1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

semi obligatory character thread

Discussion in 'LV Fan Region: Meroi' started by Skittle, Dec 9, 2020.

1. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Thats Fair.

But you underestimate my power of being able to create a character from the badge itself!

Gimme a few days and I'll have some new gym leader designs based on those gym badges

2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    backlogging this thread because im so good at checking it and !!!!! so many ideas that are interesting oooooo

on one hand i can get behind the idea of a champion who isnt on the "no staph evil team" side because its something that hasnt been done before in the games!! im fairly sure in the manga lance is a straight up war criminal so it doesnt seem out of place. but then if its handled wrong it feels like Pokémon adventures and fun fact i really REALLY hate pokespe because it feels needlessly edgy so. im down with the concept as long as we dont turn it into a 14 year olds ash betrayed ffnet story (aka maybe just having the champion pull the strings and nobody in the league is really aware)

also a concept i was thinking about: since we're having so much fun with gym leaders, in galar they imply that they have a minor league gym circuit too?? so with that in mind...... screw it, MORE GYMS SO WE CAN USE AS MANY GYM LEADERS AS POSSIBLE!!! sports are Big in america so it kinda makes sense. idk what story purpose a minor league would fill but sometimes u dont need a purpose. just more funky gym leaders

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Captain Comet likes this.
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Oooooo maybe minor league leaders are optional post-game battles? This would necessitate more cities than normal though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Possibly. I do like the idea of having Minor Gym Leaders. Tbough maybe they dont need to have their own cities?

I imagine that being a Minor League gym leader either means one of two things. One, youre not popular or powerful enough that the Pokémon League doesnt give you its full official support. Two is that Minor league is just a term used for gym leaders whos badges dont count for that years Pokémon League. You can get them but the badge is not worth collecting.

In both of those cases maybe we can have the minor gym leaders have liw key gyms in places where there are already gyms. Like maybe one city has the Official Electric Gym but it also has a Dark Type gym in a random house or something. Youd have to search for it since theyre hidden with no signifiers outside. Maybe even the empty filler towns (Think Littleroot, Oldale, Slateport, Pacifilog) have their own little hidden gyms for the minor league gym leaders and you have to talk around to see where they are.

!!! That gives me an idea for a possible story beat. This is concerning the idea that Major and Minor gymleaders switch out every season. Maybe once you become champion it would be the start of a new season. So not only are you going around seeing if teh Major Gymleaders are still up for it but also checking if any Minor Gym Leaders can impress you enough to aurpass a Major league and take their spot instead. Maybe the Minor League gym leaders actually just try to battle you in a title defense thing (like in Sun and Moon) where if they impress you enough they could become a proper gym leader.

Just spit balling but it would be pretty cool

Captain Comet likes this.
  5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    as a small note for a potential minor league: minor league sports have their own stadiums!! theyre Much smaller but they have their own little place to play because ive been to many minor league baseball games over the years. also like they say in swsh a player gets moved down to the minor league if theyre underperforming (at least thats how it works in baseball) so interesting lore maybe???

u see me talking a lot about baseball huh kinda like how galar was modeled off of soccer (football for the europeans) baseball is THE sport here in the us so it would be fun to take a page from galar and make the gyms feel like a sport!! maybe without the gym challenge bc i thought that was kinda lame tho

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I would like to point out that if we were to have both major and minor league gyms, the minor league would likely be less of a challenge (hence why it's called the minor league). Perhaps we could have the minor league be our "main" gym challenge while the major league that the player goes through as part of their initial journey while the major league would be the post-game challenge designed for those who have already reached the rank of Champion to become Masters.