1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shadows and Nightmares- A PMD story

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by The Meme Master, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Meme Master

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    (Hello everyone, I am The Meme Master, here to bring you my story. This story was adapted from a RP I did a long time ago, but I hope you enjoy. I will update this as I update the story. It is also posted on Fanfiction.net, in case anyone wants to go there as well. Otherwise, please enjoy the story, and if you have any questions or comments, let me know!)

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The young Eevee made her way down a quiet path that was leading to the nearby town. The silence didn't disturb her, it was more calming than anything. Despite the serenity of the path worry began to nibble at her belly. She didn't know if she would be chased away, for some unknown reason, just like at the last town she had visited. The screams off the Pokémon still echoed a bit in her ears; the memory of them pointing at the symbol on her chest before chasing her was as fresh as if it had happened yesterday.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Of course she didn't know what the symbol meant or why it scared the other Pokémon, she just knew she always had it, and that her parents had given it to her[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px].[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]She let out a sigh. Regardless of all that she still had to risk going into town. She and her little sister were running low on supplies and really needed more. Seleena was so small, Nightmare was afraid of her getting sick. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Perhaps last time was just a misunderstanding. Maybe the Pokémon in this town will be more sympathetic. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare thought optimistically. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As she drew closer the town came into view. It was apparent this town was small. Most big cities, or even the bigger and more developed villages, had guards posted on the entrance and this town was lacking in that. She walked through the archway without issue. As she got farther in she stayed out of the way and tried to be as unnoticeable as possible. Being young some of the older Pokémon still intimidated her. Some Pokémon gave her strange looks but kept on walking while others ignored her completely. The relived her and put a small smile on her face. Eventually she found the local store. Run, of course, by a Kecleon. He had obviously heard her approach, trying to finish what he was doing quickly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I do beg your pardon, but I'll be with you in a moment." he called out in an airy voice. He turned around with a bright smile. "Now what is it I can help you wi-"he stopped mid sentence, his mouth gaping, he was staring at the mark on her chest.. "No,no it can't be....they died..." He face stark with terror he started screaming. "HELP! EVERYONE THEY'RE BACK! CALL THE GUARDS! THERE COULD BE MORE OF THEM HIDING NEARBY!!!!!" He ran away, repeating to everyone he passed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Her ears folded back in confusion and fear. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Why are they so afraid of me? I-I didn't do anything! [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She heard footsteps pounding towards and she bolted towards the town entrance. It terrified her to think of what might happen if they caught her. Risking a glance back Nightmare saw a group of Pokémon, all with furious expression, and headed by a Dodrio chasing her. Finally she bolted through the gate, angry screams following her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"AND STAY OUT!!! MONSTERS LIKE YOU AREN'T WELCOME HERE!!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]She couldn't understand what made them so angry, why she was chased from every town she entered. Deep down she knew what the problem was. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]It can't be my family's emblem. It just can't! [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She shook her head, coming to a stop. The yelling had faded away and she couldn't hear any foot steps. She took a deep breath and started toward the abandoned cave she and Seleena were sharing. She didn't want to disappoint her but what other choice did she have?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]***[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Her little sister scampered out to meet her, ears perked and coat seemingly glowing in the early morning light. "Did you get the supplies Night?" Seleena asked softly, jumping a bit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare shook her head sadly. "No, they chased me away again. They were really angry." Her ears drooped a bit.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Seleena tilted her head at this. "Did ya' say something weird, I mean you do say some silly things but that's not that bad." She asked innocently.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare sighed. She really hated doing this but it was the only way to get what they needed. "Seleena, I need you to try and go into the town to get the supplies, OK? You think you can do that?" she asked her sister seriously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Her eyes widened. "But, but what if they attack me to? Why would it be any different from you going?" She shivered a bit. "I can't run as fast as you yet."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You can use your link if you get in trouble. I'll com running." She nuzzled Seleena's cheek. "I trust you little sister, you're a strong Pokémon, I know you can do it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"O-ok..." she ran her paw through the dirt. "I-I'll go. I uh I'll need the money though."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare nodded and gave her their coin bag. "The list is inside. Remember if you get in trouble just use the link and I'll come running." Seleena nodded, taking the bag, and headed towards the town. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare sighed and layed down just outside of the cave. As she watched her sister go her mind began to drift back to something her parents had told her when she was very little.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]~~~[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"This is going to hurt dear, but you must bear through it." Her mother had said. "It is the crest of our family and you should wear it proudly until the day you die."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"One day your mother and I won't be with you and it will be up to you to carry on our legacy and practice." Her father had told her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Really?" She remembered asking. "Will I really be as strong as you guys?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Even stronger, we believe you can be the strongest Pokémon the world has ever seen." Her mother had told her, pride gleaming in her eyes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]**[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare was saying her last goodbyes to her parents before they left on an expedition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Now, pay attention Nightmare, I need you to do something very important. When your sibling hatches I want you to give them the family crest. If its a girl, like you, name her Sabotage." Her mother told her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"If its a male, name him Deceit." Her father instructed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright. But I really wish you didn't have to go. You'll both miss their hatching!" She remembered the sadness she had felt when saying so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I know dear, but I'm going to be brutally honest here." Her mother had continued with a sigh. "I'm not sure if your father and I will make it back this time. If we don't come home with in a week of your sibling's hatching, which should be in three days, or you haven't heard from us you must leave this place. You have to take your sibling and get far away from here. Can you promise me this?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare nodded. "Of course. I promise."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare remembered smiling widely as the first crack in her sister's egg appeared. As she watched with anticipation a tiny head poked out of the egg. Soon her sister tumbled out, shaking eggshell off her fur. She looked up at Nightmare with big green eyes, a smile plastered on her face. She had leaned down to let her sister see her better. "Welcome to the world little sister." The little eevee clambered onto Nightmares back, squeaking happily.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I bigger now!" She squeaked. "Wow!" She cried as Nightmare set her gently on the ground again. Nightmare looked over the little one curiously. she remembered wondering if her parents really had branded her this early, and give her such a threatening name? She still didn't know the true answer to that question now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]What she did know at that time was that she didn't have the heart to fulfill her parent's requests. She remembered how much it hurt to get the mark and she didn't want to do that to her baby sister.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare pulled her close and nuzzled her. "Sister, your name is Seleena. The perfect name for my baby sister." she had smiled tenderly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Seu-leena?" Seleena echoed with a tilt of her head. She had repeated her name several times. "Seleena! Like Seleena!" she had chirped happily.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Their parents hadn't come back or sent any word the week following Seleena's hatching. Nightmare had expected this. So she packed only their necessary supplies and took Seleena away. Her sister had been confused by this, and didn't understand why Nightmare was so sad. She had followed her regardless, and tried to cheer her up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Neither sister was aware of how long and hard their journey was going to be.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]~~~[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare sighed after reflecting on this. She couldn't wondering if it really was her parent's crest that upset others so badly. She knew she would get her answer when Seleena returned.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]She did, however, know one thing for certain. If anyone ever hurt her sister then they would find out why she was named Nightmare. She would live up to her name and become their nightmare.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was night outside. Most places across the Pokémon world, Pokémon were sleeping. But there were some that were not. Inside a dungeon, most Pokémon never slept. But in this case, two non-dungeon Pokémon were inside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Singularity looked around him. It didn't appear that there was any other Pokémon around. That was good. He didn't like very many Pokémon. He didn't trust very many Pokémon either. Only a select few, and he hadn't seen those Pokémon in years. The Zoroark continued to survey his surroundings, thinking. He looked like a normal Zoroark, but he had a large scar running down his face, that was a reminder of the time he had spent with the Zangoose who had raised him, ever since he had been orphaned at a young age. As he sat down, looking around, he wondered if he'd actually get to go a night without being disturbed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](MEANWHILE)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Poochyena that was named Brock continued through the dungeon's floor. He was starting to get quite tired from all the running from hostile Pokémon that attacked at what felt like every turn. He didn't like them, they just were wild and attacked mostly. His paw was wounded slightly, and he was limping. It wasn't fun, but that's how it was when you're a lone Pokémon going through a dungeon. Brock too, had been orphaned young, and he too, was travelling alone, hoping to find a place to rest. He turned the corner, and saw a lone Zoroark standing in the room, facing away from him. Brock attempted to sneak past him quietly, but the Zoroark whirled around. Brock flinched.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Zoroark had a long scar running down his face, and had an angry expression on its face. He didn't look to friendly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Another dungeon Pokémon?" the Zoroark growled. "Don't worry, I'll make this quick." he charged forward, and leaped, but he had leaped too late, and went flying over Brock, and crashed onto the ground.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Get away!" Brock growled. "This room is big enough for both of us... Although I suppose I could leave..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Singularity stood up, and then looked at the Poochyena. "Dungeon Pokémon don't talk... " he said. Brock stared at him, and then began backing away to the exit of the room. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Why did I even come to this dungeon? [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Brock wondered. But then, the Zoroark called out to him. "Wait a minute! Can you agree to a truce? It's clear that you aren't a dungeon Pokémon!" Brock stopped, and considered for a moment. Then he nodded, and began walking forward.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright then, truce." Brock said, limping forward. "I just wanted somewhere to spend the night, and I thought that this dungeon would be the place... I guess that was a mistake." Brock said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I know what you mean... I was looking for the same thing, but I guess that was a foolish idea. It seems as if this dungeon is designed to appear innocent to lure easy prey to those who wish to attack them." the Zoroark replied. "By the way, my name is Singularity." Singularity said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"My name is Brock..." Brock replied. "Listen, do you have anything that can help my paw? I'm fresh out of items." Singularity nodded, and tossed him an Oran Berry. "Thanks."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Listen, Brock. While we're here, we may as well team up for a bit. I think this is a smaller dungeon, and we are close to the end. Maybe we should head down to the bottom. There's always one room at the end of dungeons, so it'd be easier for us to go there and rest, at least for a while. And incase anyone attacks, we can just use the automatic exit that is at the end of all dungeons." Singularity suggested. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock nodded, and the two Pokémon, wary of each other, continued down the dungeon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](TIME SKIP)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock and Singularity reached the end of the floor, next to the stairs. "I think this next floor is the end of the dungeon." Singularity said. "Our goal is near. Let's go." Singularity said, and Brock nodded. Both of them were hoping for the chance to finally rest after the dungeon. It wasn't like the dungeon was particularly challenging, it was just taxing, with the constant encounters. But of course, things didn't go as planned. As the two reached the end of the stairs, they saw three figures. It was a Rhyhorn, Ariados, and Lucario. the three were in a huddle, but immediately split and glared as the two.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, well, well. I guess I was expecting this, although not as soon as this. So you two are the team that the guild sent after us? You don't look like much." said the Lucario. "Although, few do, who are members. Perhaps that's why not many people join as apprentices anymore..." he said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Both Brock and Singularity looked at each other, confusedly. "What guild?" they both asked. That of course, eliminated the question they had both had for each other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Lucario glared. "You know, Wigglytuff's Guild. Don't play dumb with me, I've seen exploration teams like you before, pretending to be innocent, not know what is happening. But you won't capture me. So I'll give you this one and only chance to get out now, because if you aren't gone in about three seconds, your option is fighting." The Lucario threatened, narrowing his eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I still have no idea what he's talking about." Singularity said to Brock. "Do you have any idea?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"No, he might just be spouting nonsense, but I don't know, maybe we should back out..." Brock replied.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, I guess you're fighting!" The Lucario yelled, "Come on team, let's get those cocky guild members!" The three Pokémon all charged forward, running at full speed. Singularity and Brock ran out to meet them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The battle was hectic. Brock and Singularity managed to take out the Ariados quickly with a combination of Brock's Fire Fang, and Singularity's Flamethrower. The Ariados fell, and the Rhyhorn immediately came charging for Brock, as Singularity looked just in time to see the Lucario use Bullet Punch on him. The two began exchanging blows. They seemed to both be blocking each other with a combination of Shadow Claw and Bullet Punch. Meanwhile, Brock was having trouble with the Rhyhorn, but a series of Fire Fangs seemed to be slowly wearing it down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Finally, Singularity managed to land a hit on Lucario, who stumbled back, and Singularity blasted Flamethrower in his face. The Lucario fainted, just as Brock jumped out of the way of the Rhyhorn's charge, and, in his weakened state, crashed into a wall, fainting. Both Pokémon stood there for a moment, catching their breath. Before either of them could ask how the other was however, a Magnezone, flanked by two Magnemite descended the stairs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRZZT! Assessing situation. BRZZT! Situation analyzed. Enemy outlaw team threat has already been neutralized by unknown exploration team. BRZZT! Please identify your team. BRZZT!" The Magnezone demanded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"How many Pokémon are gonna ask us that?" Singularity wondered aloud. "Brock and I aren't an exploration team. We were just teaming up to get through this dungeon. Seriously. Are you the ones from that guild that Lucario mentioned earlier? He was talking about it." Singularity responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRZZT! Affirmative, I am Magnezone, of Wigglytuff's guild. BRZZT! You have defeated an S-Class Outlaw Team. BRZZT! Situation strange. If you are truly not an exploration team, it is strange. BRZZT! Conclusion reached. The two of you must return with me to the guild. BRZZT!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Wait, what even is the guild? And what is an S-Class outlaw team? And why should we go with you?" Brock asked, standing beside Singularity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRZZT! WIgglytuff's Guild is a guild for explorers. BRZZT! An S-Class outlaw team means that they are quite powerful. BRZZT! You must return with me to Treasure Town so that all of our questions, and yours, will be answered. BRZZT! I shall use the explorer badge to send you there. BRZZT!" Magnezone said. He then floated toward Brock and Singularity, tapping them both. Both Pokémon had a strange sense of vertigo as they were warped.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Night had fallen. Nightmare stood impatiently waiting her sister's return. She had been gone the rest of the day, and she was starting to get worried. What if she had been captured? What if they had imprisoned her? But, if she was really in trouble, wouldn't she have reached out to her mentally? Nightmare didn't want to do so now, it might distract her, or leave her vulnerable at an important time. So Nightmare chose the next best option. Start heading into town, and look for her herself. It would be dangerous, but she would find and protect her sister, no matter what.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare ventured out from the cave that she and her sister shared, and began walking down the path that led into the town. Nightmare tried to calm her nerves. It might just be that Seeleena had gotten the supplies and needed to rest, she was younger and smaller after all, and she didn't yet have the endurance of Nightmare, just as she didn't have the endurance of her parents for long journeys. Nightmare hated the silence that filled the air. It was not helping her at all. She wished she could hear something, so she knew something was out there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare had reached the gates. They were unattended, and closed. Most small villages closed their gates at night, as they didn't expect too many visitors. It made sense after all. She snuck in, leaping over the gate. No Pokémon appeared to be around. She might have to hide, should any others show up. She knew she might be able to fight a little bit, but also knew that any Pokémon she fought would encourage the antagonism between her and them, and they would raise an alarm. She might never make it out this time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]By the time that Nightmare had backtracked to the shop owned by the Kecleon, the shop had closed, and no one was there. Nightmare hoped that Seeleena had at least gotten this far. Since she was nowhere around, there was only one thing left to do. Look into the houses of others, to see if Seeleena was there. So that is what Nightmare began to do. For the better part of an hour, Nightmare began looking into the windows of the houses of others. Right about when she was losing hope, and about to call out to her mentally, Nightmare looked inside of one of the larger houses. When she looked in, she saw that it was home to the Dodrio who had headed the group who had chased her out earlier. But Nightmare also saw a curled up ball of fur that could only be her sister on the nest inside. Nightmare was confused, but also relieved. Seeleena had probably gotten here late, and been offered a place to stay, especially since she was so young. But that meant... [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Does that mean my mark really is what got me chased out? [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare worried. She would need to do some digging, to understand what this symbol that scared everyone so much meant. Suddenly, she heard the door to the house open, and the Dodrio stomped out, and glared at her. Nightmare had been so absorbed in her own thoughts, she hadn't realized the Dodrio watching her in the window. He towered over her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't raise the alarm and imprison you right now!" The Dodrio growled at her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'll give you two: One, I haven't done anything to anyone. You should be apologizing to me for chasing me out of here for no reason earlier. Two, that's my sister that you have in the house, and I came to check on her." Nightmare responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes, you haven't done anything yet, but who says you won't. Pokémon like you don't deserve mercy or decency. That group of explorers thought they got the last of you. So how did they miss you?" The Dodrio asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"How should I know? I've lived with my sister my whole life. All I know is that my parents are dead. They were great explorers, and they always told me to follow in their pawsteps when I was older. They even gave me this mark when I was born. They told me it was the mark of our family, of our greatness." Nightmare responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"If Seeleena is really your sister, then why doesn't she have a mark too?" The Dodrio demanded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Because when she was born, I didn't have the heart to brand her. I was alone, my parents had left on the journey they never returned from. They told me to name her Sabotage, and brand her. I did neither to my sister. I wasn't sure why, but I just couldn't." Nightmare responded. The Dodrio started chuckling to himself. "What's so funny?" Nightmare demanded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh, I'm sorry." The Dodrio replied. He didn't sound sorry at all. "But it's just very funny to me. I believe your story, but the real question is this: How have you not yet figured out the truth? Isn't it obvious? It should be." He said, continuing to laugh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"No, it isn't obvious. But I'll figure it out myself. I don't need meanies like you to laugh at me. Now can I have my sister back please?" Nightmare asked, sighing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Very well." The Dodrio replied, becoming serious. "Just beware in the future. Not all Pokémon will be as understanding as I am. Use your sister to go in public. She will win you many favors. But until you understand the truth, stick to the shadows. I'll go get your sister." He said, going inside. Whilst she was waiting, Nightmare pondered what the Dodrio had said. It seemed he was right. She would stick to the shadows. She needed to know what this symbol on her chest meant. Maybe her family had used it, but it used to be a bad symbol. That's probably what it meant. But Nightmare wasn't sure. A moment later, Seeleena tumbled out of the house, bleary eyed, and holding their supplies and money.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Nightmare, what's going on?" Seeleena asked, yawning heavily.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Nothing to worry about, sister. I just got worried about you. We're going back to our cave. I'll give you a ride on my back if you'd like." Nightmare offered. Seeleena smiled, and jumped on her back. The two headed out of the town, and everything was quiet again. It wasn't long before Nightmare heard the sounds of her sister sleeping on her back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Back in the village, the Dodrio pondered the two Eevee sisters.They were young, but he knew, in all three of his minds, that their journey would be difficult. Especially when they discovered the truth about the symbol. He felt sorry for them. They might never know peace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]When Brock and Singularity's senses returned to them, they were in a darkened building of some sort. They didn't know where, but at least that much was clear. Magnezone was floating near them. They looked around.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Where are we?" Brock and Singularity asked this question at the same time, as they both looked around. Magnezone replied.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRZZT! We are inside Wigglytuff's guild! I shall to take you to Wigglytuff! BRZZT!" Magnezone floated away, and toward a door. The three entered a room, where a Wigglytuff was facing them with an unreadable look. It almost seemed like he was faintly interested in what was going on, but was thinking of something more pleasant, as he seemed to be slightly drooling, and had a faraway look in his eyes. The Magnezone floated up to the Wigglytuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRZZT! Guildmaster! I have retrieved these two Pokémon! They both claim to be unknowing of explorers, exploration teams, or this guild. Yet both of them together defeated that S class outlaw team that has recently been causing trouble. It seemed suspicious, so I brought the two here! BRRZT!" The Magnezone said all this to the Wigglytuff, and it was hard to tell if the Wigglytuff had been paying attention at all. But soon, the question was answered. The Wigglytuff turned and focused his attention on the Zoroark and Poochyena.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"No knowledge of the guild? Even some of the smallest towns have usually heard of the guild. And not knowing of explorers and exploration teams? The two of you would've had to live far from much of our civilization to be completely ignorant. Tell me your stories, both of you." The Wigglytuff said. He didn't sound mean or demanding, rather friendly, but he had a strange aura of respect floating around him. Brock and Singularity glanced at each other, then Brock began to speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, my name is Brock. I don't really remember much, except that I'm an orphan. I've spent most of my life traveling through dungeons for shelter. I have preferred being alone, so I hid from Pokémon much of the time if I saw them. Tonight was an exception. I didn't mean to get caught up in all of this." Brock said, looking at his paws.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"My name is Singularity. Like Brock here, I'm an orphan too. Also like him, I spent most of my life traveling through dungeons. I stayed for a while with a group of Zangoose, and that's where I got this scar, in a battle with some vicious Seviper." Singularity said this as he pointed at the scar on his face. "Also like Brock, tonight was an exception to staying out of the way. Some coincidence, I guess."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Wigglytuff stared at the two, another strange look on his face. "Well, I'm definitely sorry to hear that, but it does happen in our world. I can do nothing, except offer an opportunity to join us here in the guild. The two of you have led sheltered lives so far. You're still young. Why not join the guild? You'd be able to explore the world, help others, and catch criminals like the ones you did today!" He smiled at the two. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock and Singularity both looked at each other for a moment. Both could see the same reservations and yet excitement in the other's eyes. But both knew that they would have no reason to turn down this offer. They both nodded to Wigglytuff. "Yes, we'd like to join the guild." The two said this at the same time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Guildmaster grinned. "One more thing, as an exploration team, you'll need a team name! What will it be?" Again, the two looked at each other. They both had the same idea, and once again, they spoke together."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Team Shadow." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Wigglytuff smiled even more. "Awesome! That makes it all official! I'm sure that the two of you are tired though. You two can go rest now, and I'll have another member explain the rules, and give you your stuff in the morning! Anyways, thank you for joining, and becoming the guild's newest apprentices! I'm sure we will all be friendly friends!" With that, the Magnezone floated out of the room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"BRRZT! Follow me! I will show you two to your room! BRRZT!" The Magnezone said, floating away. The two tired Pokémon followed him, and he led them down the hallway, past a few other rooms, to an empty one with two nests. "BRRZT! Here is your room! Thank you for joining the guild! I look forward to working with you in the future! BRRZT!" Then he floated away, leaving the two new friends alone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Some day this has been, huh? I never saw this coming, not in a million years." Singularity said. "But I guess we're a team now."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock nodded. "Yeah, we are. We'll have to watch each other's backs. After all, we couldn't be a team otherwise. I thought we could try and get to know each other a bit better, don't you?" Brock asked the Zoroark.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah, I agree. We both got at least a decent picture of each other earlier. Strange, that we're both orphans. I haven't met another one around my age. All the other Pokémon I have known were adults before their parents died." Singularity told him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Same here, but I'm sure there are others... anyways, tell me about some of your adventures, and I'll tell you some of mine." And then the two began to talk, and they did, for several hours, until both were so tired they collapsed and fell asleep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]***********SOMEWHERE ELSE**************[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Umbreon opened his eyes. Just like he had seen in his dreams,the Zoroark and the Poochyena were together. This meant they were going down this path. He knew that he would meet the two sometime soon. But it would be a while. After all. His team wasn't going to reveal itself and its plan for a while. Not until their leader decided to. And knowing the path they were on, it would still be a while. Although he wondered which of the devious plans their leader would choose. The Umbreon knew there were many.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He got up, and walked through their base, passing by the sleeping forms of his teammates. As he approached his leader's den, he heard a voice call out "Come in!"softly. Their leader always knew when they approached.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That Zoroark and Poochyena that you wanted me to watch have joined the guild. Kind of ironic, eh? Both their parents were part of it, but they themselves never knew." The Umbreon said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Indeed it is..." said the leader. "Keep watching them. I must now think of a plan. If what you told me before is true, then there will be a way to see if they will join us. I know that those two are important. I've watched them since they were young." The Umbreon nodded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"As you wish. I shall watch them... They will not know... Good news too. Our base has no chance of being discovered for several months. After that, the chance is still low." He said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Good." the leader replied. "Now go be like the rest of your teammates, and sleep during the night. We're all going to need it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Umbreon nodded and left. His leader was right. They would need rest. For if some of the paths he saw of the future came, they couldn't get enough rest now. All he could do for now was watch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You want me to do what?" Seeleena looked confused, as her sister stood in front of her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I want you to take this package to the local library, and come pick it up later." Nightmare said. It's very important. And of course, we need supplies. The Pokémon in the last village from a few weeks ago took a liking to you, so I'm sure the ones in this one will be the same."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay..." Seeleena said... "But... what will you be doing, while I'm gone? Don't you want to come with me?" Nightmare smiled, but shook her head.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"No, I must stay here, and guard our cave... I also have... things to do. I'm going to try and train, incase anyone comes. I need to be ready to fight." Nightmare hoped her voice didn't betray any of the worries that she held.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"...Okay! I'll try and come back before night this time. Good luck, Nightmare!" Seeleena smiled, and bounded off down the road. Nightmare watched her go, and sighed. Seeleena would have no idea what was in that package. It was a drawing of the symbol on her chest, and a request for information on it. Nightmare was afraid of what she might learn. But, she needed to know. She had to know. Why they were all afraid of the symbol. Why they were afraid of her. This was also why she had to train.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare wandered back into the cave. If she trained to fight, she'd be able to fight if she was attacked. But she was also afraid that if she did so, she might just make things work. She sighed again. She had hours to train herself until Seeleena got back. So she would.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]***********HOURS LATER***********[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was around sunset when Seeleena finally returned. Nightmare had almost worn herself out by training all day. Nightmare saw that her sister was laden with the supplies, and was struggling to walk. Nightmare rushed out to help her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"So, tell me, how did your visit to the town go? You were gone awhile." Nightmare asked, taking a few bags off of her sister.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]'Oh, it was fun! Some of the local Pokémon wouldn't let me go until I played with them for a while. Besides, the Alakazam who was running the library said he'd need a while for whatever was in your package. So, here you go!" As the two sisters entered the cave, Seeleena handed the bag back over to Nightmare. Indeed, it was bulging with papers. "Also, the Alakazam said you didn't need to bring any of it back, it's yours to keep." Seeleena said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That's good." Nightmare said. "Now, I'm sure you're tired, so go to bed, sister. I'll see you in the morning." Nightmare told her sister, who was indeed yawning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay!" Seeleena bounded the rest of the way to the cave. When Nightmare got there, Seeleena had already placed their supplies on the ground, and was already curled up into a ball on her makeshift bed. Nightmare looked at her sister, and smiled to herself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Then she turned to the bulging package that Seeleena had given to her. Within that bag lie the truth. The reason why she had been chased away from the towns. The thing that the Dodrio had hinted at. So much of her heart told her she didn't want to know what was in that bag. But she knew she had to. Nightmare went to the back of the cave, where Seeleena would hopefully not wake up while she was reading. Nightmare opened the packet with trembling paws, and pulled out a large stack of papers. A note fell out from the top. It read: [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]To whom it may concern, I gladly give you this information. I can only assume you are a younger researcher who doesn't remember what talking about this symbol could do to Pokémon. So, please do not return it. I hate looking at it myself. And I wish you luck as a researcher. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]The note was unsigned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare pulled out the top piece of paper, and began to read. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]The Symbol of Power, inscribed here [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px](Nightmare saw a drawing of the symbol on her own chest) [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]was originally one of the seven symbols of power created in ancient history. No one knows the true origins of any of the symbols, but many have theorized that they were given to symbolize certain aspects of life, during the age of legendaries, before they disappeared from the eye of the public, with few exceptions. However, in modern day, the symbol, originally used to represent power and leadership was taken on to be the crest of a dastardly clan of Eevees and Eeveelutions who formed a criminal empire that they called Team Oblivion. The clan was on its third generation when it was finally stopped. Despite its many allies and pawns, a few former members of Team Oblivion were able to lead a large team of explorers to attack the Team, when they mounted what they thought was a full scale raid on a dungeon, however, it was simply bait for a massive trap. The entirety of the clan was killed, for all refused to surrender. Many brave explorers were killed fighting the leaders, two mates, two Eevees with immense power named Betrayal, and his mate, Silence. Although criminal activities continue in the world, and many claim to be restarting Team oblivion, their effectiveness was destroyed with their leaders. Many Pokémon believe that the mates were hiding possible children, although this has never been confirmed, however based on studies done by explorers on their home base, it seems likely. If the child or children are still out there, it is likely that they are being raised by new families without prior knowledge of their family or history.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The four explorers who led the raid, a pair of mates, one pair of Zoroarks, and one of Mightyena have all been praised by the world for planning the raid that stopped the team, although they all say that it was a huge team effort. Both pairs have cut back on hero work, and seem to be content with raising families, although as of this writing, neither pair have had any children. They do however, still give advice and are sources of hope to many, and many consider them some of the leaders of the explorer world, alongside such famous explorers like Wigglytuff, who runs a guild in Treasure town, and his wandering friends, Team Charm. The Pokémon now face a more peaceful future, together, thanks to the efforts of these Pokémon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare stopped reading. She couldn't continue, as tears were starting to obscure her vision. Now she knew. Her parents hadn't been brave, amazing explorers. They had been nothing but criminals. Tears fell from her face, and began to fall on the papers. She pushed them away before they could become too stained. Now she understood why everyone had ran. It reminded them of a horrible time where they lived in fear. And she reminded them of that. She couldn't blame them for hating this symbol. But she knew something. It had definitely commanded the respect of the criminals. She could use this to her advantage... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare turned back to the page, and reread the part about the leaders of the attack that had killed her parents. Those four... and the others... perhaps she could meet them... they could help her, couldn't they? Yes, maybe so. She would have to do it alone, so that Seeleena wouldn't have to see anything with criminal Pokémon. Nightmare shuddered. Tomorrow, she'd have a job. She had to go find some criminals, to help her track down the explorers who had killed her parents. They had to help her. They had to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"UP AND AT 'EM! IT'S MORNING!" Singularity and Brock were woken up by a loud, booming voice. Singularity and Brock opened their eyes to see a Loudred standing in their doorway. "Wake up you two! Don't be late for the morning chant!" The Loudred left, as Singularity and Brock got to their feet and slowly followed him outside. The two stood in the back, while the rest of the guild members chanted. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"ONE! DON'T SHIRK WORK! TWO! RUN AWAY AND PAY! THREE! SMILES GO FOR MILES! HOORAY!" Most of the guild members dispersed, after this, and Chatot came hopping up to the two.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Welcome to your first day at the guild. Remember in the future, that the chant you just heard must be done every morning, so memorize it!" Chatot said. "Now come with me, I'll show you a bit about how the guild works!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](A short time later)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"And that's about it! Now, usually, when a new team joins us, we usually have them do easier jobs, such as retrieving an item in a small dungeon, or things like that. But the two of you have already proven that you can handle tougher situations,. So, I'll assign you to a specific task today, but after today, I expect the two of you to choose jobs and carry them out yourself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or one of the other guild members!" Chatot said, smiling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay... what are we doing today, then?" Singularity asked, voicing the thought that had also been in Brock's mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Glad you asked! I'd like you to go to Apple Woods. At the very end of the dungeon, is a grove of Perfect Apple trees. The Guildmaster loves Perfect Apples, so I want you to go there and bring back as many as you can. Each of the guild members will do this at some point, and multiple times, so I thought it might be a good starting task for you!" Chatot chirped. "Good luck!" Chatot hopped away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, let's head out then." Brock said. "We should get started. I suppose bringing home the Guildmaster's favorite food would be a good thing." Brock smiled. "I've wondered though... he seems so lax and docile, but he's apparently the greatest explorer ever."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah, although, Chatot sort of had a short mental breakdown when he was having a flashback to the Guildmaster being angry... I don't think I ever want to see that, if someone like Chatot can't handle it." Singularity laughed. "Let's head out!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The two soon left town, and entered the woods. Mostly, the exploration through the dungeon was completely normal. The only strange thing that happened was one Pokémon, one that they were not sure what it was, fled as soon as they approached a room. Neither Pokémon could understand why, but both shrugged it off. The two continued on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]That Pokémon stood around the corner, breathing hard. She growled to herself. "They almost saw me. They cannot see me yet. It's just like he told us. That stupid Umbreon and his visions." The Leafeon shook her head. "No, he isn't stupid... he's just always right. I can't be seen. Our team isn't ready yet... Yes, our leader is right. One day, we will rule." The Leafeon teleported from the dungeon, her mission complete.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](TIME SKIP ONCE AGAIN)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Once the two Pokémon reached the end of the dungeon, they retrieved all the Perfect Apples they could, and returned to Treasure Town, their bags laden with the apples. They brought them to Wigglytuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Chatot! Guildmaster! We've returned from Apple Woods!" Both turned around to look at them. Wigglytuff looked at them, drool leaking from a corner of his mouth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Perfect Apples! Oh yay, friendly friends!" Wigglytuff cried, and he rushed forward, crushing them both in a hug."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"C-cant breathe..." Singularity wheezed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"L-lungs... collapsing..." Brock managed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"G-guildmaster, perhaps you should let them go..." Chatot said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Of course!" Wigglytuff let the two Pokémon go, collapsing to the ground. Then he immediately rushed to the bags, and started to devour the Perfect Apples.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You should go rest before dinner..." Chatot said. "The Guildmaster loves his Perfect Apples." The two nodded and left.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](LATER, THAT NIGHT)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock and Singularity rested in their room, reflecting on the day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Some day, huh Brock? I've never felt such strength from a Pokémon, like the Guildmaster."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah, no kidding. The only strange part, was that one Pokémon who fled from us. Although... It may have just been a younger dungeon Pokémon, who didn't want to fight us." Brock reasoned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That makes sense." Singularity replied. "Anyways, let's get to sleep. I'm sure we've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow..." The two nodded, and settled down, and soon fell into sleep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](SOMEWHERE ELSE)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The rest of his teammates were asleep. The Umbreon stood in front of his leader. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"She was almost caught by Team Shadow today, although I watched them. They don't even know what she is." he said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Good..." their leader said. "And you, you must continue watching them. They are important. I know they are. I am starting to think of a plan... In fact... I think I know what I wish to do... I know that our Leafeon is quite beautiful... And we need to get information... We must send her... and our other important member to them. Perhaps if they are in love, then their judgements shall be clouded... and, when they learn the truth, their anger will cloud them as well... Yes, love can be the strongest tool... Don't you agree?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes... I believe that of all the plots you could have chosen, that will be the most effective strategy that you could have devised... Anyways, if you wish, I can prepare her for the mission. I assume you wish to prepare the other?" the Umbreon asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, yes, I shall. I will talk to her in the morning. I think... she may take an interest to Singularity... perhaps our Leafeon will take an interest to Brock. But, I am not the one to decide. We shall talk to them. I believe that this will succeed." The leader responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes... Our other members will still be out on missions. Each one has a role to play..." the Umbreon responded. "That much is clear."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes... All my planning has been for a reason... each of my plans has had a reason. Each of you have had a role, and a purpose. You have been our watcher. That is why you are each here. For your abilities. Your special skills. Many other things. I swear." The leader said. "When I am done, everyone will understand. Unlike most of my life, being those who do not understand. They will understand." she growled, her eyes glowing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"They will." It was not a question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You're going to do what?" Seeleena asked her sister, young wide eyes filled with worry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'm just going out for a bit. Don't worry, I'll stay hidden, incase any other Pokémon try and attack. I'll be safe." Nightmare told her little sister, reassuringly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]'But what will I do?" Seeleena asked. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Go back into the village, and see if you can play with the village children. Don't mention me to them, but remember to come back before the end of the day." Nightmare said to her sister.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay... just please don't get into any trouble, sister. I don't know what I'd ever do if anything ever happened to you, and I had to be on my own!" Seeleena said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You'd be strong." Nightmare replied. "I know that you'd follow your heart, and make good decisions. Now, run along. I'll see you tonight." Seeleena nodded, and bounded down the road energetically. Nightmare grimaced to herself. The task she was about to do was unpleasant. It was tearing at her heart, to do it. But somewhere deep inside her, Nightmare knew that she had to do it. It was the beginning of something, her inner voice told her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]So, listening to that inner voice inside her, Nightmare set off on a different road, looking for the criminals that had been her family's closest allies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It took her awhile, but finally, Nightmare spotted a shady-looking Raichu. She approached the Pokémon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You! Are you a criminal?" Nightmare demanded, as she hopped out of the bushes. The Raichu glared at her symbol on her chest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes, I am. So the rumors are true. Team Oblivion did have a kid. Where have you been hiding all this time?" the Raichu responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That's none of your concern, I'm afraid. The point is, I need you to do something for me. It is of great importance that you do so." Nightmare growled at him, doing her best to sound menacing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I was still young when I learned of your family, but I remember the rules. Among criminals, the words and commands of your family still supersede all others. So, how may I be of service, oh great one?" The Raichu said this dramatically, and over-bowing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Get up." Nightmare said commandingly. "I want you to find all of the members of the team that killed my parents. And capture them, alive. Then come to me again. How long do you think that it will take?" Nightmare asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hmmm.... Well, considering the amount of Pokémon, the amount of Pokémon I'd need to help me pull this off... I'd say about a month. And here's another question. Where do you want me to keep them. And how do you want me to find you?" The Raichu asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Simple. I will return here in exactly one month from today. As for where you keep them, find a cave or something that can hold them. If you haven't captured them in a month, I also want to know that then. I expect good things from you. Remember, I want them alive. There is something important I must do." Nightmare told him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Understood. I'd better get working quickly. This will be the biggest job I've ever done, and it will need plenty of planning..." he muttered, as he walked off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare watched him go. Now the fate of these Pokémon was up to that Raichu, until she could meet them. She wished she could just try to go find them, but they of all Pokémon would definitely attack her. So they had to be at her mercy, if they were to truly talk fairly with her. She hated using criminals, and she hated the idea of capturing Pokémon who were just doing their jobs. But if this inner voice that had guided her would continue to be right, it would be necessary. Nightmare thought back to everything she had learned. She vowed something to herself right then. Something she would discuss with her sister. This was the thing she needed to do. She would discuss this with her tonight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Nightmare! I'm back!" Seeleena called, as she entered the cave, happy and full of energy. "You were right, I did play with the village children, and it was fun! What were you doing today?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare, who had been sitting down, got up as her sister entered. "I took a walk, and did some training. Nothing too big, but I feel stronger." Nightmare said. "And also... I thought of something that I want to talk to you about." Nightmare said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Really? What's that?" Seeleena asked. "Do we have to move again?" Seeleena looked sad. "I really liked the other kids..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I was thinking, Seeleena. We really only have each other. But... I thought that when we're a little older, and stronger we could become an exploration team! And we could find others to join us too! I mean, I don't know what kind of Pokémon we'd want with us, but I want us to lead a team one day!" Nightmare said, a far-off look in her eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Wow! That sounds so awesome! I'd love to do that, one day!" Seeleena said. "But you're right, I think I need to get bigger and stronger first. But yeah. I promise, that one day, we'll be the leaders of the best exploration team there is!" Seeleena cried, her young voice full of energy. She leaped onto Nightmare's back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We'll be on top of the world!" Nightmare said. "And we'll do it together, Sister. Well, us and whoever we decide to have join us, in our exploits."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I know! Why don't we have one of every evolution of Eevee join us! You taught me about all the different things that we can evolve into... so, why not have each one join us!" Seeleena suggested.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That's a great idea. When we're feeling strong, we can go the great Eeveelution festival that they have every year, and find members!" Nightmare said, her excitement growing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"And we'll be the best of the best, and show the world our power!" Seeleena cried happily. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We will indeed, sister. We will do it together, and someday, with our future teammates." Nightmare said. "But for now, I think we should settle for getting a good night's sleep."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Seeleena nodded, and yawned. "I think I'll sleep on your back tonight, sister." And in a minute, Seeleena was already asleep on Nightmare's back. Nightmare just smiled to herself as she laid herself down on her nest. With the little heartbeat of her sister, and the warmth of the nest, Nightmare soon fell asleep, both sisters sleeping in peace, and dreaming big. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"...AND THREE! SMILES GO FOR MILES! HOORAY!" The guild dispersed as usual, and Singularity and Brock faced each other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"So, what are we doing today, Singularity? We just finished up a few jobs." Brock said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, let's go check the board, shall we?" Singularity said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Actually, I have a specific job for the two of you." Chatot said, fluttering as he came over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Really? What is it?" Brock asked, wondering what specific job that Chatot could be wanting them to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, one of our top spies that usually looks for criminals found two Pokémon are being held hostage in the Lost Wilderness, so you'll need to be careful." Chatot said. "We're sending the two of you because we don't often get hostage missions, and they are to be taken extremely seriously. And, I believe that the two of you together are strong enough to rescue them. The two Pokémon that you're looking for are a Leafeon and and Eevee, both girls, apparently." Chatot continued.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright then, we got it. Did this spy get which floor they were on?" Singularity asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Of course. They are down on B7F, so make sure to look for them carefully! I believe in you two, so I wish you luck! I know you can rescue them!" Chatot encouraged, fluttering nervously again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The two friends nodded, and left the guild. "This is the first time I've ever even heard of a hostage situation." Brock said. "I mean, I knew that they happened, just not that the guild handled them."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah, me neither." Singularity said. "But regardless, we had better go save those two, an Eevee and a Leafeon I believe he said? I can expect anyone that can be held hostage is in serious danger. Those two might be young, as well. Perhaps they just don't really know how to fight or something."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I guess we'll find out when we get there, huh? Anyways, I'm sure that the family and friends of those two are worried. We'd better hurry." Brock said. Singularity nodded in response as they headed out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]By the time Brock and Singularity had reached the seventh floor, they were already having trouble. The dungeon was full of some strong Pokémon, but they had fought their way through. As they searched around the dust-ridden dunes of the dungeon, they began to hear voices echoing throughout the corridor. No dungeon Pokémon appeared to be in sight at all. The two friends snuck quietly throughout the dungeon halls, following the echoes of voices. It wasn't long before, around a corner, they heard voices. Team Shadow paused around the corner to listen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You can't keep us here forever! I bet that we'll be rescued real soon! Someone will teach you jerks a lesson!" A voice from the other room, female, clearly one of the prisoners.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah! Pokémon will come looking for us! They'll teach you two meanies that you can't just kidnap innocent Pokémon for no reason!" It was another voice, female too, but younger sounding.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Those must be the prisoners." Brock whispered. Singularity nodded, and listened closer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Too bad for you." Came another voice, calm and male this time. "I know that there will be some who will come looking for you. Luckily, I will leave them up to the underlings."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yeah! Don't fail us!" Came yet another voice, female and strong. There was a noise as the two voices of the captors faded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"They must have teleported from the dungeon. But they don't matter for now. We have to rescue the captives." Singularity whispered back. Brock nodded, and he and Singularity leaped around the corner, and charged into the room. They were expecting a trap. And that's what they got. For no sooner had they charged into the room, next to the two prisoners, did they find themselves surrounded by a Lucario, three Shiftry, a Medicham, two Lickitung, and a Spinda. Brock and Singularity turned to the prisoners.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We're here to save you. Will you help us fight our way out of here?" Singularity asked. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You bet. I'm sick of all these idiots." the Leafeon said. "We tried to fight before, but there were too many of them. We can do it now though, with your help." The four Pokémon nodded. The Lucario glared at them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"This is my revenge, exploration team, for everything that happened before. You led to us getting captured! Now is payback! I'll defeat you, and get my old teammates back!" The Lucario's eyes burned in rage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Not a chance!" Brock said. "Because this time, we are an exploration team. And we're much better. Prepare to meet justice!" Brock instantly leaped at the Lucario, bowling him over. The rest of the group closed in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Two of the Shiftry instantly charged Singularity, but he sent a flamethrower their way to hold them. They both staggered away in pain. The third one joined Lucario in fighting Brock. The Leafeon jumped to his side, and she shot Razor Leaf after Razor Leaf at them, while Brock continued to bite them with Fire Fang.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Meanwhile, Singularity fought back-to-back with the Eevee, who was fighting the two Lickitung. The Eevee used Sand Attack, but aimed at the Lickitung's tongue. As it was distracted, trying to get the sand out of its mouth, Singularity dodged out of the way of the Medicham charging at them, then wrapped it up in the Lickitung's tongue. The other Lickitung looked around in fear, and called for help. Spinda came to the rescue, and Dizzy Punched Singularity, who stumbled away, confused.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Brock leaped in the air, and smashed the Lucario who he knocked out into the Shiftry that had been helping him fight. They were sent smashing into the wall. But in response, the other two Shiftry charged Brock and the Leafeon. They engaged in battle, but were struggling. The Eevee, now no longer facing an enemy leaped onto Singularity's back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Face forward and use Flamethrower!" She growled into his ear. Singularity took a moment to try and understand this, but then did blast a Flamethrower in the direction of the Shiftry who were fighting. They howled in pain, but they looked up in fear, as one Shiftry saw Brock and the Leafeon leaping onto him, and the other being attacked by Singularity and the Eevee.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The last Lickitung and Spinda attacked from behind, but both were thrown off and into the wall. The fight was over. The four Pokémon all collapsed to the floor, panting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Are... you... two okay?" Singularity panted, as the Eevee climbed off his back. The Leafeon nodded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Thanks to you two, we are. I must ask though, what are your names?" The Leafeon asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I am Singularity, and this is my friend Brock. We just joined Wigglytuff's guild about three months ago." Singularity said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'm Aroma." the Leafeon said. "And this is my good friend Seeleena." The Eevee nodded in response to hearing her name.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, I'm glad we rescued you. We can take you back to Treasure Town, but what about after that? Do you have anywhere we can take you after you have healed?" Brock asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"No, we don't actually. We were just in a different dungeon, before we were captured." Seeleena said. "And before you ask, no, we didn't see our captors. They stayed in the shadows the whole time."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, I suppose it could be worse. We at least got these eight idiots." Singularity sighed. "Well... if you have nowhere else to go, would you like to join us in the guild?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Aroma and Seeleena exchanged glances. "We don't have anything better to do. And we need to repay you for all of your hard work. We'll come with you." Aroma said, smiling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With the unconscious criminals with them, the four left the dungeon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I see! So these two will be joining you two in the guild then?" Wigglytuff asked. "How great! I love new members! Friendly friends! Will you be staying here in the guild, or elsewhere?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Here in the guild, if you don't mind." Aroma said. "We don't have anywhere else to be."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay! I'll have beds set up for you in Singularity and Brock's room by tonight! Welcome to the guild!" Wigglytuff yelled in happiness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Later that night, the four new friends settled down, tired after a long day, and excited for a new adventure tomorrow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](ELSEWHERE)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Everything is going according to plan." the Umbreon told his leader. "Aroma and Seeleena were rescued by Team Shadow, and have joined them."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Good, good." the Leader said. "And they fought alongside each other already. Their bond will only grow with time, and this will help. The eight that were captured by the guild were inconsequential." the Leader continued.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Indeed, now, we continue to prepare. We don't have to do much for now. We must let their bond grow before the next stage." the Watcher said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes, I agree. For now, we wait." the Leader responded. "When they find out about us, I want our Sylveon and Espeon members to attack them. I believe it will be the best way." the Leader said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You know best, of course." the Umbreon said. "I will continue to watch." He exited his leader's chamber. He just hoped that the secret he was keeping never came to pass. It could destroy everything.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]CHAPTER 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The month or so that the Raichu had requested had elapsed. Nightmare knew she would have to go and find him. But she would do so tonight, after Seeleena had gone to bed. She was nervous. She hoped that the Raichu had got them. She needed to talk to these explorers. They were the key. If she could just get them to understand the truth about her, and spread the news, Pokémon would believe it if it came from them. She hoped.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]For now, during the day, she and Seeleena agreed to train in battle. Fighting was important, for when they began to explore in dungeons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Aww, come on Nightmare! Go easy on me! I'm still not as strong as you yet!" Seeleena pouted as she went flying past Nightmare, while trying to attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"All the more reason to not go easy on you. If you learn now how to beat enemies that are bigger than you, you can easily surprise them in battle. In fact, if you stay small, that would be an advantage forever. You will seem small, your enemies may underestimate you. And with that, you can easily surprise and defeat overconfident opponents." Nightmare said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Like this?" Seeleena asked, flying out of nowhere, and bowling over Nightmare. Nightmare looked up at her sister. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Exactly. Anyone who stops to taunt or talk, that is a good time to attack them. When they're distracted. And don't forget too, when you have them pinned down, attack them. When they try to counterattack, jump away. The biggest key is avoidance. Avoid your enemy. If they keep attacking, and missing it can wear them down, then you can attack when they've worn themselves down, and you're still good, because all you've been doing is dodging." Nightmare said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Wow, Nightmare. How did you learn all this stuff?" Seeleena asked, wide-eyed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"A lot of it came from that package you brought me from the village." It wasn't a complete lie. There had been info about fighting in there. "And the rest of it, I've figured out on my own, but I suppose I haven't really tested it. But I'm sure this will work. Don't worry, sister. Soon, we'll be strong enough to go test these strategies in real dungeons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay! Boy, this training sure has worn me out. Can we stop for today? And eat? And sleep?" Seeleena begged her sister.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Of course, I can't wear you down completely. Then you wouldn't be ready for training tomorrow!" Nightmare said with a smile. "Or whenever we do it next. Anyways, sure, let's eat."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare left the cave, creeping silently, hoping that Seeleena wouldn't wake up. In case she didn Nightmare had left a note saying that she had gone out for a nighttime walk, and would return soon. As Nightmare made her way to the place where she had met the Raichu, her heart filled with dread. What if she had to fight? What would happen? She didn't know. She was worried. But she was probably working herself up over nothing. The captured Pokémon would be upset, but hopefully, they would understand. Nightmare reached the spot, and waited.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"There you are, come here." The Raichu hissed at her from a bush. Nightmare walked closer to the bush, and came closer. "Don't worry, I got them. I'll take you to the cave we're holding them in. You can meet them. They've been waiting for you." Nightmare only nodded. "Let's go then." he continued. And they did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare still couldn't shake the feeling of dread from her as she followed the Raichu through this winding path that they took. It was as if a voice inside her was trying to tell her something. To Nightmare, it seemed to be telling her to turn back, to not go in the cave. If she went in the cave, things would never be the same. But it was too late now. For the cave was looming in front of her. And the Raichu was going in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare followed, and the Raichu led her further, keeping the place well lit with his electricity. He paused before entering a larger cavern. "They are through here." Nightmare nodded, and they continued. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare entered the large cavern, and before her, sat about twenty or so Pokémon guarded by about five Pokémon each. The Raichu spoke to the crowd.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"All of you have been waiting, wondering who asked you to be brought here. I present her to you now." he stepped aside, revealing Nightmare.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare surveyed all of the members of the team. She quickly spotted the leaders, the two Zoroark, and the two Mightyena. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You four! What are your names?" Nightmare demanded, barking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Horizon." The male Zoroark said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Gravity." The female Zoroark continued.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Boulder." The male Mightyena growled[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Blazer." The female Mightyena responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I am Nightmare, surviving daughter of Team Oblivion. I know that you, all of you, are wondering why I asked to have you brought here. Well, to be honest, if I had approached you myself, I don't think you would have been as willing to listen. As much as I didn't like it, I needed help, and the only Pokémon who haven't run from me in terror are criminals."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"But you are just a child!" Horizon protested. "Why would they run from you?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I asked myself the same thing, after I got chased out of two villages, but, with the help of my sister, I discovered the truth, about my parents, and about everyone here. How they tricked my parents, and killed them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We didn't really want to." Gravity said. "But they wouldn't stop. They said they would never stop until they died. So we had to kill them to save the world."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hold on a minute, sister?" Boulder interrupted. "Our best sources would have guessed one egg, at most. What do you mean?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"My sister's egg was laid only a couple days before my parents left on their last mission. They told me that they might not come back, and instead told me to brand my sister, as they had done to me, and name her Sabotage. I did neither. I gave her no brand, and named her Seeleena. Something... something inside me wouldn't let me do it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"So, you've been having Seeleena do things for you then, when you need something from a place?' Blazer asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Just like I advised you, no less. Good job." This voice came from another side of the room. It was the Dodrio from the other village.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I wish we could have met again under better circumstances." Nightmare said. "The point is, I'm the last one with this symbol, as far as I know. All I want, is for you to spread that. Spread the message to let them know to not chase me away. I want to live a normal life, I want to be an explorer myself! But I can't do any of that if I'm being chased away everywhere I go!" Nightmare spoke to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I never asked to have this family, or this symbol. I just want to be a great explorer." Nightmare said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We could do that, I think." Gravity said. "Now, will you please let us go? We have young children of our own, and they need us."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Sure thing. What are their names?" Nightmare asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Our son is named Singularity." Horizon said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"And our son is called Brock." Horizon said fondly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"All right then. Perhaps, someday soon, I can visit, once this has been taken care of." Nightmare said. Boulder nodded in agreement. "All right! Let them go!" Nightmare commanded to the guards. Not one moved. "I said, let them go!":[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'm afraid that I can't let them do that, Nightmare." The Raichu stepped forward, his eyes glinting. "You see, many of these Pokémon have scores to settle. They want their revenge for destroying Team Oblivion, or others. And we just can't let this opportunity get past us. You were a fool in trying to command me, or my friends. So, I suppose you can be forced to sit and watch as all of your new friends DIE!" The Raichu lunged forward, pinning Nightmare to the ground, and she was unable to move. "KILL THEM ALL!" the Raichu screamed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare watched in horror, as the guards turned to their prisoners, and began attacking. The prisoners were strong, but against five opponents, all moderately strong, with no teammates, they were hopelessly outnumbered and overpowered. She watched as the Dodrio that had helped her got taken down by a vicious Houndoom, and Horizon get piled on by a Machoke and trampled by a Rapidash.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hah! Yes, my friends, get them!" the Raichu cheered. Nightmare growled, anger and sadness fueling her. Suddenly, she felt power coursing through her. A glow encased her, and suddenly she stood as a Sylveon, having thrown off the Raichu. "What the hell?" he growled. "No matter, I will kill you myself!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Raichu charged forward, trying an Iron Tail, but Nightmare grabbed him with her new tentacles, and threw him against the wall. The power flowing through her surrounded her again, and now she was a Flareon, who blasted the Raichu with a Flamethrower.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"How the hell are you doing that?" the Raichu demanded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I don't know. But I'll use it to KILL YOU!" Nightmare screamed, as she then transformed into an Umbreon. She dashed forward, in the darkness, and slashed the Raichu across the face, and blood began to drip down his face. She then used Shadow Pulse to send him flying, and he was impaled along a rigid wall, and fell to the ground, motionless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nightmare flickered back to being an Eevee, and quickly saw that the battle was not going well for the prisoners. Only Horizon, Gravity, Boulder, and Blazer were still alive, and they were bleeding from multiple wounds, and surrounded by more than thirty Pokémon attacking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"NO!" Nightmare screamed, and she did so in her Sylveon form, using Hyper Voice. Some of the guards fell. But the rest continued to attack. As Nightmare leaped down, and tried to attack, she fought the guards, but there were too many, and plenty still fought the other four. Nightmare's rage encased her again, and now, as an Espeon, she used her Psychic powers to start crushing the opposing Pokémon, sending them flying into spikes, or throwing them high enough so that they would die on the way back down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]In several minutes, the outlaws were all dead, and the four last explorers were dying too. Nightmare reverted to her original Eevee form, and walked to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'm... sorry. I... I didn't know they would do this... this is all my fault..." Nightmare said, beginning to cry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"D-don't be..." Horizon said, struggling to speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Y-you fought bravely." Gravity said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"A-and you p-proved yourself a good Pokémon..." Boulder said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"It w-wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known w-what they were going to do. J-just please, one thing. W-watch over our children. Do it from afar, so that you d-don't get chased off." Blazer said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I will. I will watch them. I promise." Nightmare said. The four dying Pokémon each managed to struggle out one last thank you, before they too, fell limp. Nightmare sat there, crying for a while, before realizing something. She left the cave, and used her powers to have it cave in. No one would ever use it again. She left, returning to her own, after washing herself, where Seeleena still lay, blissfully unaware of everything. Nightmare only hoped that it could continue that way.[/SIZE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.