1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Shadria's Beginning-A Pokemon Silver Playthrough

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Shadria, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    OK OK so Riddlins gave me the ok to revive this 2-year old topic of mine. I moved, forgot this, lost my 3DS charger for a while but recently found it again and re-discovered this run while messing with my 3DS over the weekend. I PROMISE you I will finish this, I swear!
    (because some of this is from some time ago, It's gonna sound not as good as the previous entries..)
    Shadria returned to Ecruteak City, entering the gym. Managing to get past the trainers and the invisible path, she took on Morty. It was a difficult battle, but Vlad and his Bite made it past the tough Gengar and his goon of Haunters and Gastly. A Mint Berry had to be used at one point due to Hypnosis though. Grinning happily, Shadria took the Fog Badge and TM Shadow Ball in victory.
    It was then that Shadria realized.... none of her Pokémon could Surf. Panicking, she went all the way back to Azalea Town for a Slowpoke (that she named Sally). Now with a Surfer, she took to exploring the bodies of water she had skipped over- gathering items and fighting new trainers. Crossing a large body of water east of Ecruteak, she found herself in a new city- Mahogany Town.
    Entering the Center to heal, she heard people talking about the nearby lake, Lake of Rage, and how something worrisome was happening there. Curious, she took towards the tourist hotspot. "Hey! Yeah you!", two men caught her attention and blocked her way from the entrance. "We have a toll." "Heh heh, yeah a toll! $1000, please." Before Shadria could respond one grabbed her wallet and took the amount from her. "Thank you sir.", the duo sneered and backed off.
    "W..What the heck.." She stammered, running further in. 'Sir..? Is my hat that convincing..?' She adjusted said hat, mentally deciding to never go in that direction again. The trainer knew something was up, but didn't expect the amount of damage she saw now. The lake was flooded, and trees were uprooted everywhere. Glancing around, she saw Gyarados, many Gyarados, roaring and attacking everything in sight. Luckily they were much farther off for the time being.. Something caught her eye though, it looked like a Gyarados, but it was ..red? A Red Gyarados..how quaint. It seemed to be in pain, so Shadria acted. Some on lookers called her stupid, telling her that what she was doing was a dumb move. The water serpent, naturally, attacked- still somehow surprising Shadria as Sparkz jumped up. "Flaaa!", he fired a powerful Thundershock attack- which was quite powerful for the already hurt Water/Flying type. Not only that, but it also paralyzed the tower of destruction! Quickly thinking, Shadria threw a Great Ball, to great success. After claiming her new partner, she noticed something shimmering on a rock nearby.. a Red Scale.
    As she went back onto land, to the shock of the on lookers, she observed the large scale in her hands. "..I bet Mr. Pokémon would like to have this for display.." As weird as it sounded, she did just that, returning all the way to Cherrygrove- almost. The man she saw several days ago at the start of her journey.. luckily was there within his home. He gawked at the scale, inspecting carefully. "Shadria, my girl! This is simply phenomenal! I.. don't know if it'll have much use, but I want to give you this as thanks- and as a proper trade." He handed over a bizarre object made of leather and metal, quite strange to look at. "This is a EXP. Share, a item that gives Pokémon experience from battles- even if they didn't actually participate." The look of confusion on her face turned to that of excitement. "Really?? That's so cool! Thank you, Mr. Pokémon!" The two had a small chat, healing her team, and she set out once more.
    Making her way back to Ecruteak, she went to the west and past the Miltank Farm- finding Olivine City. As she started to approach the Gym, who was to come out but..Kaz. Shadria tensed, expecting a brutal fight. He scoffed, noticing, but paused, crossing his arms. "..You want to take on the gym, huh? Well, too bad- she's not in." Kaz messed with his new Mineral Badge..most likely stolen, as he claimed the Gym was closed. "The Gymleader is up in the lighthouse, with some sick Pokémon." Shadria looked distraught, "A sick Pokémon? Is it ok?" Her worry led Kaz to chuckle as he continued on. "..Why bother with it? If a Pokémon is sick..let it go." Rage started to build, but before Shadria could say or do anything, Kaz shoved her into the Gym and left.
    "Aaagh!!", she finally couldn't help but scream once he was away. Stamping her foot, she turned to CC JR in distress. "What kind of trainer..no, PERSON is he?? Wanting a sick Pokémon to DIE? I can't believe someone like him exists!!" The Quilava by her side frowned, growling in agreement.
    Going further into Olivine, she encountered a friendly Sailor who gave her the HM Strength, and timidly let the Gyarados- which she named Berserker- out. Interestingly, it seemed that Berserker was much more friendly once away from the Lake. She happily replaced Sally with him, and her team was now full!
    Making it up to the lighthouse, Shadria and Sparkz stared in worry as they approached Jasmine and a bedridden Ampharos named Amphy. "Amphy is the lighthouse's beacon..but has fallen ill. I've heard there's some really powerful medicine in Cianwood City but I can't leave poor Amphy alone.", the Gymleader- known as Jasmine- quietly explained. Sparkz looked at the Ampharos, worried. "Flaa!" Shadria nodded, looking at her map. "Sparkz, lets go. We have some medicine to pick up!"
    Leaving the lighthouse, she sent Berserker out to the waters and made her way through the rough sea to Cianwood. While trying to find the Pharmacy, she ended up in the Gym and decided to take on Chuck- which wasn't hard at all with Vlad at her side. After exiting with the Storm Badge and TM Dynamic Punch, his wife came up and congratulated her with HM Fly. After sheepishly asking, she finally got her way to the Pharmacy and obtained the Secret Potion.
    Returning, she quickly gave the potion over and smiled as it kicked in quickly. Jasmine thanked her many times, then slowly left for her Gym once more. Shadria gave Amphy a pet, then left, deciding to explore some more, and train. While training within Union Cave, Vlad evolved!
    Making it back to Mahogany Town for better training, she met Lance. Now, she knew who Lance was, but it was clear he was trying to act like a random trainer so she let him. "There's a bizarre radio signal that is affecting the Magikarp and Gyarados here. I saw that you took care of the Red Gyarados, how about you help me find out what's going on?" Shadria nodded, excited to see him in action. Returning to the town, they found the signal coming from a strange building and stormed in! It was Team Rocket, and had taken over the hidden downstairs. Shadria started to head down, unsure what was ahead.. She tripped a trap and got a onslaught of grunts fighting her! It was difficult, but CC JR held his ground. In the process, Sparkz gained the experience to evolve into Ampharos!

[​IMG]
    CC JR
    Lv 29
    Item: Charcoal
    Tackle
    Ember
    Quick Attack
    Smoke Screen
    [​IMG]
    Sparkz
    Lv 30
    Item: EXP Share
    Tackle
    Thundershock
    Rock Smash
    Thunder Punch
    [​IMG]
    Aster
    Lv 30
    Cut
    Acid
    Sweet Scent
    Poison Powder
    [​IMG]
    Berserker
    Lv 30
    Surf
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Strength
    [​IMG]
    Skyler
    Lv 30
    Bite
    Quick Attack
    Mud-Slap
    Shadow Ball
    [​IMG]
    Vlad
    Lv 30
    Bite
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Confuse Ray

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #21 Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  2. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Heading in, Shadria found herself surrounded by traps. Any move would alert the Rocket Grunts, but her team held strong and helped her make it to the next floor. Lance looked over, helping her heal her team. "The doors to the generator, which I'm guessing is what's making the radio waves, is locked. We have to find a way to stop it." He went further in, Shadria at his heels. A Grunt, intimidated, meekly explained how to unlock the doors. "..It looks like we have to find 2 passwords.. Only a few of these Grunts know them. Let's get to it." Lance glanced at Shadria before leaving to 'interrogate' some more Rocket members.
    As she started trying 'interrogating' herself, it was apparent that Rocket's influence had grown- as a man who once gifted her dad a Lapras within Silph was now on their side. It was difficult, but she got the passwords 'Slowpoketail' and 'Raticatetail'.
    As she approached a locked door, she heard footsteps behind her. "..Hey! Didn't I tell you that I was going to handle Team Rocket..??" Shadria turned as Kaz approached, pushing her into the wall. "Tell me, who was that guy in the cape with a Dragonite?" She was about to respond, "Lance, he's-" "My Pokémon were no match at all!", he punched the wall by her head, frightening Shadria. He paused, then laughed. "I don't care that I lost." 'Like heck you don't..', Shadria could barely hold back a smile at that thought. "I can beat him ..by getting stronger Pokémon!" Kaz glanced at his Pokeballs then looked away. "It's..what he said that bothers me. Something about needing to ..love and trust Pokémon. Bah! Now I'm furious! I LOST to a bleeding heart. Like you!" He backed off with a huff. "I don't have the time to mess with you.." Kaz turned and left, Shadria slowly fixing her hat back.

Aster- Gloom
    Lv 30
    Cut
    Acid
    Sweet Scent
    Poison Powder

Sparkz- Ampharos
    Lv 30
    Tackle
    Thundershock
    Rock Smash
    Thunder Punch

Skyler- Eevee
    Lv 30
    EXP. Share
    Bite
    Quick Attack
    Mud-Slap
    Shadow Ball

Vlad- Crobat
    Lv 31
    Bite
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Confuse Ray

CC JR- Quilava
    Lv 31
    Flame Wheel
    Ember
    Quick Attack
    Smokescreen

Berserker- Gyarados
    Lv 31
    Surf
    Bite
    Dragon Rage
    Strength

3. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Using her new passwords, she entered a locked room. A Rocket Admin glanced over, then did a double take. "How did you get in here? This office..is for the boss." He slowly approached, gripping his Pokeballs. "I'm sure he'll one day return and resume command again. So we're keeping here guarded. No one shall disturb this building, not even a little brat like you!" The Admin sent out a Zubat, leading Aster to defend Shadria.
    The Gloom started the battle by attempting to distract the bat Pokémon with Acid, but got hit with Supersonic and became confused. Despite being confused, Aster managed to fling some Acid at Zubat, weakening it greatly- but not completely. One last drooled Acid did Zubat in, but Aster still wasn't doing well. "Aster, you did great!", Shadria called out, returning her Gloom as the Admin sent out a Raticate. Sparkz braced himself, then ran at the rat with a super effective Rock Smash. The rock-breaking punch wasn't enough to take down Raticate, and it responded with a Tail Whip. Thinking it over, Sparkz changed his next attack at the last second, fooling the rat with a Thunderpunch. The electrical attack was too much, wiping the big rat Pokémon out. A Koffing rushed in, lightly startling the Ampharos. Koffing released a poisonous Smog attack, but through it, Sparkz used a strong Thundershock attack. Somehow the Koffing survived, watching the Electric type struggle in the gas. Shadria coughed, covering her mouth and nose, barely avoiding the poisons herself. Rushing with a full body slam, Sparkz took the Koffing down with a Tackle attack. "I..I couldn't do anything.. Boss, please forgive me!"
    He shook his head, admitting defeat. "No..I won't let this affect me. I have to..I will inform the others." The admin ran..right into a table, still hazed from the poison fog slowly dissipating, but left the room with a small limp. Shadria slowly gasped for air, leaning against a table, and gave Sparkz a PsncureBerry for his ailment. "Kroow!", a bird in a cage got her attention. The trainer opened the cage, a Murkrow flying out and landing on the table. "Krow! The password is HAIL GIOVANNI! Murrr!" The bird gave a knowing look before flying out of the room.
    With that password, Shadria made her way back towards the generator, curious. Her thoughts were correct as the password opened the generator door- finally! Stepping in, she was rushed by a Rocket Grunt/Admin duo, still trying to hold their ground. "You can't take us both down at the same time!", one yelled, glaring. Before the Admin could attack, a familiar Dragonite came in and threw her away with a tail swipe. "Now now, don't be so selfish. Granted, that's what Team Rocket seems to be.." Lance walked over, adjusting his cape. The female Admin slowly approached again. "You had a accomplice?? Where's your sense of honor? Hmmn? I'll show you what happens when you meddle with Team Rocket!"
    A Arbok came forth, watching as a recovered Sparkz stood his ground. The snake couldn't even fight back, the sheep running forth with a powerful Thunderpunch. CC JR swapped in as a Gloom was next, and also went out like a light due to Flame Wheel. The Quilava politely let Sparkz have the field as a Murkrow took Gloom's place. Once more, Thunderpunch lay waste to the Admin's last Pokémon- truly a powerful move!
    "Tch.. It's a shame you don't want to join Team Rocket..", the Admin flinched, returning her Pokémon. "Such power would be respected among us..You could even become a Admin- like me." She sighed, looking around at the mess. "This hideout is done for. But that's ok, our radio experiment was a success.. Look at the Lake, heh. Doesn't matter about this hideout.. Our plans are much larger. I'm sure you'll come to appreciate us, Team Rocket, soon enough." The admin laughed, and threw a large smoke bomb. Shadria and Lance coughed, noticing that all the Rockets were gone once the smoke had cleared.
    "We did it, that was all the Rockets here. ..But that red haired guy I fought earlier.." Lance shook his head, walking over. "I'm sorry, I saw how well you were handling things, so I hung back to make sure you were doing fine. Now all that's left is to turn off the generator." They approached the machine, looking it over. "I don't see a off switch..", Shadria called out to Lance, who only frowned in response. "We have no choice then, Shadria.. We have to faint the Electrode hooked up to the machine. It's not the Pokémon's fault, so this ...feels wrong." He approached one side, looking over. "You take that side.."

4. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Shadria glanced around, then approached the Electrode. They were covered in wires and clearly in distress. She hated the idea of it, but had no choice. They had to go down... Sparkz at her side, they started to faint the captured electric types. The first grew desperate and Self-Destructed, hurting Sparkz badly. CC JR bravely stepped forward to assist in his stead. The last also Self-Destructed, ultimately freeing itself and the Magikarp of the lake from the radio. She carefully freed the fainted Pokémon, then approached Lance. "The signal is finally gone.. the lake should return to normal soon, I hope there hasn't been any permanent damage." Shadria nodded, remembering her new partner, Berserker and the pain he was in. "Shadria, you're a real hero! Please, take this as thank you from me and all the Pokémon involved." Lance pulled out a HM, Whirlpool, handing it to the trainer. "..Whirlpool, huh.. Doesn't sound very exciting or useful.." Shadria muttered, wondering why such a weak move would ever be a HM. Surely that status will be gone soon.. "Shadria, the journey to becoming a Pokémon Master is long and difficult.." He paused, giving a confident smile. "But if you're anything like your father, I'm sure you'll succeed someday." She stared, surprised. "So you do remember me? ..Geeze it's be years though, following my dad around as he did the Jhoto Elite Four himself.. I figured you didn't, as you were acting like a normal trainer." Lance shook his head, patting his Dragonite's shoulder. "If I was out in the open as is, our cover would have been blown, and I would be surrounded by fans." He laughed a bit, then got serious. "Keep up the good work, don't forget who's getting you this far." CC JR barked in approval as the powerful trainer continued. "I look forward to seeing you, and how far you can achieve." With that, he and his dragon Pokémon left the abandoned base. After a moment of silence to take in what he had said, Shadria did the same. She looked at her Pokegear and realized it was Tuesday. "The Bug Catching Contest!", she cried out, Aster getting hopefully excited at it. With a small cheer they clung to Vlad and flew back to Goldenrod, healing then approaching the National Park. Although she failed to get a rare Pinsir, Shadria entered with a lv 17 Weedle, and ultimately failed to even place. Someone else caught the Pinsir she failed to, and won with it! She hung her head in failure, accepting the participation Berry. Nicknaming him 'Sting', the Weedle joined the growing Bug Party in the PC. "..Sorry Aster.. maybe some day." She sadly looked at her Gloom, who frowned right back. If only there was some way to get a Sun or Leaf Stone besides contests! Shadria sighed, remembering how Celadon had a huge sale on Leaf Stones, according to a letter from her dad, that is. Exiting, she decided to go and try Jasmine once more. A short fly and walk later, she approached the Steel type leader. "Shadria, welcome back. Are you ready to try to beat my tough metal Pokémon again?" With a stern nodd, Shadria sent Sparkz out first. "Amphroo!", he baaed, earing Jasmine's impressment. "He evolved! Looks just like Amphy in his younger days.." She sent out a Magnemite, which sparked in anticipation. "But that doesn't mean I won't go easy!" The challenger grinned, then commanded a super effective Rock Smash. Magenmite was phased, but responded with a harsh Thunderwave. Sparkz struggled, but found it impossible to move after a Sonicboom attack. Another Sonicboom was Magenmite's downfall, freeing Sparkz from his current immobilization and earning it a Thunderpunch to the eye. The magnet Pokémon wasn't looking too good, struggling to hover. It screeched a Supersonic, confusing the Ampharos. "Sparkz! Focus!" Shadria's words kept his head clear for now, and a Rock Smash led to Magnemite's demise. Another was quick to replace, screws turning in fury.. or something. This one started with a Sonicboom, scattering Sparkz's thoughts and leading to him accidentally hitting himself. "No!" Another Sonicboom had Sparkz in the red, but it helped the sheep focus, and land a Rock Smash. How much longer could he last though..? A Sonicboom fell Sparkz as he was preparing a Thunderpunch. "Sparkz..! You did great.." Shadria sighed, returning him with a soft smile. Aster rushed out, forgetting Steel didn't get hurt by Poison attacks. "Aster! You can't do any damage!" She paused, thinking. "But you can do some stat changes!" The poison type nodded, releasing a perfume-y Sweet Scent. The enemy retaliated with Thunderwave, paralyzing Aster, and then a Thunderbolt- only to realize it didn't hurt the plant Pokémon much. Aster rushed in with a Cut, earning a critical hit and massive damage. "W-what?! But that's a Normal type move! It shouldn't do anything on Steel types!" Jasmine panicked and had her last Magnemite use Supersonic in hopes of evading more critical hits. Aster failed to use Sweet Scent, only hurting himself in the process. Another Thunderbolt hit, hurting Aster a bit more than before. A Cut landed, but failed to crit like before. Both Pokémon were weakened, it was anyone's guess who would win- both having bad movesets for the other. Another Thunderbolt landed, but Aster held on with just a pinch of HP left. But in the last second, Aster hurt himself with his Cut attack and fainted. "Aster..! You did amazing, don't forget that.." Shadria returned her Grass/Poison type and sent out CC JR. "Now you're being smart with types.." Jasmine quipped, seeing the flames burn red hot. A fast and furious Flame Wheel brought Magnemite to the ground. "Of course..you know this means war." The Gym leader glanced over, then sent forth her tank- Steelix. He roared, looking down at CC JR from above. "It..it's huge!!" Shadria could only gulp as her Quilava rushed forward with Flame Wheel once more. The attack took Steelix off guard, and earned massive damage. The iron snake grabbed a few rocks from the arena and used them in Rock Throw. CC JR tried to dodge, but got hit with some, hurting a bit. Refusing to give up without a fight, he ran, ran faster than before. Before Steelix could defend, the speedy Flame Wheel went up his body and right into his face. With a roar of defeat the steel titan went down. Shadria stared, wide eyed in disbelief, Jasmine looked over with a similar stare. "I..w..We did it!! CC JR!!" The trainer clung to her Pokémon in joy. "You did it! Congratulations." Jasmine smiled, approaching after accepting what happened. "It seems I still have a lot to learn, I never expected that to occur! As per rules, I present to you the Mineral Badge." She handed the pin to Shadria, who proudly put it on her bag with the others. "Please, take this as well." Shadria held a new TM, staring at it. "It's Iron Tail, a powerful move that can also sometimes reduce another's defense." With a smile and a friendly handshake, Shadria wished Jasmine and Amphy the best and left for the next gym. "..I think I saw a gym in Mahogany Town..lets check it out." She told Vlad, petting before taking flight. Shortly after arriving, she entered the gym and started freezing. "S-so cold!" She realized it had to be Ice type!

CC JR
    Lv 32
    Flame Wheel
    Ember
    Quick Attack
    Smokescreen

Sparkz
    Lv 31
    Tackle
    Thundershock
    Rock Smash
    Thunderpunch