge to do so in. I would like some gold so I can pay for a ship to leave this port and go home, as I am far from home and would love to go back." Being quite honest with the Master Blacksmith, leaving out the fact that she was taken from her home quite horribly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Bigjaw was not at ease since Samson was no longer gonna melt off his icey skin. Bigjaw looked around the armory to get a good feel for his surroundings. His blind eye was able to make out blobs of orange which were the intense flames of the forge. His good eye however saw objects that just made him feel inadequate.

The croc saw weapons of all shapes and sizes being created or on display to be sold. He groaned in frustration. “Why am I so terrible with any weapon imaginable?” the croc said quietly.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    "Hmmmm, I see..." Erysophe replied thoughtfully. "Well, I'll take a look at what you have! I am never one to turn down more materials! Big fellow!" the Torkoal called out to Marcus. "Can you bring over that bag, please?" The Machamp lumbered over and neatly emptied the bag's contents onto the bench. "Thank you!" Erysophe said.

"No problem," Marcus said before heading back over to the others. He kept an eye on the two Fire-types though, wary of Anna's temper from her previous "business deal".

"Now then... let's see what we have here..." Erysophe said, bending his neck over to examine the weapons and ores more closely. He leaned in a bit too close and bumped his nose on the corner of the table. "Oh!" he exclaimed in pain before chuckling. "Hmmmm..." as he squinted, the air around him seemed to change, and Anna could tell the Torkoal was being quite thorough with his evaluation. This was a Pokémon with decades of experience.

Erysophe continued to look over the weapons, occasionally picking one up in his mouth and tapping it on the table's surface. After a minute or two of examining, Erysophe nodded and looked up at Anna. "Well, young lady, I'm afraid you're right about the part where most of these are rather poor quality. Temper's uneven in a lot of the blades here, which could be disastrous in a fight." He gestured his neck towards a pile of daggers he had made. "These two..." he said motioning towards a pair of short swords. "They aren't bad. You could keep those for sparring and just let them dull over time, but I wouldn't recommend actual combat with them. As for the ores... the coppers don't seem to have a lot in them, but the iron seems to be of very, very good quality, actually! Would you happen to know where it came from?"

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    Marcus was rather released to have finally been able to put down the heavy load he had been carrying for some time now. As strong as he was, it was still tiring to Cary so much stuff for that long. He stretched his four arms and flexed a bit before taking a seat on the bench with the others.

6. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    "Well, during my time here, I've noticed there were a lot of natural caves around this port, and one thing my mother taught me was that natural caves can sometimes lead to ores. When the caves were not used by pirates, I went down with my tail flame lighting the way and making sure it's safe, sometimes using a flamethrower to burn up the gases. I happened to find a good vein of iron within, so using my Metal Claw, I gathered some up. Something unique about my family is that we can tell how much carbon and impurities are in a metal through our hands, and using our hands, claws, and our fire, we can melt down the ore into ingots and get out most of the impurities. We also have another unique ability to control the temperature of our flames, so with our abilities, we can use our flames to make a stronger product, so it would last longer. Grandmother told me that one of our ancestors forged up a sword for the King that never broke and impossibly sharp, and is now passed down through generations in the Royal Family." Anna explained, using her hands to tell the story, "She swears up and down that the Royal Sword was inlaid with sheddings of the God of Time's horns, but I'm skeptical on that part of the legend. I did, however, forge this sword I carry myself." As she pulled out her sword with her left hand. It was about 2 1/2 feet in length from hilt to point, and it's cross length of about 2 1/2 inches, with it's hilt a hand-half style. While it was deceptively plain, it in actuality had engravings on the grip and hilt. Doubled edged and straight, the blade had like an unworldly presence emitting from it. On the butt end of the hilt, was a red gemstone with the hilt metal wrapping around it protectively, and the leather on the grip was worn. "I forged it, and inlaid it with some horn sheddings I found while walking in the fields on the outskirts of my hometown, along with the Red Gem I found through exploring. When I was done with the blade, I showed it to my mother, and she told me to keep it, and make it mine. She told me it was priceless. And...in the time I forged it, I only had to sharpen it once, after I finished it." Anna then turned the hilt to where the hilt met the grip, and she showed him the Hayden stamp. "This is my family's makers mark." An H with flames surrounding it.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (not gonna let this stay down for over a year just yet!)
    Although he probably... er, definitely didn't understand a good chunk of what Anna had just said, Piper could understand the value of her sword and maybe a bit of all the history. "You made that all by yourself? That's really, really cool!" he chirped in appreciation, admiring the sword from a short distance.

HeroofFire101 likes this.
  8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    Marcus looked around the old blacksmith shop, growing impatient. When he had agreed to help out the Charmeleon, he hadn't expected it to take so long and he had someplace to be. Somewhere that he thought the Charmeleon would be interested in, if he could just get her alone for a moment, away from this band of amateur pirates that he didn't want listening in.