1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Secret Bases Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Deltheor, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    It has just been confirmed that Secret Bases will be making a comeback in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! You will be able to share your own personal base with people around the world with StreetPass, or you can make a QR Code for your base, allowing others to visit it easily.

[​IMG]

When you visit other Secret Bases, you can meet people in their base and invite them back to your own Secret Base. You can freely interact and battle with these people, called 'Secret Pals', who can have special skills that will aid you in-game. You can get new decorations, make eggs hatch even faster, and even raise the level of certain Pokémon! They're similar to O-Powers in X and Y, except tied to the Secret Bases themselves.

[​IMG]

Make sure to gather your friends and add them as Secret Pals to collect more special skills, as they will certainly help you advance much farther in your adventure. You can use Decorations to create tricks in your Secret Base, decide the rules for what kind of Pokémon battles are allowed there, and make it like your very own Pokémon Gym!

[​IMG]

You can also collect flags while visiting other players' bases, which are located beside the PC in each Secret Base. The more flags you collect, the higher your rank grows, and you can earn more rewards such as improving the skills of your Secret Pals! Flag colors will change based on a team's rank.

[​IMG]

A new character called Aarune has been added as well. He has a Flygon on his team and he seems to walk you through the ins and outs of Secret Bases.

[​IMG]
    You can look forward to making your own Secret Base (and visiting your friends' bases) in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! What are you excited about the most when it comes to Secret Bases?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ~Snowy~, shinygiratinaz and Gemini like this.
  2. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I kinda knew they would make a come back, and the wi-fi was predictable, BUT- awesome. No complaints, I'm uber excited about it x3 I can't wait to get to that point and start decorating and visiting other bases. Trolling I will go >3 Probably only to friends though.

Is it weird I'm also excited about that guide Aarune? lol I really like his design and, his personality, at least based on the pictures, looks like fun. I may have to draw him at some point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Nah, he looks pretty cool! I'm glad they're introducing some new characters in ORAS as well, what I've seen of him so far looks awesome.

4. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I told my friend IRL and she was freaking out. xD

I'm going to put a lot of Pokémon plushies in my secret base. :)

I'm also happy that you can visit your friend's bases. Kind of reminds me of the Sinnoh underground a bit.

5. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    This is awesome! It's like what I really liked about the Sinnoh underground combined with what I really liked about secret bases! It's the best thing ever! :starryeyes:

6. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I like the secret bases, and I'm wondering how visiting friends will work. It sort of reminds me of the Underground in D/P/P with the flag system, and Animal crossing with the Secret Pals thing.

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    YES! I have what I want, secret bases! This is so awesome, I really wanted this :D

Now only a Mega Milotic and I can die in peace :)

8. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    now we only need to customize our characters and this game will be perfect <33
    I hear we can send out secret base around with street pass. that would be brilliant!

9. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    What was so good about X/Y again, I forgot :D

10. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    This is awesome! I knew they would bring the secret bases, but this is even better! :D

I liked a lot the secret bases, but this is incredible!

More reasons to buy the game :3

11. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    One thing I'm curious about is how the battle system will work. If your Pokémon has a Mega Stone and you have the Mega Bangle, will it Mega Evolve against people who battle you in your base? It would be really cool if it did, I honestly hope they include that. It would make the Secret Base battle system a lot more interesting.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I am really excited for the secret bases. It looks to be one of the most exciting things about OR/AS. I'm a huge fan of the QR codes idea too, and the whole Secret Base mixed with the underground seems pretty cool too. (I know it's not actually mixed with the Sinnoh underground, but some of the ideas seem to come from there)

The new character looks interesting too, and it made me think; he apparently has a Flygon, which obviously is a fully evolved Pokémon, and I'm pretty sure from what we've seen - the first time you meet him, you battle him. This leads me to believe that either we'll get introduced to the secret bases later on in the game, or the difficulty might have ramped up. (Maybe even a challenge mode?)

But either way, great piece of news and I hope we continue to get more exciting updates like these. Make sure to keep an eye on the main site if you're ever curious about news, folks.

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    -sheds tears of joy- thank u gamefreak :')

I'm very excited about this and I'm glad that they have added a lot of great features like sending our secret base data to other players using QR codes and being able to battle other players in their base.
    It's said that we can sort of make our very own Gym.

I bet I'm going to spend too much time designing my own base instead of completing the main story itself, haha.

Imagine a running into a base filled with Mega-using trainers while hatching eggs with only Slugma or Magcargo in your party tho

14. AmpharosTheBeast

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Can't wait forbases

15. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I like that they decided to bring back something that was unique to Gen III and re-invent it. At least this time we have Wi-Fi capabilities and don't have to connect to other devices with a link cable (which not too many people had when Hoenn was released). Now it's a lot more capable of handling battles, perhaps something to the effect of Battle Frontier stage battles, friend invites and mini-games and a whole lot more space to add couches and stuff.

Yep, I want that Snorlax seat.

Please try adding some thought into your posts and make them less generic next time. Just a friendly heads-up.

Fizzysoda likes this.
  16. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Super pumped for OR/AS now. The whole gym feature for your bases sounds awesome and having Street Pass AND QR Code thing is pretty sweet. Can't wait to make my base.

17. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    This brings back lots of memories looking forward to it <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.