1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Share your tragic Shiny Stories

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by OzoneFruit, Sep 18, 2017.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Shiny Pokémon are something we all crave at one point or another playing Pokémon. However, fate is not always kind to us. What are some stories you have where you lost a Shiny Pokémon, due to Horde Battles, dying batteries, or the infamous selfdestructive Geodude?

Mine was in Fire Red. I was in Viridian Forest, and my team was near fainting due to multiple posionings. I was just trying to get out as fast as I could, running away from everything. As I wasn't paying attention, I heard yet another Weedle cry, and I got prepared to flee. I then suddenly realized there had also been a sparkling noise after. Shocked, I looked down, but I had already run, and I watched in horror as that golden Weedle faded away...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I was playing emerald and I accidentally knocked out a shiny oddish when trying to lower its health. I forgot ground moves were super effective against it T^T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    *I was playing Pokémon Emerald, and when i got to Rayquaza, it was black, and not green.
    I just assumed it was a shiny, and Hyper-Beamed it a few times.
    I used like, 5 ultraballs up. I tried to weaken it just a bit more using Return.
    IT FAINTED

4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I had three accounts of shinies in FR/LG that were tragic...

One was a Grimer in the Cinnabar Mansion... I had no pokeballs.

The second was a Slugma in Mt. Ember post e4... I also had no pokeballs.

The last was a shiny Nidorina in the Safari Zone that ran away...

5. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Not really me, but I recently saw my sister accidentally WT away a Shiny Slugma. I believe someone who totally wasn't me screamed and slammed 3DS's everywhere and hit buttons and failed. RIP.
    #MissingNo

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Full Odds Shiny Tentacool in HG, my first Shiny..... No Pokeballs (Ironically, In the Same place one would find Missingno). Because of that I always carry Pokeballs now

7. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Found a full odds 1/8192 shiny Nidorina in my HeartGold...

...in the Safari Zone.

Let's just say there was some sadness upon reading it ran away.

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ouch.... That must have hurt something awful ;-;

9. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I've never actually lost a shiny. Caught every one I've encountered thus far.

But there was one time where my brother got my X version and Wonder Traded away my shiny Noibat and got a Scatterbug in return...

Screw you brother

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    That is just being an asshole. Noibat is such a pretty shiny.

I don't actually have a sad shiny story. Aside from the fact that it took me 15 years to get one aside from Static ones.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Met a shiny Lairon in Sapphire, it used Roar I don't think I need to say more than that.

BraviaryScout likes this.
  12. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I've caught all I've encountered.

the thing is i've encountered zero .v.

13. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    That's pretty rage inducing right there.

I know right? Before I learned how to do the Masuda from you guys, all the shinies I encountered by the static were by random chance. And Noibat's shiny version is one of my favorite for the dragons

14. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I actually managed to catch a Golden Geodude in SoulSilver. Unfortunately I had to sell my Pokémon games about a week later.

About a year before that I caught a Shiny Fearow in Pokémon Black. After I caught it I turned off my DS to go eat dinner... without saving.

I have lost two shinies (three if you count the Red Gyarados I caught in HeartGold) to this day. This annoys me as these are the only shinies I have ever SEEN in my Pokémon games. T_T

15. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    let me tell you the tale of my attempts of soft resetting for a shiny ho-oh — I kept going and it took a week before this gorgeous gold-and-silver phoenix appeared and I was so happy, I immediately knew what moves to Not Knock It Out because I'd practiced on the non-shiny ho-oh.

my predictions did not factor in a critical hit.

( eventually I did get a second and caught it and it had the Worst nature but that's fine, it was beautiful anyway )

16. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Some of you may have already heard this one, but I'll type it in here anyway.

It happened a long, long time ago, back when I was playing Pokémon Pearl version. I was in the post game, training in the depths of Stark Mountain. All of a sudden, a shiny blue Weezing appeared. My first instinct was to immediately throw a Quick Ball at it, but it escaped immediately.

And it's first move was Explosion.

I was a little upset by this... And to add more salt to the wound, a Let's Player I was watching around that time managed to catch a shiny Koffing without much hassle. I had never felt so angry in my entire young life. Since then, the Koffing line are my least favorite Pokémon ever.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I randomly came across a shiny Smeargle in Y. I got it down to low health, but then it used sketch and MISSED. It knocked itself out with struggle. T_T

18. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm 90% sure I either ran from a Shiny Drowzee or a Ditto transformed into a Drowzee in one run of Pokémon Silver when I was young.

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Ouch... How do you miss with Sketch? >_> I feel your pain...

20. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I don't know, but it happened and it was horrible. T_T

I think what might have happened actually was that I switched to a Pokémon to weaken it better, it used sketch and the move failed. Yeah, I think that was it. I didn't actually attack it at all, it just kept hurting itself and all my pokeballs kept failing.