1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Share your tragic Shiny Stories

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by OzoneFruit, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    For LV's Summer Scramble, I used my copy of Pokémon X to hunt for shinies for one of the challenges and had caught a shiny whismur, nidoran and skorupi. A few weeks ago, I wanted to start a new Nuzlocke challenge and since I'd used all my other games for Nuzlocke runs and didn't feel like playing Sun or Ultra Moon again, I reset X. It was only after a few hours of gameplay that I realised what I'd done...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I’m not sure if it counts, but for the April Fools event, I was shiny hunting Mew. I found it... and skipped it... twice.

but i created a nice artwork after it... so i guess it’s not that bad?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Twice.

TWICE.

My heart can't take this. T_T

Gwoomy likes this.
  4. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Oof so here we go

My brother wanted to do some SOS shiny hunting. I let him continue my hunt and sat nearby. Later, *sparkle noise* Me: OOF SHINY
    I run over and look at it. The thing I was hunting was a sandile. With double sandiles, one will use *insert name I for of move here* which will raise the attack, but confuse it, on its ally. I tell him to give it to me. He says no. I tell him to knock out the non shiny one so it didn't confuse the shiny one. He said he knew what he was doing. I assumed He was going to do my suggestion. He used false swipe on the shiny. The other one confused it, and it knocked itself out. Thanks bro, a week of hunting wasted.

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    And this is why you don't let your siblings touch your Pokémon games :U Although my brother did find me that Shiny Nihilego once... :wipping:

6. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Nothing much, just miss clicked on the wrong move in Pokémon White and knocked out the Petilil XD

7. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Encountered a shiny graveler.
    Then it blows up.
    After two steps...TWO STEPS!!!!!!
    Another shiny graveler
    It blows up again!!!!!!!
    BTW all happens in turn one.
    Why?

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Sigh... Yep, I can relate. That's Graveler for you... T_T

9. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My very first shiny was in Soul Silver.
    I was in the Burned Tower and I encountered a shiny Zubat. I'm actually a big fan of Zubat (more specifically Crobat)
    and I was scared of knocking it out so I asked my brother to catch it for me, which he successfully did! Then I put it on my Pokewalker....
    Since then, I've moved house 3 times and I lost it at some point.... I miss my shiny Zubat.......
    However! This story does have a happy ending! My brother was recently playing Moon and he encountered a shiny Zubat which he let me have! So now I finally have a shiny Crobat! ^_^

OzoneFruit likes this.
  10. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    GUYS I FOUND A SHINY VOLBEAT WHILE PLAYING Pokémon SAPPHIRE AND IT GOT KNOCKED OUT!!!!!! AGHHHH

11. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Oh yeah one more is that I am catching a lengandary(Forgot it’s name)
    A soft resettled a lot of times (because I was shiny hunting)
    And the game froze when I encounter the shiny.
    10000000000+soft resets and almost 3 monthes of my life is gone

12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Awwww, sorry to hear about your Pokewalker T_T I have fond memories of a magical land called the outdoors during my HGSS days...

What a nice brother!! Glad you got it back in a way! :3

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I had another one. I was playing a physical copy of crystal. I had just gotten my starter and left newbark town and I had nothing but a potion. All of a sudden, A shiny hoppip pops up on my second encounter. Boy was I ticked off. I ran and never picked up that copy after that. I nw have it on virtual console and I have yet to find another shiny.

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    This hurts to read. That's even worse than those stories about people finding a shiny Poochyena attacking Birch, or Wally finding a shiny Ralts T_T

15. InkyGuy

InkyGuy Sailor

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽670.7
    Ice Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Soothe Bell ★
    I have only lost Two shinies in my life. One was on a fan game with a shiny Petilil, i tried to go on Bag, but because of the emotion i clicked too much and i accidentally run away. Luckly, it was a fan game so it didn't mattered really.

The second was on Pokémon White 2. I was playing it For the first time and after like an half of hour i found a Shiny sewaddle (it was my first shiny i've ever found not counting the red gyarados). I caught it and, some time later i moved it on Black, probably because i wanted to train it there. After some time, i wanted to do a nuzloke and i choosed Black to do it, totally forgetting that i had the shiny sewaddle there. So i cancelled my Pokémon Black's Save files. Only some days later, meanwhile i was searching my shiny sewaddle i found out and I don't want to describe how i felt when I remembered where i had left it.

#55 Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I once started a playthrough of Heart Gold and my first random encounter was a shiny Sentret. It was the first time I'd found a shiny Pokémon in the wild and I couldn't even catch it because I didn't have any Pokéballs yet.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Not me, but a friend of mine. She caught a shiny Mudbray. Then she proceeded to trade it for a “cuter” Pokémon.
    I screamed for at least ten minutes straight.

18. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    When I was surfing one day in I think like 2008?? I came across a shiny tentacool. Long story short, I didn't know what a shiny was at the time. I thought my game was glitched so I ran away... I didn't even faint it....