1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Scrapped art

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Nov 6, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sometimes art just doesn’t end up the way you want it to and it gets scrapped in favor for another piece or just a rework of the original. Do you guys scrap any of your art or do you always follow through with the original idea?

It really depends on the day for me. I have good and bad art days and on good days I usually don’t have to start over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I scrap a lot of art. I'll like the sketch but the lineart would go bad, or how I tried working with the markers (or the appearance of the markers on paper, esp my brown sketchbook that is the only one i have free) makes me loose interest and it sits unfinished. I sometimes try to redraw it but not often

3. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I don't scrap art often, maybe just a handful of times. But usually it's because I find the idea boring or its just not an interesting image at all.
    I still have them all saved on my dropbox in case I want to refine the idea in future though. That's happened a couple of times!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I scrap a lot. Too much.

5. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I scrapped two just today or welll half and half. I still drew them.
    Basically I was drawing Pokémon as people with really cute hoodies I'd drawn pikachu on my laptop and it looked great so I thought "Espeon" but I did it on paper it looked good so I figured I'd try it on the computer and see how it went...I gave up before I'd even finished the base...it was gonna suck I did the same with a chatot drawing. I guess I just dump redrawing art?

6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    If it’s in my art book then I won’t scrap it. I only have so many pieces of fancy drawing in there.

But if it’s looseleaf or a lesser paper then I scrap more than I like

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I have more… unfinished wips than scrapped art. x)

But there are wips I'll just start over because I've learned in the meantime. Or at least I plan to do that… and I have to remember about the "learn" part. x)

8. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    I scrap 99% of the things I draw lmao

9. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    i try to follow through with everything i do so i rarely end up scrapping stuff..... the only time would be if the idea doesnt interest me anymore so i make sure to like the idea before i do anything hah

though on some days i scrap like 9 things in the span of an hour because Art Is Hard and those are the worst days because i never get anything done

10. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I scrap a lot of art. I'd say only about 1/10th of the things I draw ever get posted online, or shown to anyone.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Most of the stuff I make gets scrapped. Sometimes it's because I don't like the way it seems to be turning into out, other times it's because I get bored with the project. Most of the time it's the former reason though.