1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Share your tragic Shiny Stories

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by OzoneFruit, Sep 18, 2017.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Oh dang, that sucks ;-; I really wish that move had more than one PP...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    My tragic story is the fact that I've never encountred a legit shiny in any main series Pokémon game and it makes me sad, almost 5 years and still nothing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Furie likes this.
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    *Hugs* It's okay, you'll get one soon, I believe in you!

4. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I'm in the same boat and I've played for 20 years! Of course there might've been times I saw them when I was too young to know, but in my time playing with the knowledge of shineys, I've never seen one!

Actually I think I might've seen one in Moon but I didn't catch it because it wasn't a Pokémon I really wanted much anyway. (plus Moon wasn't very fun to me)

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    lol does stupidly restarting over my save data in Diamond count? I was desperate to replay and ended up losing everything, including my first ever shiny (Whismur that was migrated from Sapphire). It's still tragic to think about tbh ( ;﹏; ) Many regrets.

otherwise, a shiny Geodude selfdestructing on me. Guess it's not a huge loss though.. not my favorite shiny.

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Oh noooo! D: Yeah, not transferring everything overt before a restart is really unfortunate. I remember in my Sapphire and Fire Red, I accidentally restarted my Sapphire while a bunch of Kanto starters I hatched were still in there TT.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    One day I found a shiny Electrike in Sapphire. My first shiny encounter ever, and I was so excited. My sister was sitting next to me and decided she wanted to catch it, so she snatched the GBA out of my hand without my permission and then proceeded to use a super effective move on the Electrike, fainting it in one hit T_T
    Needless to say I was furious.

8. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Not my story but my brother was playing through Pokémon Black and found a shiny Zebstrika. His Pokémon were too strong to weaken it so he kept chucking pokeballs at it before he ran out.

9. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Remember when Safari Zones were universally hated before Generation Six? Remember when you could only use a pokéball that had the catch-rate modifier of a regular one? Remember when pokémon would flee all the time and there was little you could do about it? Pepperbridge Farm Remembers.

Anyhow, It was years back (my pre-teen years to be exact) I was playing through my copy of Fire Red and searched for wild pokémon, to my utter surprise, I saw a blue-eyed venonat. The only shiny I had in my collection during that time was a red gyarados from Heart Gold (which everybody had), I didn't want to risk making it flee on the first turn, so I threw a safari ball... It got out. And from there on I don't think I need to explain what happened next... Every time I see a venonat now I see those blue eyes looking at me with sheer delight as it torments me by the second... Knowing that it got away from my grasps, never for me to encounter it again...

To ease the pain, however I did encounter and catch a shiny duskull in Heart Gold's Safari Zone, a year or two after (I think?) and it looks super cool.

#29 Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  10. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    In Pokémon Black, I encountered an orange Pidove and I immediately knew that it was shiny and I accidentally killed it when I was weakening it. Later in my Pokémon Saphire playthrough I encountered an orange Zigzagoon and caught it, but never used it since.

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    POKÉMON X.
    CATCHING TUTORIAL.
    SHINY BUNNELBY.
    @Butternut

Arctiquaza and Butternut like this.
  12. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Never forget, that one is a true horror.

I don't really have a tragic story anymore, but I used to be part of the no shiny club, in all 600 hours that are on my diamond save file and many more hours in other games too, I found no shinies whatsoever. But when gen 6 and 7 came around I suddenly started finding them xD

13. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I was playing Pokémon white. It was near the route 9 shopping mall. I was just walking in the tall grass when I found a shiny minccino. I was pretty young back then, and I didn’t know what a shiny was. I forgot if I ran or knocked it out, but I didn’t catch it. I realised later on when I found out what a shiny was what big of a mistake that was.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    So I guess this counts. When sparkles were being added to LV shinies, I found a shiny swablu on the maintenance page without knowing the shiny odds were increased to 100%. I couldn't catch it and I was very miffed. Until I was told it wasn't a legit shiny.

15. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I accidentally KO'd a shiny Linoone back in my Ruby days because I didn't know what shiny Pokémon were and I thought they were stronger versions of regular Pokémon and I wanted to test that theory.

.... needless to say I bombed my opportunity entirely.

16. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Does anyone else feel both excited and disappointed when they receive a shiny through Wonder trade? I mean, yaaay, shiny, but chances are it's not legit... T_T

17. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This one is honestly kinda funny. So in my copy of Pokémon Crystal I was surfing around (I was like 6 or 7 when I first played it so keep that in mind) and I found a shiny Tentacool. I thought my game was cursed or glitched because of the stars, so I caught it to show to the guy who works at my Gamestop. Surprise surprise he told me it was glitched and said he can swap it out for a new copy, so I thought I was safe until I saw him inserting the cartridge into his Gameboy (yeah they play videogames on the job) so I thought he was doing some sort of test to see what had happened.

Cut to like a week later where I here my friends at school talking about "Shiny Pokémon." One of my friends (who sooo hacked the game using a Gameshark) showed off his collection of Shiny Pokémon on his game, and he showed us a Tentacool. I realized my mistake but by then it was too late.

18. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Wow that is pure evil I swear like what the hell.

The first and only shiny I found was a Ghastly and I had no PokeBalls to capture it. Classic. It was on Pokémon Glazed on the VBA Emulator hah.

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    O O F, that hurts from this side of the screen T_T RIP little Tentacool

20. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I was in the first forest of Pokémon DP with my partner (the girl with the Chansey) when suddenly a shiny Dustox appeared... Chansey killed it.